MiG-21 bis Cockpit Text Blacked Out?

braedenLS
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Recently completely reinstalled DCS on a new drive and I now have no cockpit text in the MiG-21, I have tried changing the cockpit from Russian to English - Metric but no luck. Also tried the MiG 21 cockpit color mod to see if the text would show but no such luck. I have also tried messing with the graphics settings to see if it was maybe a lighting issue but nothing there either. When I turn up the text back lighting knob its just a red bloom over the black texture. Am I missing a setting that changes this or am I missing something else?DCS 2021-03-21 03-14-25.png

• Solution

Since only the label texts are affected, looks like you have a customized cockpit installed that is not compatible with the current version of DCS. Delete the custom cockpits that you have at \Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\ and if you have modified files on the /Program files/Eagle dynamics/ path, then do also a DCS_Updater Repair.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 3/23/2021 at 4:14 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Since only the label texts are affected, looks like you have a customized cockpit installed that is not compatible with the current version of DCS. Delete the custom cockpits that you have at \Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\ and if you have modified files on the /Program files/Eagle dynamics/ path, then do also a DCS_Updater Repair.

Ended up using DCS Updater to clean and then repair my DCS. Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1