Reconnaissance mode remaining bugs

Flappie

I've just checked former Reconnaissance mode bug reports one report after the other. Here's a summary of remaining bugs.

1/ RUTA waypoints show up as white "M#" on the destination indicator. They should be displayed as "R#" (play track 1).

Page 254 : "Press the corresponding square waypoint (B1-B9). Check the destination indicator (R1-R9)."

2/ Measured targets show up as yellow "M#" on the destination indicator. They should be displayed as red "M#" (play track 2).

Page 359: "A measured target is a simple position fix on a contact (indicated by a red M on the destination indicator)."

3/ Releasing the fix trigger from TV to T0 after a successful type II fix doesn't affect the datapanel display (it keeps showing bearing and speed of target). According to the manual, it should display longitude/latitude of the target instead (play track 3).

Page 368: When the fix trigger is released to T0 after a completed fix, the data indicator’s first 5 digits will alternate between the longitude and latitude [...]

4/ The RENSA button never works in SPA mode. The 0 button never works either. They should remove all or part of measured/tracked target fixes.

Page 369: "In mode SPA / MÅL (recce target measurement), the latest selected / measured target is
cleared on the first press of the button, the second will clear all the measured reconnaissance
targets [...] Individual targets can be cleared by entering 0 manually on
the desired target. [...] In mode SPA / SKU (recce target tracking), the first press of the button will clear the latest
tracking fix. The second press of the button will clear all the tracking fixes for the current
destination."

5/ Switching from NAV to SPA mode, the striped fuel needle does not change position.

Page 361: "In order to make reconnaissance easier, there is a special display mode in the Central Indicator
(CI) mode SPA. [...] Fuel requirement is between the current position to the primary landing base, based on to requirement need to return to base with current parameters along with the set fuel reserve."

1. AJS37 RUTA waypoints.trk 2. AJS37 Type I fix.trk 3. AJS37 Type II fix.trk

Edited by Flappie
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Flappie changed the title to Reconnaissance mode remaining bugs
On 5/13/2020 at 8:01 AM, JG300_Papaye said:

I find a solution for the color of the letters, I had modified the color in red in the font_ajs37.tga file in

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\resources\IndicationTextures.

0j70.png

I work for the U point and M point.

As you can see the second M is used for reconnaissance target the first is for system target.

I tried it on the S letter but the system use the same letter for t/o airfield LS and the tracking target S1, it use the 4th one. I dont understand why because there is 4 S letters.

I find also that the system use the second M instead of the R letter.

There is maybe a problem of coding in the font_ajs37.txt file.

I've post here but nobody answered...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

*Bump to try to get HB attention on this for "the final push out of EA"*

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 8 months later...

Thanks a lot HB for fixing the recon functions!

One thought though... In this video: https://youtu.be/sGJCFt3wK6c?t=726 you can see a SH 37 pilot using the memory mode in SPA to designate recon targets. It looks like he designates two targets (although we can't be certain) and that the target designator stays on the same position after designation, rather then resetting to the bottom center like in DCS.

Anybody that can shed light if the DCS implementation is correct or if it should be like what we allegedly see in the video? Maybe @MYSE1234 or @renhanxue knows?

Thanks! 

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

58 minutes ago, frosen said:

Thanks a lot HB for fixing the recon functions!

One thought though... In this video: https://youtu.be/sGJCFt3wK6c?t=726 you can see a SH 37 pilot using the memory mode in SPA to designate recon targets. It looks like he designates two targets (although we can't be certain) and that the target designator stays on the same position after designation, rather then resetting to the bottom center like in DCS.

Anybody that can shed light if the DCS implementation is correct or if it should be like what we allegedly see in the video? Maybe @MYSE1234 or @renhanxue knows?

Thanks! 

The circle currently behaves a bit weirdly (it's in the bug tracker), and should indeed stay over the target after a fix. It should be display there until either the pilot changes destination, or prepares a new fix

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

On 1/23/2022 at 9:07 AM, MYSE1234 said:

The circle currently behaves a bit weirdly (it's in the bug tracker), and should indeed stay over the target after a fix. It should be display there until either the pilot changes destination, or prepares a new fix

Is this in the bug tracker?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

11 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Is this in the bug tracker?

I thought it was, but looking now I can't see anything about it. I'll get right to it 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, MYSE1234 said:

I thought it was, but looking now I can't see anything about it. I'll get right to it 

I liked it better when the cursor started in the middle of the CI, rather than at the very bottom.  Do you know which is correct for starting a new fix?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Just now, Machalot said:

I liked it better when the cursor started in the middle of the CI, rather than at the very bottom.  Do you know which is correct for starting a new fix?

Can't remember off the top of my head.
Looking video it looks like it starts from the previous fix?! Might also be that the pilot did not release to T0. If that's even a thing I'm not sure. But looking at the video one of the two is probably true, I'd assume the latter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]