Caucasus Map Harbor Depths

Admiral189

Hey Admiral !

Unfortunately I don't think ED will correct/update those harbour depths, seabed/elevation map anytime soon.
However some LUA trick/cheat will be useful maybe.
Try these:
A.:  GT.riverCraft = true - AFAIK land/sea base, water depth and river elevation/altitude not checked with "true"
B.: AFAIK there are no Ship-Draft definition for LUA of Ships, but if it were, there could be cheating with Draft data.
(BTW: do you know what GT.Gamma_max and GT.Om means ? - i guess those are not Draft definitions, however with a little brainstorm 😄  GT.Height * GT.Gamma (or DeckLevel) = Draft (would be approx))
C.: Did you try to use non-renderable collison model of ships without underwater parts ? (just like current old-ugly barge 3D models)

😞 ... 
 couple years gone since the water is transparent and underwater parts of the ship-3D models are renderable (and visible in the water) but the water-rudder animation usage is still missing when ship is turning/changing direction
Moreover: bogey/bogie animations (rotations on rails-curves) of trains and wagons have been removed (what were achieved earlier) for EDM models (NotIstances swap for map-ref 3D models) 

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Great idea Vampire! Basically using the draft of the small boats.. 

the ships use to transit the harbor and channels. Not sure what happened! Gonna test now. Let you know! 

I noticed Ed animated the rudders but their not functioning in game. The code is there but no movement! Thanks!

No joy! Your script locked the game so i used the script from the armed speedboat: "GT.riverCraft = true"   Didn't work either! I will keep at it.

No, i didn't know that. It would be great to know what everything means in the ship lua's. I will zero out the Gamma and see what happens. I see it's 0.35 on all the ships. I really hope this is not an issue with the Marianna Map.

Thanks.

Edited by Admiral189

• ED Team

Hi all

I have asked the team to take a look at this. 

thank you

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2