Switched from Steam to Standalone and new problem apeared

Eisprinzessin

Hi there!

I have both systems installed. WMR (Reverb G2) and Oculus (from my former Rift S but still used to play the in Oculus store purchased games via revibe).

Now when i start DCS both system are opened. Steam VR (which is fine) AND Oculus (which is not needed). Is there any possibility to stop DCS opening Oculus-software (it is not needed at all). Maybe tweaking some lua files?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

You can also manually stop the Oculus service from running, in Windows services tab,  then it won't run unless you launch Oculus Home. In fact just by stopping Oculus Home from auto launching you still have Oculus services running in the background so I would suggest setting them to manual in services tab as I did so they don't want until you decide for them to.

That is what I did with mine, and really now that I have not even used the Rift S since getting my Reverb G2 I will likely uninstall the Oculus software before too much longer. I was keeping it mainly for Asgard's Wrath but really I am so involved now with my flight simming I doubt I will ever get back to it anyway. Will likely play more Medal of Honor and Half Life Alyx before I do Asgard's anyway.

All my time now though has been in learning and finally campaign flying the Hornet with my Reverb G2.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you did not set the Ocuclus services to manual in the Windows services, they still run in the background, even with the launcher app.

The app just doesn't load the main Oculus software.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Youre right. Just checked. Why ever when i checked first the services where not there. Now i switched to manual. I think about deinstlaling, too, but want to finish Lone echo first....but yes, time for Computergames is rare as an Harrier-Pilot 🙂

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

Side Note: I'm still on Lone Echo too, a bit stuck atm. When i'm out the station, Olivia calls "come over here and help me with..." (no clue what she's thinking.... LOL) but when i get there, she looks at me with a "what are you doing here" face so... conversation does not solve anything so i go out again and then the loop starts over...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!