Would you pay for an additional Version Pack for a module?

Mig Fulcrum

Would you pay for an addictional Version Pack for a module?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for an addictional Version Pack for a module?

• Yes, I think the work deserves a price equal the module
    • Yes, but I think half the price of the module is enough
    • No, I think this should be free with the module itself
    • No because it's a silly idea

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Not sure if I'm on the majority or not, but I much prefer a whole new aircraft, than a differente version of one I already have, so from that POV I'd rather not have the developers investing resources on variants.

I loved those modules that included two variants on the single purchase, like the C-101 and the F-14, but I would have loved them just the same with a single variant each.

Best regards.

Some variants are like a whole new aircraft in terms of how they fly and capabilities they have. One such example is the F-4 Phantom. There are some variants that just differ slightly and others that differ significantly to the point that it can no longer be considered the same aircraft. Then there are the Naval variants that are modified for carrier ops.

• Like 2

Pricing should depend on the content. Always. So, an "expansion pack", for example for the F-18A or F-16 Block 40 would be something like the upgrade from Warthog 1 to 2, while an F-16A would be a full module in its own right, with a handful of minor variants included (Blocks 5 to non-MLU 15 generally differed very little). Whether I'd buy it depends on the aircraft, but I'd certainly be interested in the 80s and Vietnam era modules. 

• Like 7

Agree with Dragon.  It would depend on how much work went into it.  Cause that's what we're really paying for.

And OP forgot Ka-50N in his list. 😇

Edited by 3WA
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Evoman said:

Some variants are like a whole new aircraft in terms of how they fly and capabilities they have. One such example is the F-4 Phantom. There are some variants that just differ slightly and others that differ significantly to the point that it can no longer be considered the same aircraft. 

This is why I am in complete agreement with this

17 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Pricing should depend on the content. Always. So, an "expansion pack", for example for the F-18A or F-16 Block 40 would be something like the upgrade from Warthog 1 to 2, while an F-16A would be a full module in its own right, with a handful of minor variants included (Blocks 5 to non-MLU 15 generally differed very little). Whether I'd buy it depends on the aircraft, but I'd certainly be interested in the 80s and Vietnam era modules. 

Yeah I think it really depends on what the module is bringing versus an existing model. 

In the HB case with the 14s they all mainly use the same FM, and avionics. The main  difference is the engines. 

So would I pay near full price for a 14D? Yes cuz it's basically a new plane avionics wise and you have to redo the 3d model. 

Same thing for the current F16c blk 50...

I'd pay near full price for a 16A cuz it's more or less a totally different plane.

And for a 16c say blk30 I'd pay a bit less than the blk 50 since it's a simpler version of the 50 and they can reuse more. 

A mig29s vs a mig29G.... yeah ED better gimmie both, cuz they are really similar. And I'd pay a bit more for an an S, but again baby steps. But I would pay full price yet again for a multi role 29k. 

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 4/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, Harlikwin said:

A mig29s vs a mig29G.... yeah ED better gimmie both, cuz they are really similar. And I'd pay a bit more for an an S, but again baby steps. But I would pay full price yet again for a multi role 29k. 

I hope they include the G, it's basically a changed cockpit livery 

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

I hope they include the G, it's basically a changed cockpit livery 

There were a few other differences but minor ones. Derated engines being the big thing. I think some nav stuff too. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).