Winwing Orion...ordered

shoovie_groove

I ordered on Thursday and it shipped today (Sat) 👏.  Fedex has an estimated delivery date of Apr 5 to Canada, but it already has a "shipment exception" warning -- it notes that it was picked up after shipping cutoff (on a Sat) so I assume that's what the exception is, but the Fedex site really doesn't explain that well.  I'll be curious to see if that date holds or not, since the Winwing site warning that shipping delays are possible/likely.

It's not a cheap option (esp the shipping!), but I like the buttons they have on the throttle (it's the stuff I actually use, or easily bindable to the stuff I use) rather than things I may only use once per flight.  I'm still contemplating how I'm going to bind everything, but I'm trying to put it out of my mind so I don't have to think about the wait!  Not sure I'm keen on the stick, but I was too impatient to wait for them to sell the throttle separately and the current price discount is pretty good.

The F 18 Is back in  Stock right now for anyone needing don't miss out on the discounted Price guys not sure if this will be the normal price from now on but its well worth it!!     

On 3/27/2021 at 12:53 PM, rob10 said:

I ordered on Thursday and it shipped today (Sat) 👏.  Fedex has an estimated delivery date of Apr 5 to Canada, but it already has a "shipment exception" warning -- it notes that it was picked up after shipping cutoff (on a Sat) so I assume that's what the exception is, but the Fedex site really doesn't explain that well.  I'll be curious to see if that date holds or not, since the Winwing site warning that shipping delays are possible/likely.

It's not a cheap option (esp the shipping!), but I like the buttons they have on the throttle (it's the stuff I actually use, or easily bindable to the stuff I use) rather than things I may only use once per flight.  I'm still contemplating how I'm going to bind everything, but I'm trying to put it out of my mind so I don't have to think about the wait!  Not sure I'm keen on the stick, but I was too impatient to wait for them to sell the throttle separately and the current price discount is pretty good.

Wouldn't worry to much about that if FedEx has bad history of finding your place just set up drop point at a local area near your house, but as for Delivery times dude they are on the ball right now think it took less then week for me to get my first order from them,  An I just placed a order today for the F 18 Tarus+Libra setup and then on the 10th I plan to pick up there Take Off Panel.   

Also guys don't do like I did please and waste your money on the scalper's from FLEABAY and other places just wait for the company itself to sell stock before you pay $600 shipped for a joystick you can get for $350-400 shipped be smart the money you save can buy you a set of nice Rudder Pedals from MFG Crosswinds, Vkb, Virpil  or even one of the bigger boys Slaw Devices or Thrustmaster TPR Pedals just my opinion.    End the end of my experience of buying from a scalper I had to send the product back and wait a month for my money to be return because the seller tried to fight the return save yourself the headache.

Well I was excited this morning when it was out for delivery, but unfortunately I didn't read close enough and realize that it was only 2 of the 4 boxes that had been released for delivery and of course they were the joystick (the part I didn't care about 🙁).  Was looking pretty good, 6 days from order to delivered to Canada.  Not sure if it's a Fedex holdup or a customs hold up 🤔

21 hours ago, rob10 said:

Well I was excited this morning when it was out for delivery, but unfortunately I didn't read close enough and realize that it was only 2 of the 4 boxes that had been released for delivery and of course they were the joystick (the part I didn't care about 🙁).  Was looking pretty good, 6 days from order to delivered to Canada.  Not sure if it's a Fedex holdup or a customs hold up 🤔

same for me. got the joy on tuesday, but receive the throttles and the combat panel today !!!!

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

4 hours ago, FZG_Immel said:

same for me. got the joy on tuesday, but receive the throttles and the combat panel today !!!!

I would like to call you bad names currently 🙂 (mine missed getting on the delivery truck by a couple of hours today, so I'm stuck waiting till Monday 🤬) but congrats, enjoy it!

Edited by rob10

I ordered the Orion on April 1st. Got the Joystick and throttle base on Monday April 5th. Got the Throttle F18 handles today 4/8 and the F18 joystick handle should be here tomorrow the 9th.  Strange thing, everything was shipped the same day and time. They all got to Indiana the same day. But left Indiana at different times. FedEx must love to scatter shit out.

Edited by DblGonzo

On 4/9/2021 at 12:45 AM, DblGonzo said:

FedEx must love to scatter shit out.

FedEx doesn't have their act together for combined shipments. I learned to avoid them at all costs!

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

11 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

FedEx doesn't have their act together for combined shipments. I learned to avoid them at all costs!

Well it is Saturday and the F18 joystick handle is still not here and the tracking will not give me an estimated delivery date. It left Nashville yesterday morning and has not checked in since.

• 8 months later...

As far as profiles, I just found this and haven't tried it yet, but if you launch SimAppPro, log in and click on the Key Binding Tab, there are profiles that have been loaded to their cloud, for all the modules from DCS.  Neat feature!

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

• 5 months later...

It's called having patience. You will receive it!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir