Spectat Jaguar

EagleA25

Everything has been on the wishlist (several times)

But hey, one extra won't hurt :tongue:

I'd also definitely buy the Jaguar if it were available :thumbup:

• Like 6

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 10 months later...

It would be nice if you guys would include pictures or videos to help your case. Geez.

By the way I chose this picture to show off the Jaguars unique landing gear that is designed to operate off fields.

Jaguar.jpg

Edited by Evoman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Evoman said:

It would be nice if you guys would include pictures or videos to help your case. Geez.

By the way I chose this picture to show off the Jaguars unique landing gear that is designed to operate off fields.

Jaguar.jpg

I think it’s the “legs” that show a resemblance with the Mirage F1

One thing to note... it's "SEPECAT Jaguar", not Spectat, SEPECAT.

I think this aircraft would make a good 'counter' to the Su25T as a freebie since it's almost as capable in both air to air, and air to ground, and it's basically been used all over the place, and is still in use today.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 6:49 PM, Evoman said:

Jaguar.jpg

ahhhh those Halcion days when the RAF was still vaguely interesting....

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Childhood and teenage memories of looking down on Jags tearing down Welsh valleys, pulling up, then rolling inverted over the next ridge line…

0490519F-343F-4A3C-87E4-56B14EADFF92.jpeg

596A373E-0465-4B1E-A0E5-1C0080360D03.jpeg(Not my images…)

Also used to see (and hear) the occasional low-level strike exercise against the nearby navy base.. thing of the past these days 😕

• Like 3

On 2/8/2022 at 12:53 PM, Tank50us said:

I think this aircraft would make a good 'counter' to the Su25T as a freebie since it's almost as capable in both air to air, and air to ground, and it's basically been used all over the place, and is still in use today.

The sidewinders were there for emotional support...

The GR3a with the 97 upgrade so we have the Helmet sight thingy..

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

2 hours ago, joey45 said:

Now I have this desire to make a livery for the Sidewinder where there's a Emotional Support Animal vest wrapped around the missile XD

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 9:53 AM, Tank50us said:

Man... there's my Dyslexia again... Sorry...! You're absolutely right! SEPECAT!

On 2/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, joey45 said:

Interesting thing I remember: I saw a few Saudi or Kuwaiti Jaguars coming back during Desert Storm having the Sidewinders mounted ON TOP of the wing... must have been a ME add-on?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 5:04 PM, SlimJimIV said:

I doubt the MoD would allow the data on the Jag to be released,

Who said we needed the Jaguar GR3? The Jaguar GR1 would certainly fill a niche for a Cold War strike aircraft just fine. It’s old-school-cool and non-secretive. I think it would be great.

• Like 1