Choppy cockpit animations

Northstar98

Hi Everyone,

One thing I've noticed about the Yak-52 is inside the cockpit, many of the animations of various elements are pretty choppy - they're not smooth, appearing to jump when being moved like crude stop-motion - particularly the canopy, which is quite bad to look at IMO - it almost looks like its stuttering when it isn't.

I compared this to the Mi-8MTV-2; a module that is 6 years older than the Yak-52.

It's cockpit IMO is inferior in graphics quality to the Yak-52 (it's certainly not bad, though could do with an overhaul - like what the Ka-50 and A-10C got, but some elements are quite glaring). However, when I repeated the test (done at regular speed and 1/4 speed), the animations of the sliding window, and the red fuel shut-off levers are silky smooth, with no observable 'jumping' - the animations are a lot better, even if the cockpit is somewhat outdated.

The P-47D is also a little choppy, but definitely not as bad as the Yak-52. Strange how the 2012 Mi-8MTV-2 is superior in this regard.

Yak-52_Cockpit_Animations.trk Mi-8_Cockpit_Animations.trk

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 5 weeks later...