Axis bind for rotaries (lights, course, ..)

MirabelleBenou

Ok, I found the button lines in Default.lua, but well, I didn't know how to use this info to add new axis command in the file :

{pressed = device_commands.Button_130, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_pressed = -1, name = _('Instrument lighting Decrease')..' '..rearCptSuffix, category = {_('Illumination'), _('Rear Cockpit')}},
{pressed = device_commands.Button_130, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_pressed = 1, name = _('Instrument lighting Increase')..' '..rearCptSuffix, category = {_('Illumination'), _('Rear Cockpit')}},

{pressed = device_commands.Button_128, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_pressed = -1, name = _('Console integral lighting Decrease')..' '..rearCptSuffix, category = {_('Illumination'), _('Rear Cockpit')}},
{pressed = device_commands.Button_128, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_pressed = 1, name = _('Console integral lighting Increase')..' '..rearCptSuffix, category = {_('Illumination'), _('Rear Cockpit')}},

I tried to get some inspiration in similar topik for A-10C II or Mi-8, but well, not so much luck until now.

If anyone, or a dev, can help, that would be greatly appreciated ^^

Thanks !

• Like 1

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

• 5 months later...

Just added a bunch of axis binds to the keybinds project. I'll go through the button binds sometime in the next few weeks and see what I can add on that front (a few other modules I want to update first)

+ Many of the binds are for a range of 0 to 1 (vs a default axis operating from -1 to 1), so some axis tuning will be required. Volume and lights knobs, for examples.

+ Some of the binds (like Course and Heading) are relative.. and will need heavy axis tuning to be usable (like Y-Sat around 5, and deadzone of 10 or 20).

+ I removed the CC's gunsight filter from my code commit as I didn't notice it doing anything. Should I add it back in?

Here's what I ended up with.. basically what Desert Fox had plus some that were in the clickable_common file shared between the CC and EB.

CC: https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/blob/main/InputCommands/C-101/Input/C-101CC/joystick/default.lua

EB: https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/blob/main/InputCommands/C-101/Input/C-101EB/joystick/default.lua

(files formatted for use with Quaggles Mod)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1