Invisible cockpit problem

Nigel Hanchard

I hope someone can help with a weird intermittent problem I'm having in the A-10C II, both in SP and MP. Missions appear to be  loading normally but then I find myself in a transparent cockpit. The aircraft's nose is transparent too: there's just a faint outline. But if I twist round to look behind me, the wings, fuselage and tail are rendered properly. Also if I switch to external view, everything looks normal. I've tried waiting for it to load up without success. Sometimes running a repair and deleting the fxo and metashaders 2 files helps, but usually it doesn't. When it does work, it works fine, and this never affects the original A-10C module. I'd be deeply grateful for a solution, as this is really becoming a pain. 
System specs: Windows 10, GTX1070, 32Gb RAM, SSD, VR Oculus Rift C2, 

• ED Team

Hi

please run a cleanup and repair or verify if using steam. 

if that does not help please attach your dcs log 

thanks

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

please run a cleanup and repair or verify if using steam. 

if that does not help please attach your dcs log after an attempt it may give us some clues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BIGNEWY. Not running Steam. Will run a cleanup and repair ASAP. 

Well I've done a cleanup and repair and got into a visible cockpit twice in a row, which is a record. I had previously repaired numerous times but hadn't done a separate cleanup, so I don't know whether it's that that made a difference. Thanks for your prompt reply and fingers crossed ...

Seems you have a problem with a kneeboard customization that you did to the A-10C II

ERROR COCKPITBASE: ccLuaLoader::LuaDofile(L, "./Mods/aircraft/A-10C_2/Cockpit/Scripts/device_init.lua"): Can't execute Lua file ./Mods/aircraft/A-10C_2/Cockpit/Scripts/device_init.lua - can't open 'C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Data/Kneeboard Builder Config/Custom Kneeboard Settings/A-10C_2/declare_kneeboard_device.lua

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 minutes ago, Nigel Hanchard said:

So is Kneeboard Builder the problem? It's always just worked in the past. Do you know any way I might be able to fix this?

DCS recently improved its kneeboard a lot, now you can resize and move it, and page browsing using the mouse, so it is feasible that an older utility might now be incompatible.

I have no idea how to fix this, as I use KB only for its conversion from PDF to PNG, never used its customization feature. You will have to review what you did with the Utility and attempt to disable that.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

7 minutes ago, Nigel Hanchard said:

Interesting. It seems DCS was looking for an A-10C_2 Kneeboard Builder folder that wasn't there. There was an A-10 C folder, so I copied it and renamed it A-10C_2 and ... So far so good. Thanks very much for your help! 

You are welcome, and thanks for coming back and telling us the solution, so other people can benefit from your experience 👍

• Like 1