Fri13

6:48 PM] RAZBAM_Zeus67: Confirmed changelog for 2.7 update:

- Fixed: Negative clock values when local time reaches 00H00:00
- Fixed: CAS Long/Lat Input
- Fixed: CAS UTM input
- Fixed: TACAN line course deviation
- Fixed: TACAN modes not working correctly
- Fixed: DMT VV slave following ghost vector
- Fixed: UFC input errors after entering TACAN or waypoint values.
- Fixed: POD reverts to wide view when selecting FLIR
- Fixed: AAR Zone 3 not appearing on EHSD
- Fixed: TPOD Compass Arrow not pointing North from the POI viewpoint.
- Fixed: DECM annunciator lights remaining ON when pod is OFF.
- Fixed: UFC/ODU display not responding to brightness control.
- Fixed: GBU-12/16 ODU Fuze options not working.
- Fixed: CRS Switch not centering when using keyboard/joystick
- Fixed: Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Keybinds.
- Fixed: SAI cage/uncage lever animation. To cage the SAI it must be pulled and rotated.
- Added: AUTO Point Blank designation.
- Added: Special Option: Action/No Action TDC behavior.
- Added: FLIR Hot Spot detector on HUD
- Added: JTAC 9 line CAS brief reception. The brief can be reviewed in the MPCD CAS page.
- Improved: MPCD FLIR page to incorporate Hot Spot Detector cues.
- Improved: Hydra rockets firing logic for single and ripple fire.
- Improved: USS Tarawa Textures
- Improved: KC-130 Lights
- Improved: Exterior lights w/ LODs
- Improved: UFC WOF mode fucntion.
- Improved: VREST page logic
- Improved: TPOD G4 functionality
   a. NWS functionality
   b. Snowplow mode enabled (requires Action/No Action TDC enabled).
   c. SLV VV (slaved to VV) mode enabled
   d. 2D Yardstick circle enabled
- Improved FM
   a. Corrected insufficient drag at negative angles of attack.
   b. Corrected incorrect thrust being generated when engine is windmilling but no combustion.
   c. Improved negative angle of attack dynamics.
- Missions: "Ottoman Courier" campaign updated for 2.7 features, including the clouds.
- Missions: Added completely new Tote Board to all missions.
- Missions: Fixed invalid loads on some Fast Action missions.

HUD Thermal Cuer - Delta T Cuer (not a "hot spot detector"):

JTAC 9-line brief to CAS page:

(continue to style of previous, if Razbam would get the drift....)

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

- Added: Special Option: Action/No Action TDC behavior.

TDC No Action: You only slew the TDC. No target lock is commanded, but a locked spot can be moved.(edited)

TDC Action: You press down the TDC and then slew it. Upon release a target lock is commanded.

[Reasoning]: In order to accommodate people who cannot press down the TDC while slewing, is why this option is not the default.

Does it look that TDC action is defaulted to wrong behavior?

Default being that TDC movement is same as TDC DOWN + movement. 

This is key thing as the TDC slewing (no-action) should move the TV and INS boxes/diamond around the HUD only and stabilized to the measured barometric or radar altitude (or waypoint altitude).  Only after the TDC Down is pressed (TDC Action) should the TV try to acquire a lock, or INS diamond be stabilized to the altimeter measured altitude and angle by the HUD (requiring pilot to keep moving the INS diamond above the target in short moves and waiting between moves to ARBS calculate the slant range to target). 

AV-8B HARRIER INS targeting mode.jpg

The pilot can move the INS designation only inside the HUD area (TAC-000 page: 531, 2-43)

2.4.2 INS Designation. An INS designation is a visual designation requiring the target to be in the HUD TFOV and the INS sensor mode selected.

And about the INS mode moving target designation: TAC-000 page 532, 2-44

In the INS mode, TD slew is limited to the HUD TFOV.

The INS mode is selected with the SSS Forward when the HUD shows a Target Designation (TD) diamond in it that can be moved around inside the HUD Total Field Of View (TFOV) and it is stabilized to measured baro/radar altitude (not to the target altitude) under the aircraft. The INS is moved with the TDC and it has two modes, Action and Non-Action modes that are for Fast and Slow speeds. When the TDC is pressed down (Action mode) the speed is fast. Releasing the TDC Down (action mode) will designate the target to slant range from measured angle from Barometric or Radar based altitude. If the target altitude is different than the measured altitude, there is a altitude difference error and the Target Designation is off by the Slant Range.

The INS mode requires pilot to keep moving the TD diamond over the target and making short stops each time to allow the system calculate the proper slant range by the required corrections, and this way ARBS system can calculate the target true altitude as well.

The Mission Computer (MC) generates the target range and altitude via ARBS information and aircraft speed and altitude.

The DMT/TV or DMT/LST modes are required to accurately calculate target altitude and range, something that INS mode can't provide so well in areas where target altitude is different than aircraft measured ground altitude below aircraft.

And the DMT/TV and DMT/LST has again own modes for TDC Action and TDC Non-Action, that are affected by the Razbam chosen default (TDC Action) mode, as the TDC non-action is key function to accurately use sensors. 

Currently the INS mode can move target designation in any sensor regardless is the TD inside a HUD TFOV. This causes problems that players accidentally use INS mode to move example TPOD or MAP designation while it shouldn't be possible use INS mode to do so. 

Required change (why still can) is that TDC No-Action mode should be default, and not the TDC Action.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Galwran said:

So How will the action/no-action TDC work with an unmodded Hotas Warthog? Can I keep some other button pressed?

I think that you need to first enable the Action/No action real functionality in special tab in aircraft settings, and then you need to have binded the current "TDC Action" to something you want. Then it is about to just press that button as required with or without TDC axis hat.

On 3/29/2021 at 6:15 PM, Fri13 said:

I think that you need to first enable the Action/No action real functionality in special tab in aircraft settings, and then you need to have binded the current "TDC Action" to something you want. Then it is about to just press that button as required with or without TDC axis hat.

yeah but on an unmodded warthog you cannot keep the analog tdc pressed while moving it

2 hours ago, Galwran said:

yeah but on an unmodded warthog you cannot keep the analog tdc pressed while moving it

Yeah but you can bind some other button for the TDC ACTION function. 

The point is, there is likely only the Warthog that has a axis hat that has no depress function. Why it should be default that you have ACTION and NO-ACTION mode enabled because that is anyways the realistic and required feature to be used in whole Harrier, regardless does one has a depress or not in the TDC movement. 

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate the AI JTAC automatically sending you complete CAS briefs, especially because it feels like it's a step closer to what I'd really like to see: Having human JTAC able to work to the same effect.

Right now, human JTACs can send you briefs via the F10 mark points, but that is only coordinates, I'd love to see a way to send in the full brief. We have human JTACs very often in our vWing and I don't usually operate with AI JTACs in general, so this would be a great boost of functionality for me.

• Like 1

Torun_signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else having the problem that the special TDC action /no action option doesn't work all the time? I ticked the option and it worked a few midsions but the last flight It returned to the old behaviour and updates the target when moving TDC without pressing to designte. Even the toggle keybind didn't change the behaviour an looking to my special menue tab the cross is still set.