Modern flyable Red Aviation in Combined Arms (modernized Fulcrum and Flanker family)

musolo

On 3/26/2021 at 11:04 AM, musolo said:

Yes but you gotta have couple favorite ones right?

i mean jets

I kinda don't. 

If I had to pick one probably the F-14A/B? But in the same breath I don't necessarily use it any more than I do the MiG-21bis, AJS 37, or F-5E-3 - those 4 I find to be the most satisfying experiences in DCS as far as fixed wing goes. That said I still get a fair amount of use out of the F-16CM and F/A-18C, and I wouldn't say I use them any less either. I also quite like the A-10C but it's a different kettle of fish. Though I've also recently been practicing basic airmanship more with the L-39C.

I really don't have a primary module, I like them all for different reasons.

• I love the F-14A/B in most ways I can think of, but it's more difficult for me and my set-up as it's more temperamental.
  • I love the MiG-21bis because getting stuff right in it is very satisfying.
  • I love the AJS 37 because it's primary role is low level strike, with a hefty focus on maritime strike, I also find it to be one of the most unique aircraft in DCS and I found it easy to learn.
  • I like the F-5E-3 because it's my go to practice aircraft, it's also the closest thing I can get to a century series aircraft, it also fits well with the MiG-21bis
  • I like the F-16CM's cockpit, visibility and interface, and I love the F-16 in general much like the Tomcat - even if an M4.2/4.3 CM Block 50 isn't my preferred variant.
  • I like the F/A-18C because it can literally do anything.

And so on etc.

So it's really quite difficult for me to say which one is my favourite. I like the Tomcat a lot but I'm nowhere near proficient in it, I also think that the lingering 'depth problem' in DCS is something that quite hampers my own experience, which applies to basically every aircraft.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

Personally, I'm not too happy with CA, because (overlooking the glaring VR bug) the entire package looks amateurish compared to everything else they do. Take the Leo II. Drive it downhill and step on the gas. Marvel at how it accelerates past 200 km/h. When I was in the military, there was no such high-speed tank available, but what do I know about tanks anyhow. Then marvel again how said Leo, weighing 60t and travelling at 230 km/h, gets literally stopped in its tracks by a slender 5 inch birch tree. That's not DCS, that's a bad interns failed project.

This is why I want combined arms II. Combined Arms is good in theory but in execution it sucks more than a super massive black hole due to the bugs. I would be willing to buy a new module for the full price to get a decent version.

2 hours ago, musolo said:

quote from my earlier post.

"Let`s make one thing clear here. Every single module in MAC is developed with access to the docks to begin with. It`s there to  just simplify and minimize pilot`s workload of the FF modules to FC3 level.  So developement of the new modules for MAC will happen based on the availibility of the docks. No docks - no MAC module." 

My heart is bleading every time i say this)

If eagle feels they can't do a proper mac module then I don't want them to waste time on a module of the plane. End of story. Try a community mod

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, musolo said:

So far i`ve red all kinds of your arguments against my suggestions. Fine. Let`s hear yours. You gotta have some right? 

I have a suggestion build a mod. Then as more data comes available improve it.

Updated red air is an old discussion by now. I certainly don't have any inside or special information but from browsing this forum (and previous ones) for years, along with ED youtube videos etc, the following appear to be pertinent points:

1. Either now or in the past, there were or are valid legal concerns around availability of information. Not so much permission, after all we have the KA-50 which has official Kamov authorisation, but getting sufficient accurate and verifiable information to make a module to "DCS" standards is another matter.

2. There is also an economic argument against. Fact is, the number of people who want DCS-standard red air modules is comparatively small. I am one of them. A much larger proportion of the user base wants NATO jets. Like any company ED need to keep the lights on and pay staff. If there isn't an economic argument in favour of a certain module, it's unlikely to be made.

3. ED have publicly said many times that they do not want to produce any more FC3-level modules. MAC is something of an anomaly in this regard and personally I think that "game" level avionics & flight modelling, already in DCS World, provides enough accessibility.

My personal viewpoint is that more FC3 level aircraft are unlikely to be made. Combined Arms is purely for ground based units so I don't see that aircraft would be a good fit there. Much better would be a proper AWACS module, similar to LotATC but that could also work in SP missions. I say this as someone who would pay literally anything for a DCS: Su-27SM module. It's my personal dream module, but unfortunately I doubt it will happen for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

5 hours ago, Rush_ said:

Sincerely: A Flanker Fan!

You should Visit MP server called "EXERCISE RED FLAG" little surprize is waiting every  Flanker and Fulcrum fans on this server.  And  every other latest jet present in DCS)

And perhaps download those skins for Flanker cockpits if you don`t have them already

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313790/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313799/

Cheers!

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

56 minutes ago, musolo said:

You should Visit MP server called "EXERCISE RED FLAG" little surprize is waiting every  Flanker and Fulcrum fans on this server.  And  every other latest jet present in DCS)

And perhaps download those skins for Flanker cockpits if you don`t have them already

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313790/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313799/

Cheers!

I don't play DCS World anymore, I feel just like you! What you write about mod, I've played in Flaming Cliffs 2 like MiG 31 mod or what I liked Su 30 + R77+ KH 29T and Su 34+ KH 31P mod. For me, the Bars radar and the extras this amazing work of art can fight would come back into the simulator and not need a clickable cockpit!

Watch the video!

Sukhoi Su-37 Super Flanker (711) Flight & Detail

I started with Lock on at the end of 2009 and only flew Flanker and Fulcrum until the end of 2020 but after all this time it is boring to do the same thing every day!

When I watch this video and compare it to what’s in DCS World I feel even worse!

https://youtu.be/bzPpjEioIXc?t=196

And since 2013, there is nothing new for me to come back!

I wish you perseverance and strength!

Edited by Rush_

7 minutes ago, Rush_ said:

I don't play DCS World anymore, I feel just like you! What you write about mod, I've played in Flaming Cliffs 2 like MiG 31 mod or what I liked Su 30 + R77+ KH 29T and Su 34+ KH 31P mod. For me, the Bars radar and the extras this amazing work of art can fight would come back into the simulator and not need a clickable cockpit!

Watch the video!

Sukhoi Su-37 Super Flanker (711) Flight & Detail

I started with Lock on at the end of 2009 and only flew Flanker and Fulcrum until the end of 2020 but after all this time it is boring to do the same thing every day!

When I watch this video and compare it to what’s in DCS World I feel even worse!

https://youtu.be/bzPpjEioIXc?list=LL&t=196

And since 2013, there is nothing new for me to come back!

I wish you perseverance and strength!

Wach this and get back in formation comrade!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscuGyCMSvQ

1 hour ago, DarkFire said:

Updated red air is an old discussion by now. I certainly don't have any inside or special information but from browsing this forum (and previous ones) for years, along with ED youtube videos etc, the following appear to be pertinent points:

1. Either now or in the past, there were or are valid legal concerns around availability of information. Not so much permission, after all we have the KA-50 which has official Kamov authorisation, but getting sufficient accurate and verifiable information to make a module to "DCS" standards is another matter.

2. There is also an economic argument against. Fact is, the number of people who want DCS-standard red air modules is comparatively small. I am one of them. A much larger proportion of the user base wants NATO jets. Like any company ED need to keep the lights on and pay staff. If there isn't an economic argument in favour of a certain module, it's unlikely to be made.

I want both so release a ff Flanker or fulcrum and I am buying it 

3. ED have publicly said many times that they do not want to produce any more FC3-level modules. MAC is something of an anomaly in this regard and personally I think that "game" level avionics & flight modelling, already in DCS World, provides enough accessibility.

I am skeptical about seeing more fc3 type modules as well but I think it will all come down to sales. If mac and dcs share enough code and MAC sells well then it could help fund module development. 

24 minutes ago, musolo said:

Wach this and get back in formation comrade!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscuGyCMSvQ

The problem with this mod is that if you fly against the modern F 16 and FA 18C only with the TWS + AMRAAM combination they have an advantage against you in air combat. The F 16 G turns without a limit! he's watching you 100+ km on Link16! There is no Irbis E + RVV SD combination as a counterattack! Even if you make a mod for the Flanker aka Su 35 mod, you will have the same weak N001 on it which loses the target if a supposed beam maneuver flies in front of you!

Here we need a more advanced radar which I consider the minimum is the BARS radar or the Zaslon M. If it were N001VEP it would be at the same level as F16 and FA 18C! In air combat, you are comfortable when your technique outperforms your enemy. That's what NATO planes are doing now! 

MiG 31B is not suitable with R33 missile because it does not have flare and chaff! He’s an interceptor, but the more modern MiG 31BM has flare and chaffal and R77 + R73 to defend himself in close combat and better in long range air combat! F16 and FA 18C are not enemies with a Su 27S, and the MiG 29C is a joke!

Edited by Rush_

32 minutes ago, Rush_ said:

The problem with this mod is that if you fly against the modern F 16 and FA 18C only with the TWS + AMRAAM combination they have an advantage against you in air combat. The F 16 G turns without a limit! See you from 100+ km on Link16! There is no Irbis E + RVV SD combination as a counterattack! Even if you make a mod for the Flanker aka Su 35 mod, you will have the same weak N001 on it which loses the target if a supposed beam maneuver flies in front of you!

Here we need a more advanced radar which I consider the minimum is the BARS radar or the Zaslon M. If it were N001VEP it would be at the same level as F16 and FA 18C! In air combat, you are comfortable when your technique outperforms your enemy. That's what NATO planes are doing now! 

MiG 31B is not suitable with R33 missile because it does not have flare and chaff! He’s an interceptor, but the more modern MiG 31BM has flare and chaffal and R77 + R73 al to defend himself in close combat and better in long range air combat! F16 and FA 18C are not enemies with a Su 27S, and the MiG 29C is a joke!

You see its just  a cockpit skin - not coded mod. And you don`t need any mods to have to play there. Server equips your plane with custom loadout when you spawn. And even with nerfed radar but with great missile people score a few times more in Flankers and Fulcrums)

14 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Do more Cold War BLUFOR modules so they can fit with REDFOR stuff that's actually doable. Preferably on a mid-to-late Cold War era northern/central Germany map.

That's my suggestion. 

I'm with you on this.  I want the cold war gone hot, Vietnam, Korea, Desert Storm, and Afghanistan 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, upyr1 said:

A dude name Nehal Battulwar in India is making a  Su-30 mod

This is MFI 55 upgrade like Deka J 11A or Su 30KI

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/246938-bagi-i-aktualnye-problemy-mig-29s-ag/?do=findComment&comment=4441731

With the help of Deka J 11A update, it would be possible to have this Su 30K that the Ukrainians are showing in this video!

It could be a two-seater Flanker, and could even sell ED as a $ 30 package (J 11A and Su 30K)!

Edited by Rush_
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, musolo said:

Closest we can have is this:

Interesting! What mod is that?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Very cool, thanks.