THE ONLY REAL CASE I VIDEO for DCS, FACTS ONLY!

Whilst more and more videos appear online about operating on and around the carrier in DCS World, many consist of: 

- DCS workarounds or bad techniques,

- A mix of CQ and cyclic ops procedures,

- Low vis calls, and zip lip being confused,

- Case III calls implemented during case I operations,

- And most of all CNATRA P816 mixed with the CV-Natops.

Whilst I have dedicated last years furlough to write manuals on how real life Navy carrier procedures could be implemented in DCS and how cyclic ops actually works, often a video shows more then 1000 words. 

Don’t  judge me on my editing skills as that is all new to me, this video shows ONLY REAL LIFE procedures being used, and is as accurate to the realism as DCS currently allows it to be. If calls are not made in the video, then they aren’t made irl, unless interfering is done for safety reasons. The video is checked for credibility and will hopefully create a better understanding of cyclic ops. 

please leave me a bit of feedback, as that would be very much appreciated. 

This video will show a full case I cyclic ops recovery flown in DCS world with the F/A-18C Hornet breaking the deck. It is for educational purposes only and with the intent to show the dynamics of Naval flying on an aircraft carrier. 

For those who would like to know more about operating the F/A-18C hornet within DCS world according to real-life procedures, check out my manuals and leave a comment below. 

Aircraft Carrier Operating Procedures for DCS:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hShIyjq1Cf8MQSAcwk5k1IhSMdvqpUok/view?usp=sharing

Cyclic ops explained: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gCUyoDQ-DGGBCFEOvgpER9L1w7hc0TT5/view?usp=sharing

Have a look at this amazing channel for full immersion into the world of the Hornet and Naval Aviation!  Raw footage from a GoPro mounted on the pilot's head, as well as HUD tapes, provide fully immersive experiences of what it's like to be a real Hornet pilot.  As desired, no flashy editing or cheesy music to ruin the realism that you seek!  
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9up8Psjy3Sv6Wu1SZ6yGOw

For who is unfamiliar with: "wrapping the waist" check this out:

The Waist Catapults are unique as they have to be set up in order to properly recover aircraft. On Catapult #3, the JBD Safety, Weight Board Operator, and Holdback Operators are also in charge of "wrapping the waist", which consists of bolting metal "buttons" into the track to ensure the arresting gear wire does not fall into the track during recover. 

One of the better videos that played a huge part in the inspiration for this video:

For any questions please leave me Dam or a comment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

• 4 weeks later...

Do pilot sh**t

thanks a lot for creating this video and sharing a ton of info.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Only good stuff. Great info.

Thank you very much for your work and for sharing it. I appreciate a lot.

I´ll get into it as soon as possilbe after work.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.