F-35 not offered to Brazil

tflash

(lets continue the Brazil discussion here)

Seems Lockheed proposes F-16 instead of F-35:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/BRAZIL082708.xml

In which case I would buy the Gripen, but hé, I don't even live in Brazil ;)

Yeh i saw this info also.....but a friend with contacts in Lockheed office say it still avaliable.....but only if the delivers start in 2019 :cry: with some aquisition of the F-16 before that :huh:

The info about the joint between Brazil and Argetina to build up the reactor is non sense.......the basic reactor plant is already finished. Actually the Brazilian navy is bulding up an facility to fully test the reactor...if you google it you will find pictures of it.

Some non confirmed info says the French model is beging cogited to be the BASIC model to the hull......with 3 diesel eletric version builded in Brazil before the Nuclear version.

Cant confirm but some people at Brazilian navy are not happy with teh U-214 problems previous cogited.

The new Venezuela’s military race...have litle to do with Brazil ambitions rigth now...... the excitement of many people have one reason

PETROBRAS and the new OIL FIELDS in the salt area.....this found will boost up Brasil to the 3/4 most inportant OIL producer in the world

Actually Brazilian Navy and Air force have very difficult times in get this whole area protected...and with this new oil fields is almost impossible.

In september 7 the new defense plan will be showed to the president. The minister of defense says the plan will not only let Brazil buy some "Fish" it will "Teach us how to get the fish" .....in his words it will be a new form of investment in the military industry...continuous and based on private corporation

If this will happen only the time will tell

fingers crossed.....sorry for the poor english

cya

Edited by wsoul2k

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

(lets continue the Brazil discussion here)

Seems Lockheed proposes F-16 instead of F-35:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/BRAZIL082708.xml

In which case I would buy the Gripen, but hé, I don't even live in Brazil ;)

In the end if the F-35 keep with this delevery date to 2019 the choices will be the Rafale and Gripen....IMHO

If the Choose is the Gripen i HOPE it should be the NEW gripen

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

We have plenty of Gripen-A's for sale, if Norway buys the E that is (because then Sweden would change to the E also I heard (?)) :D

But Brazil should get the new one me thinks!

I was talking about the Gripen N :thumbup:

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Imho, the Gripen is "state-of-the-art" in the truest sense of the word. It takes a host of proven technologies and designs, and brings an affordable, producable solution to a well-defined problem. In fact, any such fighter has to meet the "F-16 benchmark", so to speak.

F-35 goes a lot of miles further than Gripen, but with seriously increased risk. LM still hopes to offset the extra cost these risks brought by sheer sales volume. I wonder if this is going to happen. Near 600 Typhoons on order didn't bring down the price significantly, neither did the huge US Navy order for the Superbug. The latter is expensive even though it is 100% proven technology and lean production. I have difficulty to believe LM can do significantly better than Boeing in this field.

Anyway, the good thing is there is some real competition.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw Gripen performing a display at Kecskemet 2008 airshow and I must say I was impressed with what I saw. Great turn/climb rate although I can't say was it full on fuel upon takeoff or loaded with fuel estimated for a 20-30 minutes of flight.

But the plane that probably stole my heart at Kecskemet was EF2K. I didn't expect it to be larger in size than Gripen but when U see these two parked next to eachother you'll notice a difference. EF2K is a almost two times in weight than JAS-39 but very agile, breathtaking fighter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Imho, the Gripen is "state-of-the-art" in the truest sense of the word. It takes a host of proven technologies and designs, and brings an affordable, producable solution to a well-defined problem. In fact, any such fighter has to meet the "F-16 benchmark", so to speak.

F-35 goes a lot of miles further than Gripen, but with seriously increased risk. LM still hopes to offset the extra cost these risks brought by sheer sales volume. I wonder if this is going to happen. Near 600 Typhoons on order didn't bring down the price significantly, neither did the huge US Navy order for the Superbug. The latter is expensive even though it is 100% proven technology and lean production. I have difficulty to believe LM can do significantly better than Boeing in this field.

Anyway, the good thing is there is some real competition.

Well keeping this delivery date to 2019 will not help in the sales....but IMHO the real problem is the US governament in doubt if this kind of technology should reach south america rigth now...

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

I saw Gripen performing a display at Kecskemet 2008 airshow and I must say I was impressed with what I saw. Great turn/climb rate although I can't say was it full on fuel upon takeoff or loaded with fuel estimated for a 20-30 minutes of flight.

But the plane that probably stole my heart at Kecskemet was EF2K. I didn't expect it to be larger in size than Gripen but when U see these two parked next to eachother you'll notice a difference. EF2K is a almost two times in weight than JAS-39 but very agile, breathtaking fighter.

hehe, put a combat load on it and it's not so quick any longer (the Gripen). Fully loaded with one drop tank, 2 GBU 12´s, 2 aim-120´s and 2 aim-9's the C version just passes Mach 1 so she's kind of slow really :)

The E/F/N version is to have a more powerful engine though, and more fuel.. I think there was even talk of a thrust vectoring engine before..

It's cool though that such a small plane can carry so much, especially the new one.

Does anyone know if the new one will still be able to operate from 500 meters of road and all that? Did they keep the same demands on minimal maintanance?

Edited by -sulan-
new engine blabla