When will it be released? I have been waiting for a long time

huchanronaa

15 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

It's seem miserable!! The external model is redone, everything is over, the release date is far away
It seems that someone within ED must be punished or deducted for this

there has been no word that the external model redo has been completed, projects take time and patience so if you can't accept that don't post something stating that ED should be "punished"

On 6/20/2021 at 7:51 AM, huchanronaa said:

It's seem miserable!! The external model is redone, everything is over, the release date is far away
It seems that someone within ED must be punished or deducted for this

Yes, it's frustrating. But, it's so much better to fix this stuff now than after release... With a new external 3D model, all the LODS will need to be remade (usually 3 or 5), the various states of damage will need to be remade (Again, usually 3 - 5 different states), the collision model might need to be remade and then all the textures will need to be re-done. 

There's no guarantee that all this had been completed for the previous model, so pulling the plug early and starting from scratch saves all that duplicated time. 

The other thing is, any user made skins would all be for nothing if the 3D model was replaced. Yes, the delay is unfortunate, but it's the right call. 

We should be applauding ED for having the guts to delay a release until the product is right, rather than releasing a sub-par 3D model just to get the cash rolling in. I sincerely hope they maintain this attitude for future releases 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

42 minutes ago, Cibit said:

Ready for release, I have my mug

IMG_20210621_112003.jpg

DEAR LORD - IT IS RIGHT ON THE EDGE OF THE TABLE!

Save it!  Save it! 😱

• Like 4

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Whilst I wait, I bought a hat.

IMG_2254.JPG

• Like 2

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

I was sure they would give us an update today... They never release modules close together so I guess we will have to wait well into Q3, but they could still give us some updates... ridiculous. 

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

By the look of those recent F4U un-textured cockpit screenies, that seems unlikely. 

1 hour ago, -Rudel- said:

Our programmers only need basic shapes of the cockpit, switches, gauges, etc.   With those in place, artists can work on the model/textures without interfering with programming.  Basically,  artist are playing catch up to the programmers. ))

The F4U cockpit is actually textured.  If users follow our updates, they will see night pictures with lights.  As the lead artist, it's my decision not to show them fully until I deem them suitable for content creators.

The summer update is to showcase some of the missing details and corrections.

unknown.png

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

• ED Team

Hi all,

when we are ready to share news we will, work is going well and things are moving along, it will be worth the wait. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

when we are ready to share news we will, work is going well and things are moving along, it will be worth the wait. 

thanks

Thank you, sir.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

thanks

Hi @BIGNEWY,

I know we sometimes nag, but this is because we are biting our nails. You see, some of us… well at least one of us, has quit other games and picked up DCS just because the Mossie was announced. In the mean time we bought other modules, terrains and assets, that we do enjoy, but the main attraction is still the Mosquito module.

Throw us a bone while we wait from one Friday news post to the next. Something to scratch the itch a little - we know so little about this module that is supposedly near EA state.

- does it have navigator AI like Petrovic or Jester?

- with multicrew, what can the navigator operate? Does he have navigation aids, like maps, rullers, or is he supposed to navigate on F10?

- Does the HF radio do anything?

- is Gee modeled? If so, how does it operate in the sim?

- is it modeled with Merlin 25s?

- how do we operate the dual engines throttles (can they be operated with one throttle axis?

- can we fire Very flares?

- what weapons are planned? 60 lbs, 25 lbs rockets? Underwing rails or the 2x2 tree?

- cannons ammo load? 150, 180, 220 RPG?

So many things that the devs can throw our way to prepare us and to build the hype.

Edited by Bozon
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

Good post Bozon.

Let's hope ED see it and give us a little something to hope for. Q3 starts next Thursday, it's been a long wait...

• Like 3

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Hi @BIGNEWY,

Is it possible to release the Mosquito first with the old outdoor model and later replace it with the new outdoor model during an update in Q3?

I personally wouldn't mind flying a slightly imperfect model temporarily until it's replaced.

The advantage is that we can enjoy the beautiful inside earlier.

Best regards, Grippen7

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi @Grippen7 we are getting closer now, and the teams work on the new external model is going well, we will share more information soon, we know everyone is keen to get some. 

thanks 

bignewy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 6/26/2021 at 4:46 PM, Bozon said:

- what weapons are planned? 60 lbs, 25 lbs rockets? Underwing rails or the 2x2 tree?

ED has added some patch ago some english and USAF WW2 bombs and rockets.

- 60Lb F NoI MkI HE Rocket

- 60Lb SAP No2 MkI Rocket

- 250Lb GP MkIV Bomb

- 250Lb GP MkV Bomb

- 250Lb MC MkI Bomb

- 250Lb MC MkII Bomb

- 250Lb SAB Bomb

- 500Lb GP MkIV Bomb

- 500Lb GP MkV Bomb

- 500Lb GP ST Type Bomb

- 500Lb MC MkII Bomb

- 500Lb MC Short Tailed Type Bomb

- 500Lb SAP Bomb

- Short 25Lb AP MkI Rocket

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi @Grippen7 we are getting closer now, and the teams work on the new external model is going well, we will share more information soon, we know everyone is keen to get some. 

thanks 

bignewy

Hi Bignewy,
THANKS FOR THE INFO AND UPDATE, IT WAS JUST AN IDEA FROM ME. :-)

Best regards, Grippen7

• Like 1

Just now, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has added some patch ago some english and USAF WW2 bombs and rockets.

So 60lbs and 25 lbs rockets. Awesome!

I wonder if DCS models ships underwater, and if so can the 25 lbs rockets deliver hits below the water line.

- 500Lb MC Short Tailed Type Bomb

I suppose that one if for the mossie 🙂

• Like 1

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

It's encouraging to hear that "the team's work on the new external model is going well", but I think that E.D.'s sudden and poorly explained suspension / delay of the Mosquito project has created a lot of doubt and disappointment among loyal followers. If this mod. is truly going to happen, please give us regular, frequent and substantive updates on it's progress in the weekly news. 

Notwithstanding announcement of the F4U, one can be forgiven for believing there is some kind of bias against, or at least reluctance towards, E.D's WWII mods. These probably don't generate the same profits as the modern computerised wonders such as the Hornet, Viper, A-10C etc. but (in addition to younger fans) they do  attract an older simmer demographic, which perhaps lends DCS a wider appeal than other combat sims.  For me (aged 76) WWII aircraft (particularly the twins) are fascinating and challenging to fly. Your own skills and reflexes replace the on-board computers. 

While I enjoy flying my Hornet and A-10C II, I often find myself in 1944 Normandy strafing Axis road convoys or dogfighting 

E.D. Please bite the bullet and give us the Mosquito this year.   

Regards to all. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

Indeed. If the 3D model progress is going so well, why are there no screenshots of it in newsletters? Or on the main page screenshots "in development" section?

I don’t want to put pressure on the devs - this is our one chance to get a high fidelity Mosquito sim. I have been waiting decades (quite literally) for this, and I will not get another like this for probably at least a decade more.

This is better done well, even if it means delays.

That doesn’t mean that some things that are finished cannot be shown to the customers that are eager to throw their $$ at this module. Usually before EA we get to see some tutorial vids: Start up procedure, about the weapons, navigation, etc. like was done recently with the Mi-24. We have not seen any like this for the Mosquito.

• Like 4

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

1 hour ago, Bozon said:

Usually before EA we get to see some tutorial vids: Start up procedure, about the weapons, navigation, etc. like was done recently with the Mi-24. We have not seen any like this for the Mosquito.

This does not apply to the warbirds, with two exceptions of course. 

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 2

Agree, I don't want to pressure them either as I would like a really high fidelity module, but any information on the Mosquito, be it a quick update, a screenshot or what ever would be really appreciated right now.

Here we are in Q3 now, and no info on it at all since the delay announcement back in March, and even that seemed to come from other sources, Facebook or Twitter/Discord I can't remember which now, before a post was made here on the "official forums". Odd how the Hind fan base was drip fed info since second half of last year to keep them updated, but we Mossie fans have yet to see anything substantial at all.

Too quiet may not be a good sign.....

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.