Pre-ordered!

Grievo

5 minutes ago, foxonefoxtwo said:

Probably answered someplace but my understanding is I shall be able to download the module somewhere in June 2021 or thereabouts - Is there a definitive date available? Also, Till when is the pre order discount available?

All we know is that the Hind enters early access somewhere in Q2 2021, so anywhere between now and in 3 months.
It'll be in pre-order (thus on discount) until it enters EA.

• Like 1

The Mi-24 is now on Steam too ... wonder if the May 31st release date will be accurate 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

vor einer Stunde schrieb Rudel_chw:

The Mi-24 is now on Steam too ... wonder if the May 31st release date will be accurate 🙂

Finally! I think this is the first time ever that it took me less than 20 seconds on steam to find and purchase a product 😛 ... Think the only way to beat this personal record is  preordering the apache once it is available. 🙂 

• Like 4

Pre-ordered through Steam too, and a copy to my bro as well; first ever helicopter module bought on DCS, love that beast.
P/S please release a tutorial how to fly on a X56 Hotas with out a collective, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

I've been playing the, "How close to the edge can I walk before the ground crumbles beneath my feet and I fall to my death?" game.

But I didn't want to lose the pre-order discount, and the release of 2.7 spooked me.

So I pre-ordered. Better safe than sorry. 🤣

• Like 2

Wow, I was not expecting the Mi24P to be up on Steam so soon, and with a 30% discount. The release date is interesting though, seems like they would not put that on Steam if they were not reasonably sure that they could hit it. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Wow, I was not expecting the Mi24P to be up on Steam so soon, and with a 30% discount. The release date is interesting though, seems like they would not put that on Steam if they were not reasonably sure that they could hit it. 

They mentioned in a different thread that while the date there is a placeholder, it is their best estimate.

Fingers crossed it's right!

• Like 3

I'm just happy it's not listed as the last day of June. Which would be the end of Q2 2021, which falls right at the end of the Hind release window. 🙂

This means that the team is pretty happy with the module and are confident they will make it before the end of Q2. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Estimation is Q2, which means approximately between 31st May (since this is a steam release date) and last day of Q2, 30th June, or in worst case in the beginning of Q3, at least until 31st of July.

Not specific dates, just my rough approximates.

Edited by SmukY
  • Like 1

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Lurker said:

I maintain a believe that ED has been polishing the Mi-24 great way for now a couple years. As they started to talk about it in 2017 and show of it in 2018 and all. It has been years since Wags "What is that Hind doing here?" phrase and hint. 

Watching the interview about the Mi-24 development, it looks like they really did have spent a lot of time and effort for the small things and get the overall package to great condition.

That is why I as well believe that the Early Access phase could be shorter than expected with the MI-24. 

Point being, I believe that ED has the MI-24P already in so good condition that they could almost release it already, so there is good change that the Mi-28 is ready already weeks before release for Early Access phase and they just play it smart and safe way to test and test it for that. 

We should start to see couple weeks before release the Wags more insightful videos and that starts the hype train... 

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...

I was holding back my pre-order, wanted to see more in-cockpit footage and functionality showcase. I followed the thread by @PilotMi8 which reinforced my decision to buy-in early access. Well, recent video triggered me. I am in, for this shot alone - (and by the way,  DCS is headed in right direction!) Pre-ordered!

HIND.png

• Like 5

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I'm usually against pre-orders of any kind. But DCS is a special case exception. SIMMING is a hobby which I dabbled in, off and on, for many, many years and DCS World for all it's many faults is probably the premiere flight combat sim platform. Even here I would advise against pre-ordering something unless you are sure you will enjoy it, missing features and all.

Pre-ordering the Hind was a no-brainer. It's my favorite gunship helicopter, it's made by the same people behind the Huey and the Mi-8, both modules which I enjoy, and last but not least the 30% discount is not to be scoffed at. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

Still waiting on pre-ordering until they can give us a date and full early access feature list. But I'm confident it'll be great and I do plan to get it once that info is out there.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

16 minutes ago, kengou said:

Still waiting on pre-ordering until they can give us a date and full early access feature list. But I'm confident it'll be great and I do plan to get it once that info is out there.

The date will be known shortly before it happens, but the early access features lists has already been provided on a product page:

• Professional flight dynamics and engine modelling with high precision characteristics of the real aircraft in all ranges of altitude, temperature and speeds for different weights and flight configurations
  • Two 6DOF highly detailed cockpits (RU and EN versions available)
  • Fully clickable cockpits with interactive control of all onboard systems with mouse
  • Multi-crew. Second crew member can be another player or "Petrovich" AI (basic AI level during early access phase)
  • Detailed modeling of the entire electrical, fuel, hydraulic, anti-icing, fire protection, SAS, autopilot and radio systems
  • Full modeling of armament and weapons systems with ability to use 30mm cannon, unguided rockets (S-8, S-13, S-24B) and bombs from both cockpits in addition to the guided ATGM 9M114 operated by forward seated pilot-operator
  • Standard Russian new and weathered liveries in addition to Iraqi and Syrian schemes
  • Early Access manual Russian and English versions
  • Training missions
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am going to pre-order as soon as some good first YouTube videos about the Hind will arrive (for example from Rakuzard or GrimReapers) to have a good sneak-peek of one will get after buying, how the flight model is, details about the cockpit quality and cockpit illumination at night and so on. But I am sure this helicopter will become absolutely great and super impressive.

Before preorder I want to see all the weapons employment. How AI Petrovich functions, his "anti-tank" skills, how switching seats works in SP. How multi-crew works & the gunners periscope sight user functionality. Then I'll decide.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.