Mission 10 - Fleeing from MiGs

Have made three attempts to run away from four MiG-29s chasing me when trying to get Kutaisi airbase. Going supersonic on burners all the way last flight and had reached the Kutaisi AF at last. But being instructed to stay overhead the field have turned on MiGs and got R-73 with no RWR spike, like two tryouts before.

Want to overcome this mission already and have no idea should i merge with all the MiGs with 2 Fox-2s and gun or what?

Edited by oldracoon

I don't know but I've been told

It's been said that God is dead

Jet fighters never cry, jet fighters never die

50 minutes ago, oldracoon said:

Have made three attempts to run away from four MiG-29s chasing me when trying to get Kutaisi airbase. Going supersonic on burners all the way last flight and had reached the Kutaisi AF at last. But being instructed to stay overhead the field have turned on MiGs and got R-73 with no RWR spike, like two tryouts before.

Want to overcome this mission already and have no idea should i merge with all the MiGs with 2 Fox-2s and gun or what?

u need  to  get  to the  airbase  as  quick as possible,  and  let  the  air  defence  take  out  the  migs  you  will hear  your  ewr  alert  sounding  off  when  the  air  Defence  missiles  are  fired  against  the  migs. think  i turned  around  to  face  the  migs  but  was  still  in  sight  of  the  air field  and  than  alll migs  were  destroyed. Thought   just  like  you  was  about  to head  of  for  the  carrier   since  was  circling  the  airbase  seemed  like  for ages  than  got  the  call.  So  just  hang  around the  airbase  till  you  get  the  call

Tried for the fourth time and again, got killed by R-73 right over the Kutaisi airfield. Been flying as instructed at 20000 feet, the air defense shot one Hawk missile with no result.

9 hours ago, oldracoon said:

Tried for the fourth time and again, got killed by R-73 right over the Kutaisi airfield. Been flying as instructed at 20000 feet, the air defense shot one Hawk missile with no result.

Kick it to afterburners heading directly for the airfield as soon as you get a detection of the Mig's, and keep going until friendly SAM's have taken them out.  If you don't go AB right away, they'll get close enough to fire on you and take you out.

10 hours ago, rob10 said:

Kick it to afterburners heading directly for the airfield as soon as you get a detection of the Mig's, and keep going until friendly SAM's have taken them out.  If you don't go AB right away, they'll get close enough to fire on you and take you out.

yep  found  this  out  myself 🙂

Thank you gentlemen! At fifth attempt have completed this story. Been orbiting right over Kutaisi TACAN having MiGs in 10-15 miles away, had a good lock on one and kill with 9X. Many minutes after MiGs disappeared from RWR but i had no further instructions and been flying and flying around. Getting low at fuel after full-throttle runaway and evading MIGs had to land at Kutaisi to borrow some gas. Took off then and headed to mother Stennis. And over the shore line suddenly received a message the sky is clear of MiGs and i'm free to go home, had recovery with fireworks and music and completed this great campaign. Oops, sorry me if here's the spoilers.

Despite this stuck at the final part of the pretty long mission the campaign was entirely fun. Want to thank the campaign creators and wish them to create new ones!

8 hours ago, oldracoon said:

Thank you gentlemen! At fifth attempt have completed this story. Been orbiting right over Kutaisi TACAN having MiGs in 10-15 miles away, had a good lock on one and kill with 9X. Many minutes after MiGs disappeared from RWR but i had no further instructions and been flying and flying around. Getting low at fuel after full-throttle runaway and evading MIGs had to land at Kutaisi to borrow some gas. Took off then and headed to mother Stennis. And over the shore line suddenly received a message the sky is clear of MiGs and i'm free to go home, had recovery with fireworks and music and completed this great campaign. Oops, sorry me if here's the spoilers.

Despite this stuck at the final part of the pretty long mission the campaign was entirely fun. Want to thank the campaign creators and wish them to create new ones!

Hi 

Glad you enjoyed.

The issue with the Migs seems to be a recent issue with the SAM site not engaging the Migs fully. An update shortly will fix this.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 1 year later...

Just completed this mission (fun as always!), and never did get an "all clear." After the MiGs disappeared from my radar, I circled around until I got an RWR hit that lead me toward Senaki, but then that too disappeared. Eventually I just went back to mother and got the fireworks show (although, strangely enough, never got the ability to call Hornet Ball?). No issue staying well in front of the MiGs, most likely because I was already at 28k' going M0.77 back toward mother when they spawned.
Reviewing the Tacview (attached), the two surviving MiGs flew over Kuaisi and landed at Senaki. Not sure if that was the intent, but those are some lucky pilots!

Now that I'm caught up on the story, headed back to the Straits of Hormuz for RotPL2. Thanks for your work!

Tacview-20230219-130801-DCS-Mission 10 Camp 2 SC.zip.acmi

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

5 hours ago, Pyrocumulous said:

Just completed this mission (fun as always!), and never did get an "all clear." After the MiGs disappeared from my radar, I circled around until I got an RWR hit that lead me toward Senaki, but then that too disappeared. Eventually I just went back to mother and got the fireworks show (although, strangely enough, never got the ability to call Hornet Ball?). No issue staying well in front of the MiGs, most likely because I was already at 28k' going M0.77 back toward mother when they spawned.
Reviewing the Tacview (attached), the two surviving MiGs flew over Kuaisi and landed at Senaki. Not sure if that was the intent, but those are some lucky pilots!

Now that I'm caught up on the story, headed back to the Straits of Hormuz for RotPL2. Thanks for your work!

Tacview-20230219-130801-DCS-Mission 10 Camp 2 SC.zip.acmi 3.97 MB · 1 download

Hi, thanks for the heads up.

There is an issue and this is partly due to EDs AI updates allowing them to think for themselves and break off more, even though they are scripted not to.

I have already updated this mission as it was raised recently. Have firstly made the SAMs more effective and secondly put a safety mechanism in place in case one of the Migs go AWOL. This should get things back to normal and you will then get the all clear message.

It will be out in next update. Together with improvements and printable Kneeboards to all campaigns.

Hope you enjoy Ford’s time in the Persian Gulf where he is joined by his wingman. 😄👍

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.