Cold start issue with ground crew in Nellis (and other airbases on Nevada map?)

Ithronwise
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

Hi folks,

I am not sure whether this issue is already known (Google and forum search didn't found anything). On cold start in Nellis the ground crew doesn't talk to me nor reacts, at least in the AV-8B and A-10C. I didn't test other planes yet but in the Zone 5 campaign for the F-14A it works. In Kobuleti on the Caucasus map it works as expected for der AV-8B (see the both short tracks in the attachment).

Best regards,
Rene

AV-8B Cold Start Issue NTTR.trk AV-8B Cold Start Test Caucasus.trk

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• Solution

I'd start with checking the usual things in the mission editor:

a) is the airbase set to the same coalition colour as your aircraft?

b) are the aircraft radio frequencies set correctly for the chosen airbase (if they need to be set that is - I don't own either of these planes so dont know how radio works in them)?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Art-J,

thanks for the advice ...

On 3/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, Art-J said:

a) is the airbase set to the same coalition colour as your aircraft?

... that was it! For some reason Nellis was red, my AV-8B was blue. Normally when I set a plane to an airport, the airport changes the coalition color to the same like the plane. I don't know why it didn't work for this mission. Maybe I accidently clicked somewhere wrong. Long story short, now the ground crew in Nellis talks to me again. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rene

Edited by Ithronwise

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro