F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 20 December 2023

Minsky

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 10 June 2022

Hey guys.

Just uploaded a major update. Changelog and links are in the first post, as usual.

Highlights:

* CASE pages: ACL approaches added. Based on NATOPS and SME's input.

* Ordnance page: redone completely.

* HAFU page: rebuilt from scratch.

And dozens of smaller tweaks and enhancements.

u2.jpg

u1.jpg

u3.jpg

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 14

Dima | My DCS uploads

1 hour ago, Minsky said:

Hey guys.

Just uploaded a major update. Changelog and links are in the first post, as usual.

Highlights:

* CASE pages: ACL approaches added. Based on NATOPS and SME's input.

* Ordnance page: redone completely.

* HAFU page: rebuilt from scratch.

And dozens of smaller tweaks and enhancements.

Nice! Thank you

• Thanks 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Thanks again for your excellent work @Minsky!

I really love your well designed sheets 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 22 June 2022
3 hours ago, Minsky said:

Tiny update for the 2.7.15.26783 Open Beta.

Ordnance page: TALD and BRU-42 data updated.

RWR page: South Atlantic naval assets added. Some of them are WIP and have limited data, and neither vessel has a HARM code.

Screenshot - Thu 23 Jun 22 , 09_18_46.png

Well done, good job, thank you 👍

• Thanks 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Thank you soo much! This is one of the best things ever done for DCS. 

I have a question tho. Your chart on the CASE III Recovery Part 2 says "Configured for landing" at 6 nm. That's correct. Is there a way to also input that you start this from 8 nm as per CV-NATOPS? It looks to people that they can start this from 10 miles already. Thanks!

Gater

• Thanks 1

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 24 June 2022
7 hours ago, Gater45988 said:

Is there a way to also input that you start this from 8 nm as per CV-NATOPS? It looks to people that they can start this from 10 miles already. Thanks!

I couldn't initially fit both items in there, so I went with the 6 nm as the more important one.

Made some further rearrangements and managed to squeeze in both of them.

c3a-u1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

Little bit offtopic, but does anybody know some lifehack for quick changing day and night versions of this brilliant kneeboard suite? Night version has too low contrast for day missions and day version too bright for night missions.

I used to use a pdf versions, but later have found out that built-in kneeboard is more handy.

• Like 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

11 hours ago, Blackfyre said:

Little bit offtopic, but does anybody know some lifehack for quick changing day and night versions of this brilliant kneeboard suite? Night version has too low contrast for day missions and day version too bright for night missions.

I used to use a pdf versions, but later have found out that built-in kneeboard is more handy.

Would be good if DCS would recognise the keyword in the name, but then you've got twilight missions as well.. 

You could use a batch file before starting up, depends if you really want an extra step. 

Personally I only have the day version installed. I find it's fine at night, because most of the time the kneeboard is hidden. I just pop it up when I need to check something. 

18 hours ago, Blackfyre said:

Put all the files together in 2 designated locations; one for Day, one for Night.

Before joining a mission, navigate to 'c:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\FA-18C_hornet' and delete all the files.

Copy the designated Day or Night folder--depending on the mission--into the kneeboard folder above.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

i made two mod, one with day version and another with night version

activation / desactivation with ovgme before mission 😉

simple 😉

System specs: Win10 x64 | i7-9700KF / i9-12900KF | 48/64 GB | GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / RTX 3090TI 24GB | *NvME PRO 2To | HOTAS Warthog/Virpil | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Button Box

9 hours ago, Kervinou said:

i made two mod, one with day version and another with night version

activation / desactivation with ovgme before mission 😉

simple 😉

What's the difference between ovgme and jsgme? I've got jsgme for like 10 years, any benefit to switch? 

Mod managers are just a personal preference. I use Open Mod Manager as I prefer the interface and easy of use compared to jsgme (bit old now) or ovgme. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 6/25/2022 at 2:24 PM, Captain Orso said:

Put all the files together in 2 designated locations; one for Day, one for Night.

Before joining a mission, navigate to 'c:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\FA-18C_hornet' and delete all the files.

Copy the designated Day or Night folder--depending on the mission--into the kneeboard folder above.

I'm too lazy for this. But, I had discovered the Hooks and then wrote small script which put the right pages depending on the mission time. However, sunrise and sunset time need to be adjusted, for now it is just 7 a.m. / p.m.

Lua-file needs to be placed in "%Saved Games%/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/Hooks", script will take day or night pages from the "Kneeboard/_FA-18C_hornet".

P.S. Besides adjusting time, I'm planning to do the same thing for map's kneeboard pages, which was also created by @Minsky

hornetKneeboard.lua

• Like 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

12 hours ago, Blackfyre said:

I'm too lazy for this. But, I had discovered the Hooks and then wrote small script which put the right pages depending on the mission time. However, sunrise and sunset time need to be adjusted, for now it is just 7 a.m. / p.m.

Lua-file needs to be placed in "%Saved Games%/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/Hooks", script will take day or night pages from the "Kneeboard/_FA-18C_hornet".

P.S. Besides adjusting time, I'm planning to do the same thing for map's kneeboard pages, which was also created by @Minsky

hornetKneeboard.lua 7.57 kB · 7 downloads

Nice, I think approximate time is fine because they are still readable even in the light or dark. 

7 hours ago, raus said:

would it be possible to include a couple additional codes in the RWR Harm codes, for the High-Digit SAM Mod (very often used with Liberation nowadays)

I cannot simply add a couple of HARM codes without adding the rest of the data on each SAM.

And this will create a mess, since many of their systems share the codes and RWR IDs with the core units ("BB", "10", etc), yet have a completely different engagement ranges.

But I'll tell you what, at some point I'll have to split this kneeboard in two to accommodate the upcoming assets and modules. This will likely give us plenty of space to include the HDS as a separate section.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

23 hours ago, Minsky said:

I cannot simply add a couple of HARM codes without adding the rest of the data on each SAM.

And this will create a mess, since many of their systems share the codes and RWR IDs with the core units ("BB", "10", etc), yet have a completely different engagement ranges.

But I'll tell you what, at some point I'll have to split this kneeboard in two to accommodate the upcoming assets and modules. This will likely give us plenty of space to include the HDS as a separate section.

Sounds reasonable 🙂 I did not consider the whole thing, as just realized those systems having different codes. Thanks for the feedback, anyway!!!

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 22 July 2022