Datalink contacts hooking themselves (RIO seat)

WelshZeCorgi

AWG-9 does seem to autohook (what seems to be) the highest priority target sometimes, but i m not sure if it's correct behavior, or what triggers it.

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

2 hours ago, BonerCat said:

AWG-9 does seem to autohook (what seems to be) the highest priority target sometimes, but i m not sure if it's correct behavior, or what triggers it.

It happens in TWS. Pretty sure it’s intentional, but it gets in the way sometimes

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

• 1 year later...

Noticing this behavior too (new to the RIO seat).

Pretty annoying. I had a bandit datalink target hooked tonight and for some reason it kept getting unhooked and a friendly 60 miles at my 9 o'clock kept getting auto-hooked instead. Anybody know what's up with this?

13 hours ago, kablamoman said:

Noticing this behavior too (new to the RIO seat).

Pretty annoying. I had a bandit datalink target hooked tonight and for some reason it kept getting unhooked and a friendly 60 miles at my 9 o'clock kept getting auto-hooked instead. Anybody know what's up with this?

Is it possible you had your datalink source set to the Carrier, rather than AWACS? 

Edited by JupiterJoe