When will it be released? I have been waiting for a long time

huchanronaa

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Pre-order is 30% discount

sorry you feel that way, we feel the work that goes into our modules the price is good value. 

Pre-order will be 30% 

early access will be 20%

I see what you did there.

So there will now be a Pre-order period and we get a 30% discount? instead of the 20% discount if it were to have been released straight into EA without a Pre-order period, which I guess was the original plan prior to the delay?

I do agree with what you say about the work invested in the modules V's the price. I personally think the current pricing of the warbirds is about right. The Spitfire is worth every penny I paid for her.

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Pre-order will last until early access starts, planned for sometime in late Q2 2021

Are there any plans to use this extra 3 months development time to further flesh out the module and include some features that were planned to be added following the early access release, such as the rockets armament or the T1154 Radio units? or is it just the external model that will be re-worked during this time?

Thanks.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

10 hours ago, felixx75 said:

So you DO buy EA products. The F-18 will enter the release with 2.7 (a short time after 2.7)
btw.:

I have watched this video and that's why I have specifically mentiloned my Hornet. It exists on Win7 machine, support for which could be dropped with any patch now. It may happen that this patch will never reach my Hornet (for technical reasons independent of me), which I bought long before this announcement took place, considering ED policy about content for past versions of the game. And it is a very important part of the reasoning for not touching EA, ever. Live and learn. 

Edited by Черный Дракул
  • Like 1

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

19 hours ago, Черный Дракул said:

This is just plain wrong. You do understand the flight modelling for player-controlled aircraft in both games is done by the same principle and designed by the same person, right? 

Oh sorry dear guru, my mistake and I humble before your masterful knowledge. So they are using exactly the same level of detail in both sims eh ?

Mizzy

23 hours ago, Art-J said:

Seems we went badly off topic, but I'd like to give my opinion as well anyway.

You are correct of course when we consider flight modelling and systems modelling of the aircraft... However, when one's looking at pretty much all the rest (especially at combat part of the air, ground and naval warfare simulation), the situation is exactly reversed, for the time being at least, and it's ED, that has A LOT of catching up and holes filling to do.

That also means that whether BN and the rest of the team wants / admits it or not, the other sim DOES compete with DCS in this particular field and pulls some of the customer's money away from DCS. No amount of cast spelling and turning the blind eye on it will stop it, especially in these crazy times we live in recently, when more and more gaming enthusiasts have to think twice before shelling out the cash on their next purchase.

And that's coming form a guy who spends much more time flying DCS warbirds than the other sim warbirds. Just flying around, though (still extremely rewarding and fun for me), because it's unfortunately the only thing the DCS does much better in its current shape. One can only hope it will catch up in other aspects as well, sooner rather than later.

A really great view and perspective..

• Like 1

Win7 won't be the way to go for gaming.

It works with DCS now. It plays many other games as well, like it did for many years. And I don't risk losing all my data (including non-gaming one) to some mandatory update I didn't even need. 

you can't really blame ED for your system.

I don't blame ED for my system. I blame their EA program for taking too long to deliver and their content policy that is "all or nothing". I doubt Win8/10 has anything that's cruicial to F/A-18 autopilot. 

2 hours ago, Mizzy said:

So they are using exactly the same level of detail in both sims eh ?

Exactly. What's more, the exact same man which started the whole AFM thing with its Su-25T implementation (which is supposed to be intact from these days) makes FM for them for quite some time now. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, felixx75 said:

So maybe you should teach ED how to build a new model the right way...

One day, perhaps. But as of now, I teach huchanronaa to stay as far away from Early Access as possible, since complications and troubles are many, while benefits are few.

Edited by Черный Дракул

1 hour ago, Черный Дракул said:

Exactly. What's more, the exact same man which started the whole AFM thing with its Su-25T implementation (which is supposed to be intact from these days) makes FM for them for quite some time now. 

And who is he ? Is it YoYo ? And are they exactly the same fidelity as DCS? Lastly, why do you hate Electronic Arts so much, I like their games... well some of them 🙂

Mizzy

• Like 1

Delays are fine, but isn't the external model kinda the least important thing there is for a genuine early access program?

Couple that with having pre-orders for early access - something that frankly I don't think I've ever seen before, all titles tend to be either early access or pre-orders to a full release, never both - and it just leaves a hint of early access being treated the same exact way as a full release would be even when it's far from it.

Edited by Sephyrius
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, Черный Дракул said:

I teach huchanronaa to stay as far away from Early Access as possible, since complications and troubles are many, while benefits are few.

Who asked you to 'teach' anyone? It's not your place to impose your opinions on anyone about Early Access. Keep your opinions to yourself, people will either heed your opinion or they won't but leave the 'teaching' bit out and stop spreading misinformation. You are entitled to your opinion and speculation and that's all, just remember this !

Mizzy  

17 hours ago, probad said:

this thread: acting like you can afford to walk away doesn't work so well when you're the one making demands lmao

Correct 😎

Edited by Mizzy
A little bit harsh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Who asked you to 'teach' anyone?

, as quoted.

5 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Shut your mouth

Now this is definitely uncalled for. 

Besides, I'm pretty sure huchanronaa can answer for himself, should he please so. 

5 hours ago, Mizzy said:

You are entitled to your opinion and speculation

I have told my story and provided some well-known facts to the discussion. There's no speculation on my part in this thread. 

12 hours ago, Sephyrius said:

Delays are fine, but isn't the external model kinda the least important thing there is for a genuine early access program?

Think about how much anger ED created when the F-16 early access didn't have external lights. The screaming "first no external lights, now an unfinished external model! It's getting worse!!" would be intense.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sephyrius said:

Couple that with having pre-orders for early access - something that frankly I don't think I've ever seen before, all titles tend to be either early access or pre-orders to a full release, never both - and it just leaves a hint of early access being treated the same exact way as a full release would be even when it's far from it.

In a technical sense, yes. But it's also the most visual part of the model and the first thing that a huge amount of people will complain about. Look at the wrong roundels on the Spitfire... If they're aware of the issue, it makes sense to fix it before release.

• Like 1

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Now that you recalled the roundels, the ones on the WIP shots of Mossie are wrong as well (and it was noticed years ago when the very first shots were published). I wonder if they're going to fix them now :D.

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

9 hours ago, Черный Дракул said:

I have told my story and provided some well-known facts to the discussion. There's no speculation on my part in this thread. 

Precisely, it's YOUR story and if you are not an employee of the said Company's, it is pure speculation as to how they go about their business. If you don't like EA products, fine but don't tell everybody else they should avoid them, not your place to do so. In short, don't tell me or other people what they should or shouldn't do on this forum, that is the job of the moderators.

Good day

A very aggrieved Mizzy !

Btw I have edited out the part I should not have said.

Edited by Mizzy
  • Like 1

Put it this way, if they would of released it and it needed work then people would be mad.

If they release it later then people will also be mad about that too as its schedule.  

I would say that them taking the time, effort and resources to refine the module is a good thing as it means that we get a more complete one in the long run. plus who knows, maybe we get the rockets and radios on release too 🙂

Besides with how many modules have been released as incomplete regardless of if its pre ordered or on release then this can only be a good thing. perhaps more people will be happier and will trust their future releases. 

I for one love the ww2 stuff and cant wait to see how many people crash the mossie on take off from torque 😛 and seeing how the damage model will look will be interesting as well. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:49 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Pre-order is 30% discount

sorry you feel that way, we feel the work that goes into our modules the price is good value. 

Pre-order will be 30% 

early access will be 20%

once released it will feature in sales after about a year or two. 

A polite reminder that we also have rules on the forum about discussing other sims. 

thank you

I like your optimism 🙂

Q2 is until the end of June, when we know for sure we will give a better date and feature it in a news letter. thank you

Hi there, while it’s fair to say I’m disappointed to hear the Mosquito has been delayed, may I say a huge thanks to yourself and the team, for being brave enough to hold up your hands, and admit there’s an issue, and delay the release so it can be fixed prior to the release.   It’s great to hear that you guys are doing this amazing aircraft justice.

I was also wondering that as it has been delayed and now pushed back till after the Hind release, are we now likely to see a pre order become available.   I know when this was mentioned after the hind went on pre order, you guys stated that there wasn’t enough time for that and it would go straight to early access as it was almost here.   That obviously is now no longer the case.

As the Hind has gotten pre order, and that is now scheduled to be released prior to the Mossie, according to the blog a few days ago I believe, would you guys consider letting us give you our money to pre order this amazing bird.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Cowboy10uk said:

Hi there, while it’s fair to say I’m disappointed to hear the Mosquito has been delayed, may I say a huge thanks to yourself and the team, for being brave enough to hold up your hands, and admit there’s an issue, and delay the release so it can be fixed prior to the release.   It’s great to hear that you guys are doing this amazing aircraft justice.

I was also wondering that as it has been delayed and now pushed back till after the Hind release, are we now likely to see a pre order become available.   I know when this was mentioned after the hind went on pre order, you guys stated that there wasn’t enough time for that and it would go straight to early access as it was almost here.   That obviously is now no longer the case.

As the Hind has gotten pre order, and that is now scheduled to be released prior to the Mossie, according to the blog a few days ago I believe, would you guys consider letting us give you our money to pre order this amazing bird.

Hi Cowboy10uk,

thanks for the kind words. 

This is still to be determined, we may go straight to early access for the mossie and skip pre-order, as soon as we know for sure we will let you all know.

thanks  

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi Cowboy10uk,

thanks for the kind words. 

This is still to be determined, we may go straight to early access for the mossie and skip pre-order, as soon as we know for sure we will let you all know.

thanks  

Thanks for getting back so quickly.  In that case I will follow closely and hope for a decision to be made soon.    I have money for 2 Mossie burning a hole in my pocket.     Promised my bro one for Christmas.  😂😂

But if you guys do go down the pre order route rather than early access, I can promise you I’ll be sending you my money within seconds of it going live. 

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

11 hours ago, Mizzy said:

If you don't like EA products, fine but don't tell everybody else they should avoid them, not your place to do so.

Well, I disagree: based on the history of the matter, that's my place exactly. You can listen to me or ignore my warnings, but saying one should listen in such matters to company employees instead of end-users is reversing the whole feedback or even discussion logic: its whole point is information is better when provided by neutral or recipient parties, not an interested party. 

11 hours ago, Mizzy said:

In short, don't tell me or other people what they should or shouldn't do on this forum

I'm sorry? By all accounts it looks like it's you telling me what I shouldn't do here. Based on my sarcastic reply to another member's sarcasm, invoking the third member (topic starter, which still isn't you). And I'm pretty sure they can easily respond to that, should they wish to do that -- as far as I know, neither requested some public protection or anything like that. 

As for the EA model, it is an invention of small indie studios pre-releasing their first product, aimed to secure some funds they are short of ahead of time to prolong the development period and get better quality control they could not afford otherwise.  It does not increase income, it shifts some part of it to before the official release happens while decreasing it (which is still better than bancrupcy or releasing a half-baked game and failing). And that is the only correct application of this business model. If used otherwise (not an indie company, not the first product, etc), it's the best practice to stay away. Simple as that. By buying a module on release one, first, supports ED by providing it with more income, and, second, stimulates ED to finish their modules. Third, one gets a feature-full module that works in the environments and conditions specified. Everybody wins. 

Edited by Черный Дракул
  • Like 1