HAWK SAM system, whats wrong with it?

I've been playing on MP server (Hoggit) and one thing I was really annoyed with is that HAWK isn't really shooting at anything, so what is wrong with it?

There is SR and TR and Launchers and hostile planes are well within range but nothing is happening,

Screen_210318_192719.pngScreen_210318_192724.png

I'm heading south

Is there something that needs to be done with it? Really have no idea about deploying those systems but it feels like they are not working properly.

Patriot is firing at the hostiles but HAWK is just not responding.

Edited by Furiz

• ED Team

seems fine in my tests, we would need to see a track replay to know for sure

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think Hawk has a CC in addition to SR and TR. Is that in place?

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

41 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

seems fine in my tests, we would need to see a track replay to know for sure

I just did a test mission and yea they are definitely launching vs hostiles, lots of misses tho but launching (skill set to Excelent vs Veteran AI), so it must be an MP server issue, any idea what could be wrong there?

Edited by Furiz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well we still have the issue on the Georgia at War server.  It seems like the HAWK Sam system when deployed by a helicopter ( CTLD ) do not really work for some reasons.

Maybe it is a server issue? but it would be nice to know for sure what exactly is the cause.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe what is happening is a bug that we can read more about on the CTLD bug tracker: 

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/issues/68

The gist of it is that this is a problem with Immobile SAM sites that are given a command to move someplace in either the editor or by a script. If a SAM site which cannot move is given a waypoint to move someplace, it will never engage air units or change state to search for enemy contacts and can never arrive at that waypoint to do so either. 

This is prevalent on the Hoggit server because the SAM sites listed in the OP post are placed via CTLD. CTLD gives a scripting order to immobile HAWK sites to move just a fraction of a meter on placement to address a previous bug where they were not firing. Now, the order to move them is breaking their ability to engage air units due to aforementioned bug. 

Changing its state to 'Red' in combined arms overrides this behavior as it forces it to prioritize engaging enemy units over moving, but this is not an option for Hoggit as nobody has the credentials to change states on units who are not Game Master. 

Edited by Auditor