2 or 3-player Multicrew?

IcedVenom

Hello, I was wondering if the Hind will get 2-player multicrew for pilot and co-pilot, or 3-player multicrew since in the future we will be getting a KORD door gunner with 12.7mm machine gun. Could a third person be here on this gunner position since neither the pilot nor the co-pilot can leave to get into the back gunner from their position, or will it be an AI who will be using this door gunnery position? Thank you!

KORD.jpg

• Like 1

one could even say 4 way multiplayer as 2 door gunners were used on the hind.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

1 hour ago, Rogue Trooper said:

And technically there should be a flight engineer sitting behind the commander, though they never flew with one onboard to avoid adding additional weight

Flight engineer?

Door gunners are all that is needed to ensure the airframe stays fixed as it exits the combat zone. 

🙂

Believe me... it works very well that way.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

3 часа назад, Morrov сказал:

And technically there should be a flight engineer sitting behind the commander, though they never flew with one onboard to avoid adding additional weight

there is no seat begind the commander

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip w/ VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Ace-torq rudder, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip w/ K51 collective base, VPC SharKa-50 Control Panel, Oculus Quest 2 HMD

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 I5-10300H, GTX-1650 4GB, RAM 24GB
ASUS Rog Strix G17 R7 5800H, RTX-3070 8GB, 2k-165Hz, RAM 32GB 

Modules: F-4E Phantom 2, AH-64D Apache, Mi-24P Hind, Mi-8MTV2 w/Ns-430 Navigation Unit, Ka-50 Black Shark 3, F-15E Strike Eagle, Mirage F1, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet w/ SuperCarrier, F-14 A/B Tomcat, JF-17 Thunder, A-10C-2, P-51D, BF-109K-4, Uh-1 Huey, AJS-37 Viggen, M-2000C Mirage, AV-8B Harrier, CASA C-101 Aviojet, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, FC3, CA.

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Caucasus, South Atlantic, Sinai, Normandy 2.0.

How does it work in the Uh-1H? Wasn't that the testbed for the Hind(and new DCS) multicrew? I have that module but never played multicrew in any module.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

13 minutes ago, unknown said:

How does it work in the Uh-1H? Wasn't that the testbed for the Hind(and new DCS) multicrew? I have that module but never played multicrew in any module.

You can jump between copilot and either of the gunners, can't really remember if you can jam 4 people into it

4 minutes ago, Morrov said:

You can jump between copilot and either of the gunners, can't really remember if you can jam 4 people into it

That's how it works in SP(one human player) right? You can jump in any position, but how does it work in MP with more than one player? pilot/co-pilot, pilot/gunner or pilot/co-pilot/gunner?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

vor 9 Minuten schrieb unknown:

That's how it works in SP(one human player) right? You can jump in any position, but how does it work in MP with more than one player? pilot/co-pilot, pilot/gunner or pilot/co-pilot/gunner?

Basically the same, except that the pilot is bound to its position. Once somebody has occupied the pilot position, the others can send a request to join. If accepted, they can change the position as in SP as long as the spot they want to go to isn't occupied by another player.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, unknown said:

The other person can change seats as they see fit (with a big annoying text at the top of the screen telling you whenever they swap positions lol).

I don't have the Huey, only tested it during the free to play periods, but I'm pretty sure you can have 4 people at once in one helo, and if there's an empty spot, one of the people (who are not the pilot) can occupy it at any point.

• Like 1

What I would like to know is how far Eagle is taking the visual aspect of multicrew. If I take the Tomcat for example, the multicrew visual aspect is amazing, you can see the pilot/rio looking around like in real life. And when you compare it to the Huey where the visual aspect consists out of a very basic looking human pilot looking straight ahead, left or right.. When I take someone up I have no idea where exactly he's looking at.

I really hope Eagle will try to surpass HB in this matter.. 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TrumBass said:

there is no seat begind the commander

There is. Specifically, a small cupboard between the crew cabin and the passenger compartment. 🙂 That's where the flight engineer is supposed to sit. I haven't seen any pics of that station, but there's a door behind the pilot's seat, as well as one in the passenger compartment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Ah - but this is the Kord mount... not the window mounted PK guns... and even then, they often would only carry one gunner (who would operate both guns).

Maybe to compensate for the co-pilot not having much to do besides guiding ATGM's, he could just switch between both KORD gunner positions. WIth the Mi-8 however, I hope they give it 3-player multicrew, as that helicopter actually needs more than two players.

• Like 2

18 часов назад, Dragon1-1 сказал:

There is. Specifically, a small cupboard between the crew cabin and the passenger compartment. 🙂 That's where the flight engineer is supposed to sit. I haven't seen any pics of that station, but there's a door behind the pilot's seat, as well as one in the passenger compartment.

No seat here:D
scale_2400

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip w/ VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Ace-torq rudder, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip w/ K51 collective base, VPC SharKa-50 Control Panel, Oculus Quest 2 HMD

Modules: F-4E Phantom 2, AH-64D Apache, Mi-24P Hind, Mi-8MTV2 w/Ns-430 Navigation Unit, Ka-50 Black Shark 3, F-15E Strike Eagle, Mirage F1, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet w/ SuperCarrier, F-14 A/B Tomcat, JF-17 Thunder, A-10C-2, P-51D, BF-109K-4, Uh-1 Huey, AJS-37 Viggen, M-2000C Mirage, AV-8B Harrier, CASA C-101 Aviojet, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, FC3, CA.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:17 AM, Morrov said:

That depends fully if perf is a limit or not.  Not only is the FE a qualified crew member, he is also a qualified engineer and can perform maintenance on the aircraft, especially important when operating forward or unimproved bases. Alas it depends.

5 hours ago, TrumBass said:

No seat here:D
scale_2400

Combat use has seen ammo boxes and crates used as seat...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Baltic Pirate said:

That depends fully if perf is a limit or not.  Not only is the FE a qualified crew member, he is also a qualified engineer and can perform maintenance on the aircraft, especially important when operating forward or unimproved bases. Alas it depends.

We will have to see if they let us load ammunition into the crew compartment and allow us to land out in a field far away from battle to reload before engaging once again. This is a tactic that was used in real life. I am not sure if this feature is currently in the game or not, but it would add a lot to the module if you wouldn't need to go back to your base, and instead just load up extra ammunition for rockets and ATGM's in the back instead of crew.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

This is a tactic that was used in real life.

This is one of those things that made it into western folklore but was never actually done. The conditions in Afghanistan often didn't even allow for a full weapons load to be flown on the hardpoints, let alone reloads in the back.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lucas_From_Hell said:

This is one of those things that made it into western folklore but was never actually done. The conditions in Afghanistan often didn't even allow for a full weapons load to be flown on the hardpoints, let alone reloads in the back.

Any source for that?

Obviously in the highlands on a hot day the helicopter could be quite limited. But some parts of Afghanistan are as low as 600m ASL and can go sub-zero in January (and below minus 20 centigrade at night). This means that the helicopter could lift more than in many parts of the U.S.

Note that, with two crew, no shturms, and 4xUB32 rocket pods with an additional 64 rockets in the cargo compartment the aircraft could carry its full internal fuel load and still be >150kg below its maximum take-off weight (which is actually enough room to put the shturms back on).

I really don't see it as impossible that they created some impromptu forward air reloading points (possibly near allied troops for protection). It is certainly within the capabilities of the helicopter.

P.S. Heck, if it can do it when fully loaded - it could probably also do so in higher/hotter conditions -dropping the shturm and 1/3rds fuel would but it a nice >650kg below MTOW... 

• Like 3

On 3/27/2021 at 7:16 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

Flight Engineer gets mentioned in this video (54:55 aprox.):

28.03.2021 в 14:26, Baltic Pirate сказал:

Flight engineers is prohibited from flying during combat missions.

42 минуты назад, Baltic Pirate сказал:

What country. Mi-24 is operated by numerous countries and I can attest that I have seen FE exit the helicopter after a combat mission. 

In Russian VVS

Edited by TrumBass
  • Like 1