Can't program the launch bar on the F-18 to stay down.

RTS354
Go to solution Solved by RTS354,

Has anyone tried to bind a keyboard shortcut to raise and lower the launch bar? When I bind a key to either the launch bar On/Off, or Launch bar On and Launch bar OFF, the launch bar will not go into the ON or DOWN position. But If I click on it with the mouse cursor, I can set the Launch bar switch in the down or ON position. If I try using a keyboard shortcut to move the Launch Bar in the down or On position, it breaks the game code to were I can no longer set the launch bar in the down position even with the mouse cursor.  I have to restart the mission to get it working again with the mouse cursor.

Can anyone try using a key binding to lower and raise the launch bar to see if this is just my configuration or a bug?

I use a keybind for the toggle, mapped to the U key on my keyboard, no issues here with either going to on or off. Are you in the latest version of the game?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Just tried using other key bindings and I get the same issue. It doesn't matter what keys I bind to either the Launch Bar Retract, Launch bar Off, or Launch Bar On/Off, if I use a key binding to activate this switch, the switch fails and no longer works, BUT as long as I don't use a key binding and use the mouse cursor to activate the switch, the switch works fine.

I checked the General, and UILayer section to verify that the same key binding wasn't used for some other function.

I'm using the F-18C in Simulator mode.

• Solution

OK, just figured it out. Apparently, the description part of the controls screen was hidden, so all I saw was the Launch Bar Extend/Off, etc, and not the description. So once I expanded the description field, I was applying my key bindings to the circuit breakers of the Launch Bar instead of the Launch Bar switch. So now everything is working. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RTS354 said:

OK, just figured it out. Apparently, the description part of the controls screen was hidden, so all I saw was the Launch Bar Extend/Off, etc, and not the description. So once I expanded the description field, I was applying my key bindings to the circuit breakers of the Launch Bar instead of the Launch Bar switch. So now everything is working. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for coming back (and admitting 🙂) with that.  You've likely saved someone a bunch of frustration in the future!

• Like 1