F-15E WIP Updates (NO DISCUSSION)

FoxOne007

On 6/4/2021 at 1:21 AM, Kev2go said:

mostly hyped about the A/G radar capabilities.

Given that the Hornets A/g SAR map still leaves much to be desired, the more sophiscated A/G mapping modes, and higher resolution sar will be welcome

jelCkVe.gif

Unfortunately actual SAR data still looks like this without filtering and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, LCO489 said:

Those who voted for it on UFC pool:

images.png

Razbam has said they have a solution for both parties, leading most (including me) we’ll be able to swap them in the special options menu. Which is similar to say adding/removing the fuel probe on the JF-17

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, FoxOne007 said:

Razbam has said they have a solution for both parties, leading most (including me) we’ll be able to swap them in the special options menu. Which is similar to say adding/removing the fuel probe on the JF-17

Even better 😄

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Maybe 2 weeks is closer than it seems.

• Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

Alright, so, let's go through the list:

- AAMs should operate normally, especially the sidewinder as it looks for heat sigs.
- Iron Bombs are working as designed, now we just need to see if retard bombs work as advertised.
- Laser Guided Bombs should work like iron bombs, as the laser can come from either the plane or another source.

This leaves GPS guided weapons, AGMs, and any 'new' weapons coming with the module left.... And seeing as we now have renders of the full pit, and some images of the systems functioning... I'd honestly say that it may be ready for an early access release very soon. Once that's out, you guys can focus on other systems like the AGR, AAR, MAR, the various other pods the MudHen uses, any ECM it can be equipped with, and maybe speak with Heatblur about Jester again since his AG capabilities are coming pretty soon. Honestly, if you guys released it now, with the core capabilities (AA, DUmb bomb delivery, etc), it'd sell very well, especially if people understood that that's what they were buying up front.

Now... can someone explain why I'm hearing Sammy Hagar all of a sudden?

9 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Alright, so, let's go through the list:

- AAMs should operate normally, especially the sidewinder as it looks for heat sigs.
- Iron Bombs are working as designed, now we just need to see if retard bombs work as advertised.
- Laser Guided Bombs should work like iron bombs, as the laser can come from either the plane or another source.

This leaves GPS guided weapons, AGMs, and any 'new' weapons coming with the module left.... And seeing as we now have renders of the full pit, and some images of the systems functioning... I'd honestly say that it may be ready for an early access release very soon. Once that's out, you guys can focus on other systems like the AGR, AAR, MAR, the various other pods the MudHen uses, any ECM it can be equipped with, and maybe speak with Heatblur about Jester again since his AG capabilities are coming pretty soon. Honestly, if you guys released it now, with the core capabilities (AA, DUmb bomb delivery, etc), it'd sell very well, especially if people understood that that's what they were buying up front.

Now... can someone explain why I'm hearing Sammy Hagar all of a sudden?

If they release it now it'll be a worse release than the F-16 and that would be terrible for both the community and Razbam.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MikkelCanNotFly said:

If they release it now it'll be a worse release than the F-16 and that would be terrible for both the community and Razbam.

Not if they're honest in saying "Hey guys, we got the core stuff working for the F-15E, the more advanced stuff is coming, but we need you all to help us make sure the core stuff actually works in the world. Those of you who buy now will also get (insert list of perks), and we promise that this will be one of the best DCS modules out there." or something along those lines. And let's face it.... they've sunk how much into this project by now? I think it's high time they start recouping costs.

3 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Not if they're honest in saying "Hey guys, we got the core stuff working for the F-15E, the more advanced stuff is coming, but we need you all to help us make sure the core stuff actually works in the world. Those of you who buy now will also get (insert list of perks), and we promise that this will be one of the best DCS modules out there." or something along those lines. And let's face it.... they've sunk how much into this project by now? I think it's high time they start recouping costs.

you're being a little too optimistic imo😅 The majority of the DCS community have very high expectations for this module, and if it doesn't release with some key features it won't do any different to an F-16 or F-18. It's only when it gets the key features implemented that it will stand out from other modules. I'd love to fly the plane as early as possible but if there is nothing special about it then for one; it wasn't worth the long wait, and second: the amount of backlash Razbam will get is going to hurt the company tremendously.

So in short I completely see your point and I'd love to fly the plane as much as you do, but the sad reality is that the DCS community can be very harsh, and especially towards Razbam (sadly), so it would be best to release it with as much capability as possible to satisfy the community.

• Like 4

Guys, can we limit discussion in this thread, a lot of people follow this thread because they are waiting for development updates to be posted.

If you want to start a discussion then start a new topic in the forum and then we aren't pinging everybody every time there is a reply. And yes, I know I'm not helping posting this lol.

• Like 16

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.