WIP A-6 Intruder skin for CorsairCat's A-6 Intruder Mod

Backy 51

Good morning all,

I see that you are able to view the A-6 from an external view.  Is there a way that I can launch the intruder (whilst I am in the 'pit) from the ground without crashing to desktop?

I think 'Cap' from Growling Sidewinders was only able to launch while airborne.  I know that the Intruder is still a very early WIP but she's a cool mod!

Skelator 

Edited by Skelator117
Spelling error

2 hours ago, Skelator117 said:

Good morning all,

I see that you are able to view the A-6 from an external view.  Is there a way that I can launch the intruder (whilst I am in the 'pit) from the ground without crashing to desktop?

I think 'Cap' from Growling Sidewinders was only able to launch while airborne.  I know that the Intruder is still a very early WIP but she's a cool mod!

Skelator 

My photo is from AI. I get nothing but CTDs when selecting as Player/Client.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone interested in using the CorsairCat's A-6 Intruder Mod my find this useful.

To enable spawning and placing as a static object with the wings folded, make the following edit.

Open the file "...Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCS-A-6E-Intruder-main\A-6E.lua"

Edit line 176. Change from:

" wing_type= 0,"       to      "wing_type= FOLDED_WING,"

I hope that helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, Skelator117 said:

Good morning all,

Skelator 

i can usually get it to spawn on the ground as long as nothing spawns near me, and its a fresh first spawn, if for some reason the plane loads and drops once spawned is when it seems to crash the most.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:12 PM, Tracer740 said:

i can usually get it to spawn on the ground as long as nothing spawns near me, and its a fresh first spawn, if for some reason the plane loads and drops once spawned is when it seems to crash the most.

Thanks Tracer,

I'll give it a go.

Skelator 💀

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the creators of this very beautiful A-6E
and for the very beautiful skins.

Below beehive atmosphere on the STENNIS.

w3oj.png

30fb.png

cr0n.png

57qu.png

n817.png

Little question:
You spoke about it I believe, but how to find the textures of the throttles, and the supports of bombs?

8801.png

1q6j.png

Edited by Pappy2
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, Pappy2 said:

Thank you for the creators of this very beautiful A-6E
and for the very beautiful skins.

Below beehive atmosphere on the STENNIS.

w3oj.png

30fb.png

cr0n.png

57qu.png

n817.png

Little question:
You spoke about it I believe, but how to find the textures of the throttles, and the supports of bombs?

8801.png

1q6j.png

Hey Pappy,

I think you can fix the missing MER texture using this fix:
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/265523-missing-texture-fix-for-anubis-hercules-multiple-ejector-rack/https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/265523-missing-texture-fix-for-anubis-hercules-multiple-ejector-rack/https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/265523-missing-texture-fix-for-anubis-hercules-multiple-ejector-rack/

I'm also working on an update for my Intruder skins. Now that someone got the folding wings to work, I noticed some mistakes I made with the lower side of the wings. I'll also try to fix the missing throttle textures. Dunno why they are missing, might have to change something in the description, because I didnt change anything inside the cockpit.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Hello "Tomcatter87"

thanks for the "Backy 51" patch, it works great for this nice A-6 Intruder.

0tnl.png

Regarding the disappearance of the throttle grip and the part of the dashboard, maybe it's parts of different texture that have the same name ?

Edited by Pappy2

Pappy2,

Locate the Left_Side_Panels.dds and make sure it is being called in the Description.lua for the livery you want.  That should make your missing texture show.

That texture is located in the Textures/A-6E-CPT folder.

image.png

Edited by Backy 51
  • Like 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Backy 51 : Thanks, I'll make sure to add this in my liveries and upload the new versions.

Edited by Tomcatter87
  • Thanks 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

Allright, I finally found the time to upload a new version of my Intruders. The 80s birds are now all in one pack. The missing throttle texture has been fixed. And I improved the textures on the lower side of the wings -   expecially on the Hi Visibility birds. 

Intruders of Vietnam (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Intruders of the 1980s, Part 1 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Intruders of Desert Storm (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 9:37 PM, Backy 51 said:

WIP livery for CorsairCat's A-6 Intruder Mod found here:

https://github.com/CorsairCat/DCS-A-6E-Intruder

CorsairCat, if you read this, greatly appreciated if you could add the Pilot and BN to the model.

WIP2.JPG

+1 for adding pilot to the model.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.