MFG Crosswind now offers damper kits for their pedals

Does anyone know of a 3D printed file for the black part with the 3 bolt holes in it? I can make one up in some cad software, but figured why reinvent the wheel if someone else has done it.

I'm doing this from sourced parts, as shipping made it very expensive (DHL only for a 600g package!).

Edited by SneakyBastd

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

• 1 month later...

I am probably going to buy the crosswinds with the damper kit in order to fly helicopters.  My question is, will the damper hold the pedals in position and not return the pedals to center?  This is important in trying to trim the DCS Apache.  If you have used the damper kit in flying helicopters, what cam and springs did you use?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

4 hours ago, sobe said:

I am probably going to buy the crosswinds with the damper kit in order to fly helicopters.  My question is, will the damper hold the pedals in position and not return the pedals to center?  This is important in trying to trim the DCS Apache.  If you have used the damper kit in flying helicopters, what cam and springs did you use?

Yes providing you either remove the spring or loosen it up enough that it does not overtake the damper.

I myself am having a new problem that is making fine tuning with the pedals difficult for me in the Apache. I have developed pretty severe neuropathy in my lower legs and especially feet. My feet are pretty much numb now, making fine adjustments with the pedals very difficult for me. Not sure what if anything I can do at this point to help that with my condition. I have dialed my damper down to lowest resistance setting and loosen spring all the way, and still I struggle with fine pedal adjustments. I may end up better off going back to using the spring action and changing the trim for the pedals in the Apache back to center spring rather than no trim.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne

I am sorry for your health condition as I have experienced the beginnings of nephropathy and found my old CH pedals impossible to enable me to control the Apache.

• Like 1

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

8 hours ago, sobe said:

Correct, they will not return to center. Cam does not matter bc, as you may be able to see in some online pics, the lever arm is attached to the base on one end, the cam roller in the middle, and the spring on the far end. With the spring disconnected there is nothing to force the mid arm contact with the cam roller. The only resistance you will feel is from the damper and your other leg. TLDR; if you fly with no spring you are also flying with no cam. 

I fly with damper and springs. I find that I can’t really feel the difference between cams. 

12 hours ago, sobe said:

dburne

I am sorry for your health condition as I have experienced the beginnings of nephropathy and found my old CH pedals impossible to enable me to control the Apache.

Thanks much, it is definitely presenting a new challenge for me. Going to go back to using spring with damper today and see if I fare better. With no spring and damper only at lowest setting I just can not feel the pedals good enough to make very small adjustments.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|