Winwing Orion Desktop F/A-18C HOTAS

rapid

I have to say it is looking pretty good and definitely will give the Thrustmaster WH a run for it's money.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Have my Warthog since they first came out. Long in the tooth like me and ready to replace.

However, I have enough sticks. Just want the Throttle.

Better happen soon as I will have to focus elsewhere - not to mention always being out of stock.

Good stuff but ready to give up.

Yes the throttle looks like a nice piece.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

2 hours ago, Sarge_DL said:

What are the chances you could put an extension on the Orion stick?

It says on the website that extensions are not recommended for the Orion.

Also the throttle looks nice and I was considering it until I saw in a video that the afterburner detents are not removable? I fly a lot of planes with no AB so this may be a deal breaker for me.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

The base is built to the same high quality as Libra so not as robust. 

I did see a prototype video of the F-16 Throttle. Looks like a great concept.

So will the Orion eventually replace the Super Taurus throttle? I have to admit to being a bit intrigued by Winwing even though I have a modded Warthog throttle base and I could fit the Super Taurus to my aluminium extrusion cockpit quite easily. I saw they have planned F-16 and helicopter collective throttle arms for the Orion, I'm guessing the fixing is the same on the Super Taurus throttle but what about that side plate for the F-16 throttle?

1 hour ago, Revvin said:

So will the Orion eventually replace the Super Taurus throttle? I have to admit to being a bit intrigued by Winwing even though I have a modded Warthog throttle base and I could fit the Super Taurus to my aluminium extrusion cockpit quite easily. I saw they have planned F-16 and helicopter collective throttle arms for the Orion, I'm guessing the fixing is the same on the Super Taurus throttle but what about that side plate for the F-16 throttle?

I doubt it as the Orion is mainly  meant for desk top use although you can place it where you wish.

I was talking to Winwing about an issue I was having with the panels and I slipped in a question about the F16 grip and they told me they’re still not sure if they’re going to release it as a kit or if they’re going to make a whole new full version of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josh3945 said:

I was talking to Winwing about an issue I was having with the panels and I slipped in a question about the F16 grip and they told me they’re still not sure if they’re going to release it as a kit or if they’re going to make a whole new full version of it. 

Interesting info.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Josh3945 said:

Well that put a hold on my purchase!

If they can pull it off it will be a great concept.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:55 AM, rapid said:

Interesting info.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, Josh3945 said:

Just read on Discord from WW that this information is entirely false. Repeat FALSE!

• Thanks 1

Roger that!

On 4/6/2021 at 4:33 AM, Catseye said:

I'm thankful for sure. Wanting to go for the Orion because the footprint will fit my TM throttle exactly.

Cheers

So do I. Thanks for sharing all the info. The throttle looks very promising. Can´t wait for the stand alone product.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I'd like to hear more about WinWings plans for the additional throttle handles. Will they be sold as an add-on kit? will they work on both the Orion and Super Taurus? 

I'm currently running a HOTAS Warthog and have a HOTAS Cougar throttle converted to USB but the Cougar used to be very unreliable and I'm resigned to it failing at some point. Virpil have a nice line up but the draw for me with WinWing is the replica throttle layout. I'm using a Sim Labs P1-X cockpit so have the ability to easily mount either the Super Taurus with some additional brackets or just mount the Orion on the plate I currently have the Warthog throttle unit on. I like the idea of having the finger lifts which as only on the Super Taurus and I may be wrong but the throttle throw seems longer on the Super Taurus over the Orion (maybe someone who has used both could answer this?) but I also like the idea of swapping throttle handles so if they are only planned for the Orion then maybe that's the way to go? 

I just got my Orion setup in. I ordered it because nothing else was in stock. The WH is now selling for about $800 when you can find one.  I must say I am happy with my purchase. The springs on the stick are a bit stiffer than I would like but the smoothness and added fidelity is very welcome. Coming from a Saitek X56 HOTAS and this thing is waaaay better and much more precise.  And it only took a week to get here from China.  I live in Alabama. The bases got here on Monday and the throttle handle arrived today.  I had an F18 handle I borrowed from my buddy to set it up. My F18 joystick handle will be here tomorrow.  I ordered the extension today, it says it is not for the Orion, but I watched a video of a guy putting it on his Orion. I will add the extension and move it to a center mount and the springs should be how I like them.  I will update when I get the extension in.

Anyone made a proper comparison between the WartHog Base and the Orion Base?

Must be from someone who has had both.

i have both. the orion beats the thrustmaster in almost everything, even though I am not a fan of the Orion IDLE/cutoff detent. Too easy to pass it by mistake.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5