Would any 3ds Max owners be able to convert this .max file to .obj for me?

jib

I have got this Russian DSHK machine gun model that I made a DCS mod for 7 years ago DSHKVer43.7z (.max file is 7-ziped to fit under the 5MB size limit)

But it doesn't display correctly in the newer version of DCS .

I used to work at a school so had free access to 3ds max but now I would have to pay £2000 a year for it.

I am going to try and learn Blender, but first need the file converting to .obj file to import into Blender.

Thanks in advance.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Thank you kind internet stranger! 

That worked perfectly.

DSHK_Blender.jpg

Now I just have to figure out why when I export it to .edm it looks like this!DSHK_EDM.jpg

😞

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

On 3/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, jib said:

I used to work at a school so had free access to 3ds max but now I would have to pay £2000 a year for it.

Autodesk came out with 3DS Max Indie, which works exactly like regular 3DS Max but costs only 280$ per year (That's ~24$/Month). I love Blender as well, but it's such a hassle with exporting for DCS, I was running into problems all the time. Plus i3DS Max is the only officially supported Modelling software for DCS Modding.

• Like 1

The MIRAGE is as invulnerable to the opponent's hits as the mirage is unreachable to the desert traveler.

i7 7700k @ 5Ghz - 32Gb DDR4 - 2Tb M.2 SSD - GTX 1080Ti

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 4:48 PM, mechatoine said:

Autodesk came out with 3DS Max Indie, which works exactly like regular 3DS Max but costs only 280$ per year....

Thanks for pointing that out. Auto desk is not advertising this license-type for obvious reasons and if it wasn’t for your comment I would not have known about it. I subscribed for a year for what is just a hobby at this point...

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."