TACT 21-1: Tactical Air Combat Tournament

X-man

• 3 weeks later...
I've just uploaded the 4 missions that will be used for the tournament. I wanted to add a Syria mission as well, but only so many teams could use it and the random matches drawn wouldn't allow it to be used enough to warrant it. The missions are as follows:

Anapa vs Gudauta (Cauc)
Kobuleti vs Vaziani (Cauc)
Qeshm vs Al Ain (PG)
Kerman vs Bandar (PG)

We've tested them for issues and have resolved what we found, but there's no guarantees that it's 100% so please report any issues/bugs/strangeness to me so I can update them.

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

We're finally done with the schedule for the initial part of the tournament. Due to the incredible amount of teams signing up, we were a bit unprepared to fit everything with a proper format, within 2 months. We opted to go for a short group stage and then a elimination stage for all group winners. (Single elimination would have eliminated half the teams after only one match, and double elimination would be too many matches). This format guarantees each team two matches and then a few advance to quarter finals (two teams will fight an extra round to claim the 8th QF slot).

Maps and groups have been selected at random for most part, except for some teams that needed earlier scheduling.

Something still to do for us:

*We're currently working out the streamer schedule and will get back to that. Teams are able to reschedule all of their matches at will and can be coordinated with the assigned streamer (up to the involved teams to do so). We cannot guarantee that all matches will be streamed, but we'll try our best to accommodate it.

*Elimination schedule is mostly done and will follow soon. It's gonna be three weekends in August.

We can provide 2-4 servers on the match times but teams are free to fly the matches on their own servers as well.

• Like 1

64th Aggressor Squadron

• 5 weeks later...

I know FC3 are banned and this is full fidelity only, I would rather have full start ups in the modules to make things more interesting like INS alignment errors etc? Instead of hot starts this would make streaming more interesting and realistic.

Hey everyone

The tournament is approaching rapidly and we’re nearing the first matches. I want to clarify a few things.

We’ve now got several streamers on board that will live stream as many matches as possible. It’s recommended that you fly your match on the scheduled time in order for it to be streamed. Rescheduling is allowed, but should you decide to do that, it’s important to include the streamer in that process. The assigned streamer(s) for your match are listed in the streaming schedule on the ED post.

Try to find a new time that suits both teams and the assigned streamer. Should the streamer be unavailable on the new time, you must still inform him and the TACT admins. And remember, joining the **Gamemaster** slots during the fight is prohibited and grounds for disqualification if done. Those slots are solely meant for the streamers/TACT Admin to use. When shot down please disconnect. 

The elimination format and schedule has been posted to the ED thread: 

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/266077-tact-21-1-tactical-air-combat-tournament/?do=findComment&comment=4603072

Several of you have brought up questions regarding the rule “Known DCS bugs and exploits must not be used to gain an advantage”. However, that does not mean *everything else* is allowed. The reason for the vague rule is that we cannot know everything in advance and should a clear, unsportsmanlike behavior be detected, it is grounds for disqualification. These things can be hard to define exactly but most of us recognize severe and deliberate exploitation when we see it. 

**Due to the uneven modeling of ECM between modules, we’ve decided to prohibit the use of any ECM for TACT 21-1. Some modules are affected and some aren’t yet.**

**Use of 16 or 32 second memory in the F/A-18 attack radar is prohibited**

**Use of “target size - small” on the F-14 is prohibited**

**We highly discourage you from launching Aim-54s in active mode BEYOND 10 nm; ACM Switch up / PH-ACT / PSTT lock or PAL, as these launches have been prone to desync**

We recognize that there’s multiple accounts on the F-14 issues and realise that enforcing the above rules is difficult, especially with how fragile client tracks are. If there are instances of 54 desync it is likely you will forfeit that round.   

We can provide servers for the match times listed. I will set them up and make them available to the teams that want to use them. Feel free to use your own servers as well, if it suits you better. 

Edited by *Rage*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Tact 21-1 Day 1 starts in just over an hour from now.

64th vs oTp 1900z Streamed by LowBlow https://www.twitch.tv/lowblowttv

ETF vs Alamo 1900z  streamed by Tricker https://www.twitch.tv/tricky_tricker

Enjoy the show!

Edited by *Rage*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

On 3/19/2021 at 11:41 PM, X-man said:
  • Bullseye will be centered between the starting airfields. Surrounding bullseye, there will be an engagement bubble, 90 nm in diameter. AWACS will be available in each mission.
  • Each round is won if one of the two mission criterias is achieved. i) All of the opposing planes are destroyed ii) if a team has total air superiority in the bubble for 5 min. At least 1 aircraft must land after the mission criteria is reached.

Hi! 
I just want clarification, explanation and RULE IMPROVING:
- What is the point of bubble if someone can be outside (not enter at all) and engage?

- If "5 min" rule applies to the team then it must also apply to the individual. Pilot is 5 min out and must be treated as loss.

I asked X-Man before TACT is started for bigger bubble so we can have more room for tactical maneuvers and he said that bubble is big enough. If is big enough why 64th pilot need more room, ignoring bubble rule and engaging out of bubble? What do you mean with this: there will be an engagement bubble, 90 nm in diameter.???

Guys, this is a tournament and team can't be engaged from two different areas: Bubble that you cant leave and Free space where nobody can come to kill you (becasue can't leave bubble). Team in the bubble is limited and closed in bubble. Pilot out of bubble just enjoy, nobody can touch him and he say: "I will come later and kill you!". No you can't, you are 5 min out and you can't enter anymore, same as we cant leave it and reenter!

All teams/pilots must be in bubble in 5min after 1st pilot enter or bubble have no any sense.

EDIT:
Waiting and expecting official statement about this from 64th/TACT organizers.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

There's no inherent advantage in being outside the bubble. It just means one less pilot contributing to the bubble engagement. If a team decides it wants to be outnumbered in the bubble, that's on them. The team with the numbers advantage can just enjoy the ability to press harder against the outnumbered one.

Everyone is free to explore the bubble script as it's in the missions available in the first posts on the ED thread. This is the logic of the script as written in the lua:

Bubble script logic description:

-When plane enters the inner zone, a message is sent to the group to inform them entering the zone.

-When plane exits the inner zone the group will get warning about exiting battle area.

-When plane exits the outer zone, it is counted as being out of the battle area and a message is sent to the group.

-When plane re-enters the outer zone a warning is given about re-entering the battle area.

-When plane re-enters the inner zone it's blown up.

-When plane (inside the zone) speed reach below 5 m/s and altitude above ground less than 7 m, it will be exploded.

- When plane crashes the slot is reset so that it can enter the battle area again.

64th Aggressor Squadron

29 minutes ago, X-man said:

There's no inherent advantage in being outside the bubble...

There is big advantage being out bubble even is only one aircraft:
- He have more space
- He have more time
- He can achieve energy advantage
- He is free to engage at ANY time
- He can engage from any direction (even behind, he can go around)
- He is SAFE and IN BIG ADVANTAGE than pilot inside

I'm asking you again: What is the point of the bubble and why blow up if we chasing someone outside? We can also leave one pilot to control damn 5 min bubble but at the end all pilots that leave it will explode. What is the point?

Edited by Falcon_S

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

27 minutes ago, X-man said:

There's no inherent advantage in being outside the bubble. It just means one less pilot contributing to the bubble engagement. If a team decides it wants to be outnumbered in the bubble, that's on them. The team with the numbers advantage can just enjoy the ability to press harder against the outnumbered one.

There is an advantage. When the bandit outside of the bubble shoots at bandits inside the bubble, the bandits inside can't exit/re-enter the bubble. So they can't press the outside bandit. I know this tactic is easily countered, but it is still a very questionable tactic when working with a bubble system. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FullMetal_cooKie said:

... very questionable tactic when working with a bubble system. 

Of course... They know (64th as organizers) that they fail and now approaching to us as we are amoebas. 

• ED Team

These event threads are becoming more and more problematic, if you guys cannot resolve your issues in private and without breaking forum rules, these threads will be locked after the event info is posted and no discussion will be allow. Please do not continue on this thread unless you are submitting the required information for the event. thanks.

• Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

5 minutes ago, NineLine said:

These event threads are becoming more and more problematic, if you guys cannot resolve your issues in private and without breaking forum rules, these threads will be locked after the event info is posted and no discussion will be allow. Please do not continue on this thread unless you are submitting the required information for the event. thanks.

Seems you geting to old. 😄