Radio!!! Also, I-16 now fly (more) trim level and coordinated. Cooling requires more attention.

-0303-

Edit/add: I-16 now have radio! I made this whole post without looking down and noticing.:blush:

First look, radio is not clickable. Search "Radio" in "CONTROL OPTIONS" yields only OFF and ON, so just a nonfunctional graphical  add on so far? At least graphically it looks very nice with worn metallic surfaces.

As everybody knows, I-16 used to nose dive and sideslip heavily when hands off stick and rudder. Well, now it flies pretty much level and coordinated. Fine, a lot more comfortable to handle. I'll assume it's a fix closer to reality and not because of complaints.

In one of earliest threads someone states I-16 had ground adjustable trim tabs. It does makes sense that the plane, in real life, would be ground adjusted to fly straight and level (at some desirable speed).

Assuming it's true, I-16 has ground adjustable trim tabs, it would be great, I think (and I've suggested this before), make it like the Bf 109, add these adjustments to the "SPECIAL" column.

~

Also, as headline states, something has changed with the cooling algorithm. Degraded the engine unexpectedly. Seems more attention is now required to watch temps and adjust both cooling levers. Seems adjusting levers yields a quicker result in changing temps.

I used to fly all day at 91 MP 2200 rpm, today it overheated (and undercooled cyl heads), engine damaged, started to stutter. Don't quote this, didn't carefully observe and compare. Time will tell if I imagined it.:detective_2:

Did note someone complain recently that the I-16 engine never breaks. I don't get that at all. First I tried it, 2019, learned quickly one cannot keep going 2300 rpm. Now it seems to require even more attention.

~

New tag: "ground adjustable trim tabs", tentative until / unless coming up with something better. In real life someone calls them "Ground adjustable tabs". :smile:

350px-GAtab.jpg

mod: move to i-16 folder.

Edited by -0303-
  • Like 2

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• -0303- changed the title to Radio!!! Also, I-16 now fly (more) trim level and coordinated. Cooling requires more attention.