Mission 9 checkpoint

dburne

Mission 9 checkpoint loading is not working properly, always drops back to start of mission.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 3/27/2021 at 3:59 AM, dburne said:

Mission 9 checkpoint loading is not working properly, always drops back to start of mission.

Do not quit the mission and "replay", this way checkpoint loading feature fails. When you start the mission from campaign, and 'die', don't quit and hit replay, wait for the checkpoint to autoload. 

18 hours ago, FrankMT said:

Do not quit the mission and "replay", this way checkpoint loading feature fails. When you start the mission from campaign, and 'die', don't quit and hit replay, wait for the checkpoint to autoload. 

Not working. It says loading in 15 seconds then just drops to the menu where all you can choose is fly again, then it starts all over at the beginning.

Having the same problem now in Mission 11, doing exactly the same thing. No matter what it always starts over at the beginning of the mission.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

7 hours ago, dburne said:

Not working. It says loading in 15 seconds then just drops to the menu where all you can choose is fly again, then it starts all over at the beginning.

Having the same problem now in Mission 11, doing exactly the same thing. No matter what it always starts over at the beginning of the mission.

If you get back to the menu and clicked 'fly again', the checkpoint stops working. If you went back to the menu, make sure you end the mission and re-enter from the campaign page. 

5 hours ago, FrankMT said:

If you get back to the menu and clicked 'fly again', the checkpoint stops working. If you went back to the menu, make sure you end the mission and re-enter from the campaign page. 

Ok that must be what I am doing wrong. If I was killed I was afraid clicking on end mission would end the campaign so was clicking on fly again.

Will choose end mission next time thanks.

Don B

13 hours ago, FrankMT said:

This does not always work either. Just fyi, no idea why.

Don B

8 hours ago, dburne said:

This does not always work either. Just fyi, no idea why.

When you get killed, DON'T DO ANYTHING, just wait for 20 seconds and checkpoint will autoload. If you quit the mission manually in anyway, checkpoint fails and you have to start from the beginning. Check if this works, thanks a lot!

7 hours ago, FrankMT said:

When you get killed, DON'T DO ANYTHING, just wait for 20 seconds and checkpoint will autoload. If you quit the mission manually in anyway, checkpoint fails and you have to start from the beginning. Check if this works, thanks a lot!

Yes that is how I do it. It worked fine in the final mission yesterday, 9 and 11 it did not for me.

I suppose I could have done something different, but I sure don't think so.

I would always wait and get the checkpoint message, but in 9 and 11 it would always drop me back to the menu where I could fly again or end mission. And either way I was always put back to the very beginning.

Don B

• 2 weeks later...
2021/3/31 PM7点02分,dburne说:

Yes that is how I do it. It worked fine in the final mission yesterday, 9 and 11 it did not for me.

I suppose I could have done something different, but I sure don't think so.

I would always wait and get the checkpoint message, but in 9 and 11 it would always drop me back to the menu where I could fly again or end mission. And either way I was always put back to the very beginning.

If you accidentally click the "try again" button in the end menu after a task ends, the checkpoint function can't work normally. This is a problem of DCS itself.

In addition, in M09 mission, in order to activate checkpoint, you need to survive for about 990 seconds in the mission. At this time, the plot should be in the stage when the enemy mig29 team enters the battlefield. At about that time, you will receive the system prompt "checkpoint reached"

Checkpoint is a mission on the half way, so at least your game process needs to reach the process where checkpoint is located. If you are shot down at the beginning of the game, you will definitely return to the initial stage of the game. It's the same as most PC games.

If you can't solve your problem, please provide a tacviwe file. I will analyze your state when you are shot down.

😉

Edited by JG54_NF2

Thanks but I have already made it through it.

Don B