Editing kneeboard laser codes?

Willie Nelson

Can someone tell me how to change the GBU laser code on the kneeboard and therefore on the bomb before I start the engine?

im attempting to drop LGB on the auto JTAC spots in through the the inferno server but I cant find how to do this. 

cheers

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

You can only change laser codes when the aircraft is completely off. No power whatsoever. On the kneeboard it shows which key combo to press to advance the laser code 1 digit. RS=right shift RA=right alt and then 9,0,= depending on which digit of the code you want to modify. Just remember to do it first thing on a cold startup.

54 minutes ago, Sinclair_76 said:

You can only change laser codes when the aircraft is completely off. No power whatsoever. On the kneeboard it shows which key combo to press to advance the laser code 1 digit. RS=right shift RA=right alt and then 9,0,= depending on which digit of the code you want to modify. Just remember to do it first thing on a cold startup.

Ah ha.....now I understand what the RS + RA means. thank you very much......bombs away!

• Like 1

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

3 hours ago, Willie Nelson said:

Can someone tell me how to change the GBU laser code on the kneeboard and therefore on the bomb before I start the engine?

im attempting to drop LGB on the auto JTAC spots in through the the inferno server but I cant find how to do this.

I haven't flown this mission but now I'm curious.  It sounds like you have to know those JTAC laser codes in advance.  Are they written somewhere?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

19 minutes ago, Machalot said:

I haven't flown this mission but now I'm curious.  It sounds like you have to know those JTAC laser codes in advance.  Are they written somewhere?

Yep sure, so I’m talking about the multiplayer through the inferno servers. Search the comms menu for option “Other” and you’ll see a number of different ways to list missions and some of them will show the waypoint number, target type and if applicable an associated JTAC auto laser code. I’ve done this successfully with the Hornet in the past but not yet with the Viper as I haven’t up till now bee;able to figure out how to change the bomb’s code. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

One other thing you could do if you get a JTAC (or buddy lase) code after take off:

Set the JTAC laser code as your laser search code

Laser Spot Search (LSS) for the JTAC laser - (once in range if you know the target area or have a waypoint there)

This will get you the target

You can then self lase your bombs to that target

Again, only useful if already in the air.

• Like 2