Chances of a new DCS website?

Hey,

I'm currently looking at creating a new DCS (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/) website for fun in the next coming months before the final launch of DCS to consumers. Mainly because the current one is outdated in terms of design and functionality.

I was just wondering if the website is good enough is there much of a chance the owners will be able to use it for the main site? All will be done of free and its more of a hobby / contribution for DCS.

I've tried emailing the developers on the site but the email looks to be dead.

thanks

(pm me if you'd like to see some of my work)

Outdated? It's functional, yes, but outdated only in the meaning of "no recent news posted"

I guess this is your website is : http://www.stealthtemplates.com ?

I'm working in the business, too, so I can say these are some very ambitious and very good ideas, but the overall look doesn't meet the high standards you put in some of the aspects. Readability could be improved and looking at your longhorn-"mod", you can do a lot better than using these oldfashioned 3D-Pipe-Background buttons and light-purple text on grey-brown background (big NOGO except for World Of Warcraft-Fansites). :D

Usually when making such an offer, designers post a ready design to show the customer what they can expect from the new page. Why don't you post a few suggestions and the community can vote. Maybe you'll get the job? :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Nah stealthtemplates is my older company I used a few years ago. I know it has terrible design and havnt really done anything for ages. (please dont judge me based on that ;) ) I'm currently 18 years old now.

This is the type of work im doing now:

http://www.stealthtemplates.com/gamersportal/

(note: its only the front page)

I'd show a few more websites im working on now but the owners won't allow me until the website is finished published. If I took the time and effort I believe I could really give the DCS website that extra touch.

DCS may be mostly user-friendly but it still lacks a modern based design that would reflect the great product that they are releasing.

I think the current website is just right for people who know the game already. To attract people who don't know it yet I think it needs an update. But I guess its much more a question of the content than just a question of design.

BTW your website states that DCS:BS will be released December 2008? How do you know, did I miss something?

I think the current DCS website is fine. It is easy to use, the colours are not too dark or vivid, and it is much wider horizontally than the ones you have shown us. Oh, and there is already the BS Wiki project, which should become a nice repository for information in the future.

BTW your website states that DCS:BS will be released December 2008? How do you know, did I miss something?

You`re missed nothing. December is just a guess, because it`s the last month for a release this year.:smilewink:

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Im with you on this one. He is making asuptions to the releas date. and the read more like does not work. I want facts not a guess. besides we will know about when releas is comming the day they releas the PDF manual. That will be the day we know the game has gon into reproduction. and will be only weaks away from full releas.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

They gave you a cookie and now you demanding for a milk. Not many seniors here wanna an update after been waiting for 3+ years, DCS guys have plenty of things to do to make the release happen in 2008, so how about we let them finish the giant task they've started without demanding for a milk. They (DCS) gives us more time than we deserve. I say, we leave them alone and let them finish what we are all waiting for! ;)

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if he wants to put out a DCS fan site, let him. and if it's all that then ppl will go to it! if it sux monkeyballs then ppl wont....

No reason to touch the site we have now.. i only pop in on the forum anywhay!

my 3 dolla's and 35 cents

• Like 1

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

if he wants to put out a DCS fan site, let him. and if it's all that then ppl will go to it! if it sux monkeyballs then ppl wont....

No reason to touch the site we have now.. i only pop in on the forum anywhay!

my 3 dolla's and 35 cents

Yes dad :D

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm less concern about the display, then the integrity of the database. It looks just fine for me.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

So I'm offering to create a website free of charge for DCS and now all the members are flaming and criticizing me? :\

As I've already stated, its only the front page, nothing more. The December release date was just a wild guess I dont know why you would be quoting me on that... Its not an actual real gaming website rather more of a "template"

No I will not be starting a fan site, there are too many fan sites these days to even compete properly.

If you check out many sites related to gaming you will see what I mean when I say its outdated. As suggested I could see what I can do with the stylesheet, but I'm not sure if ill be able to properly create a new layout due to the table based design.

But whatever, screw it. If all im trying to do is help and im getting flamed at its not worth it...

• Like 1

I don't see any flames. People mostly expressed their opinion that the current website is 'good enough'.

I'm not speaking officially either, but I would guess that ED prefers to utilize their own, in-house website design to minimize complications. As it is, there are occasional problems with web servers, file downloads and the need to support both the English and Russian communities. To rely on externally developed website content will probably only add an unnecessary complication.

Thanks for thinking of us. Perhaps something might be worked out later.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Not flaming, just my honest opinion.

No I will not be starting a fan site, there are too many fan sites these days to even compete properly.

If you can't make a competitive fan site, how would you be able to make the official one? Maybe you could start with that and if ED reeaaly like your work, maybe they'll be interested.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys not sure if anyone remembers me but I'm up for making some designs for DCS just for the kicks.

If anyone can supply me with the DCS font I'll give it a royal go through today and post something up.

If you guys don't remember me, check out my deviantart website:

wankey.deviantart.com

Who needs sigs? haha.

If your serious ill take you up on the offer. I dont have the software to make a good one.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Personally, I find it hard to imagine any website better than the DCS one. It is relatively simple, crisp, easy to navigate, easily loads on a 56k modem, has a gentle colour scheme and still manages to integrate a system for file distribution and purchases.

So, honour and glory to the designer of the original DCS website for certain (not that I have anything against stealthtemplates designs, or his nice offer to ED, its just I also really like the current DCS website and I'd never realised how much I like it).