UH-1H Attachments Mod

MdVr4On.png

DOWNLOAD

Installation:

1. Place the "UH-1H Attachments" folder in "C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech" or "C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech" depending on which version of DCS you are using

2. Place the "UH-1H.lua" in "C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\UnitPayloads" (Make a backup of the original file, it contains all your custom payloads for the UH-1H).

3. (optional) place the liveries in C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\uh-1h (2 liveries allowing you to dynamically add or remove the default pylons. See this video for how to use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nchMOhnO45g

Usage:

- The attachments must be loaded in the mission editor, unfortunately they will not show up in the ingame rearming menu.

- You can add a serie of custom args at the end of a livery description.lua to open/close the doors or remove/add the default pylons.

in this example, both cargo doors will be open and the default pylons will not show up.

custom_args =
 {
    [43] = 1.0, -- Left Cargo Door: 0 = Closed / 1 = Open
    [44] = 1.0, -- Right Cargo Door: 0 = Closed / 1 = Open 
    [1000] = 1.0, -- Default Pylons: 0 = On / 1 = Off
  }

Note: the AI will close their doors at mission start. As far as I know this is hardcoded. If you want the AIs to fly with their doors open you should place an enenmy unit near the spawn point and tweak the ROE accordingly.

Alternatively, you can also use the 000 Pylons OFF livery to remove the default pylons once the mission has started:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/cd3/pylons_OFF-1.jpg

- There are grey variants of the M60, M134 and Rockets pylons. In order to use them you have to add this to the livery description.lua:

{"m134_pylons", DIFFUSE, "m134_pylons_grey_diff", true}; -- miniguns pylons

{"rocket_pylons", DIFFUSE, "rocket_pylons_grey_diff", true}; -- rockets pylons

{"Material.005", DIFFUSE,	"pylons_grey", true}; -- M60 pylons
{"Material.004", DIFFUSE,	"pylons_grey", true}; -- M60 pylons

- There is a multicam variant for the modern infantry, edit the livery description.lua and add this:

{"Topmat.001", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
{"Topmat.002", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
{"Topmat.003", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
{"Topmat.004", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
{"Bottommat.001", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};
{"Bottommat.002", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};
{"Bottommat.003", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};
{"Bottommat.004", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};

example with a generic description.lua, adding the custom args, grey pylons and multicam infantry:

livery = {
	{"civ_uh1_main_dam", 0, "uh1", false};
	{"civ_uh1_tail_dam", 0, "uh1_tail", false};	
	{"civ_uh1_main", 0, "uh1", false};
	{"civ_uh1_tail", 0, "uh1_tail", false};

{"uh1_main_dam", 0, "uh1", false};
	{"uh1_tail_dam", 0, "uh1_tail", false};
	{"uh1_main", 0, "uh1", false};
	{"uh1_tail", 0, "uh1_tail", false};
	{"uh1_cov", 0, "uh1_cover", false};

--entries for the UH-1H Attachments Mod below:

{"m134_pylons", DIFFUSE, "m134_pylons_grey_diff", true}; -- miniguns pylons

{"rocket_pylons", DIFFUSE, "rocket_pylons_grey_diff", true}; -- rockets pylons

{"Material.005", DIFFUSE,	"pylons_grey", true}; -- M60 pylons
  {"Material.004", DIFFUSE,	"pylons_grey", true}; -- M60 pylons

{"Topmat.001", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
  {"Topmat.002", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
  {"Topmat.003", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
  {"Topmat.004", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_top_multicam_diff", true};
  {"Bottommat.001", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};
  {"Bottommat.002", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};
  {"Bottommat.003", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};
  {"Bottommat.004", DIFFUSE, "us_modern_bottom_multicam_diff", true};

}

custom_args =
 {
    [43] = 1.0, -- Left Cargo Door: 0 = Closed / 1 = Open
    [44] = 1.0, -- Right Cargo Door: 0 = Closed / 1 = Open 
    [1000] = 1.0, -- Default Pylons: 0 = On / 1 = Off
  }

Special thanks to Tobi for the blender edm exporter aswell as Upuaut, Grajo and Rato65

2Eaj1zR.png

hEU4cb7.png

dyu73M9.png

uXPivpN.png

doYPPHh.png

Spoiler

Original post:

Something I've wanted for a long time is a slick huey. So I made a very basic pylon mod to do just that.

More a proof of concept for now but maybe I'll try to make something more realistic in the future.

I still have a few things to iron out but it should be available soon.

8ZaKSVM.png

zOlE3L3.png

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 8

On 3/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Stratos said:

I supose that having BOTH guns and rockets on rear pylon WITHOUT front pylon is impossible, right? This mount would make me incredibly happy.

Avhuey_05.png

+1

Thanks for your mod  @Eight Ball 👌

Edited by EL_LEJI

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

Thanks!

On 3/24/2021 at 7:06 PM, Dave317 said:

This looks great.  If only we could add passengers too.

It's possible using the same method. Way above my skill level right now.

I'd like to make some gear for a SAR/Medevac version tho.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/qn9YcTBmv_-4fgDCyf6gMXDcHoUzLJwtO82J4_IgrrZNNiAsqA3MJWfAR0bYhHcTOb3WyQDBzR70XfFhoy0WUmtPzRgSNfG_Ui25Ul_xY-sOP2BdnI0WnxX_p3I-B7QroXXjI2ILSKt0yw

On 3/24/2021 at 9:48 PM, hotrod525 said:

would it fit the M134D too ? Might bot be "as realistic" but it will still look way better than what we got now

No, unfortunately I have to make a different model for the M134. It's next on the to do list

On 3/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Stratos said:

I supose that having BOTH guns and rockets on rear pylon WITHOUT front pylon is impossible, right? This mount would make me incredibly happy.

I think it's possible in theory but it's going to look ugly with the ammo boxes feeding the miniguns because I assume they are part of the same 3d model.

Edited by Eight Ball

• Eight Ball changed the title to Basic Door Gunners Pylons Mod
3 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Thanks!

It's possible using the same method. Way above my skill level right now.

I'd like to make some gear for a SAR/Medevac version tho.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/qn9YcTBmv_-4fgDCyf6gMXDcHoUzLJwtO82J4_IgrrZNNiAsqA3MJWfAR0bYhHcTOb3WyQDBzR70XfFhoy0WUmtPzRgSNfG_Ui25Ul_xY-sOP2BdnI0WnxX_p3I-B7QroXXjI2ILSKt0yw

I think it's possible in theory but it's going to look ugly with the ammo boxes feeding the miniguns because I assume they are part of the same 3d model.

Cannot see the attached pic.

I think is worth the try, even with boxes on wrong position. I feel that Bushranger Huey is as ugly as it can be 🤣

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• Eight Ball changed the title to UH-1H M23 Armament Subsystem (modded pylons for M-60 door gunners)

Absolute greatness!!!

Btw: Did you figure out to get the WSPS shown without having the external hardpoints? That would also be great!

Cheers

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

• 2 months later...

looking very good. that's what we have been asking from ED-BST for 9 years.. 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Man, those look amazing! Thanks so much for all those wonderful mods you're throwing out to the community!

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Damn Eightball - you are a regular genius! Your unique & beautifully rendered mods are amazing. You have an artistic ability & eye for detail that are a credit to the modding community, and we are privileged to have a modder of your ability. You just need to bolt speakers & surfboards on the sides - we can add the background music "Ride of the Valkyries" in mission 😀

Ride of the Valkyries

Edited by ggrewe
  • Like 2