FLI 37 & SI error

Otulf

Hello!

After flying a while 12-45 minutes,  and doing some low flying, rolls, hard turns and such, the FLI 37 and horizon line on the SI (HUD) starts to tilt/lean to the right..? One can see that the backup horizon is straight. It is only the FLI 37 and SI (HUD) that "missbehaves"...

I have attched two pictures of this. One picture is taken in the air and one after landing, standing on the runway.

(Sometimes it is worse than on these pictures).

This also occurs when I fly on the Syria map.

I really don´t know what I am doing wrong!?

This occured for the first time about two months ago. It doesn´t matter if there is wind added to the mission or no winds at all...

I have had the Viggen module since the release date and it is by far the module I use most of my time in DCS. (90-95%)

I only play as Single Player.

I find this quite annoying! Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

I would be most grateful for tips/hints to fix this or prevent this to happen.

Best regards:

Otulf

My System Specs:

Win 10 64-bit Home edition, Intel i5-8400 Coffee lake 2,8GHz, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3TB HDD, TM Warthog HOTAS System, Saitek Combat rudder pedals.

Screen_210322_184431.png

Screen_210322_184335.png

I agree, I've also had this happen a fair bit since the last patch, where they changed the gyros in some way. Sometimes it happens just after a few minutes of flying which is silly.
I have had the FPV be above the horizon while flying straight in HÖJD autopilot multiple times.
I'm not sure what causes it to happen, but it's very annoying. You also get nav drift quicker now too, thanks to the new gyros.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Just had this happen again,I flew through my wingman's wake turbulence that shook the aircraft quite violently. It was about 0,5° above the horizon and 2-3° tilted to the right after the event.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I also got this situation with the SI/HUD leaning/tilting. But in hindsight I didn't follow the instructions on how you actually should fly this aircraft. Taken from the official flight manual, it says that more than one roll at a time is not permitted and that you should avoid using rudder during quick roll.

When I got this problem I had made multiples rolls at a time (with and without rudder).

I don't know if this is the actual cause (and if HB actually have modeled it that way or if it's by coincidence) but at least it's officially stated that one shouldn't fly the airplane like I did when I experienced this problem.

image_2021-03-28_112315.png

• Thanks 2

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 5 weeks later...

Hello! 

Thank you frosen!

I still have the same problem in DCS 2.7... I happens in random even without hard turns and rolls?

It sometimes start to tilt just after takeoff.

The standby ADI works without problem and It is only the FLI 37 and SI (HUD) that "tilts" from time to time...

Best regards

Otulf

My System Specs:

Win 10 64-bit Home edition, Intel i5-8400 Coffee lake 2,8GHz, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3TB HDD, TM Warthog HOTAS System, Saitek Combat rudder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

The problem still remains in DCS 2.7... 

EVERY mission this happens! (See attached screenshot from 2021-05-09 20.00, Stockholm Time)

It is both the SI and the FLI 37 that malfunctions. 

Would be most grateful for a fix in the near future.🙂

Best regards: Otulf

My System Specs:

Win 10 64-bit Home edition, Intel i5-8400 Coffee lake 2,8GHz, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3TB HDD, TM Warthog HOTAS System, Saitek Combat rudder pedals.Screen_210509_200236.png