Help, VR not working!!

markturner1960

Hi pilots, horror...came to my sim PC just now and fired it all up, WMR gives me error message 414 about the USB cable....I have turned off, un plugged, turned on, used a different port also uninstalled WMR, but still no joy. Everything was working perfectly when I last used the PC a few days back. I do notice steam VR has updated to a newer version 1. 17.1. 

The G2 headset is listed in device manager. 

Anyone else have any issues and any suggestions? I cant face no VR !!!

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

have you tried turning off the power to your G2 headset wait a few and turn it back on 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

When you reinstalled the G2 did WMR Tool Portal have an x in the USB 3.0 ports?? if so you could be suffering the dreaded cable issue.. you will probally need to call HP and get a new cable..

Bad thing about that is they are backordered for 2 months..:(

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

@The_Nephilim - G2 cables are on backorder for 2 months?  Wondering if I should order one now in case mine goes out in the future.  When I had the G1, I had to order (not at the same time) two replacement cables.  Luckily, both were at no cost and arrived in two days.

Well I went to the HP Store and did not see the cable listed? I had my G2 for 2 weeks and it worked fine then it stopped working. I called HP Tech support and the guy there told me they will send out a cable but it is on Backorder for up to 2 months..

IDK what to tell you but if you think that would be a good idea go ahead I dont think it would be like super expensive for the cable, but I did not see it listed and I did not know the part number to see if it was there as some items had No picture.

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

23 minutes ago, The_Nephilim said:

Well I went to the HP Store and did not see the cable listed? I had my G2 for 2 weeks and it worked fine then it stopped working. I called HP Tech support and the guy there told me they will send out a cable but it is on Backorder for up to 2 months..

IDK what to tell you but if you think that would be a good idea go ahead I dont think it would be like super expensive for the cable, but I did not see it listed and I did not know the part number to see if it was there as some items had No picture.

Roger...appreciate the information.

Test it on a second WMR PC to see where to start looking. 

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Yes it sounds like a cable issue to me. If you can test it on another PC and get the same issue I would say it's definitely the cable.

@The_Nephilim it took about 3 weeks for my new cable to arrive (which was last Friday) so hopefully you won't have to wait as long as 2 months. 

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

Yes it sounds like a cable issue to me. If you can test it on another PC and get the same issue I would say it's definitely the cable.

@The_Nephilim it took about 3 weeks for my new cable to arrive (which was last Friday) so hopefully you won't have to wait as long as 2 months. 

Well I guess to cover themselves they put such a long wait. but it was up too 2 months it could be quicker Which is what I hope.. thnx for the info. 🙂

Yes it does sound like the cable issue..

9 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi pilots, horror...came to my sim PC just now and fired it all up, WMR gives me error message 414 about the USB cable....I have turned off, un plugged, turned on, used a different port also uninstalled WMR, but still no joy. Everything was working perfectly when I last used the PC a few days back. I do notice steam VR has updated to a newer version 1. 17.1. 

The G2 headset is listed in device manager. 

Anyone else have any issues and any suggestions? I cant face no VR !!!

My G2 woulnt fire up a few days ago.I managed to get it going again .I removed the cable from the HMD and pushed it gently back in position.It fired up straight away.

OK< an update, after several more attempts, it suddenly worked....so it seems to me as you say, its something cable related.....will see if I can order one, in case. Thanks for the advice

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.