Dedicated server dropping clients. Help please!

Hi all,

I am running a dedicated server hard wired to my broadband router. I am having trouble with the server dropping clients. It can sometimes run for hours no problem and other times it will drop clients 3 times in an hour. It drops all clients at the same time with the exception of a client (me) who is running DCS on a machine on the same subnet (i.e. not wired throught the internet). I have had my ISP do line tests and monitors, I have had an engineer out to check the line, I have swapped my modem out for a new one but always the same dropouts. I am running 'ping for life' on a laptop hard wired to the same broadband connection and I can get DCS dropping clients without registering dropped packes on 'ping for life'. I have Norton 360 running on the server but disable autoprotect and smart firewall before running the server.

Any help with rectifying this would be much appreciated, I am pretty much done with running the server now due to it's unreliability.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am running into similar problems. On my setup i have a dedicated server machine in the same network as i am.
We fly cooperative missions on that machine every week (in a bigger scale) and in smaller scale now and then.
Sometimes (especially last Tuesday) i had the issue that several clients were dropped out of the server - out of nothing and all at the same time.
Sometimes i am dropped - and the rest of the gang remains on the server as nothing happend .... 

Any ideas?
Nothing in the logs so far 😕

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png