Suggestion for new airfield on Normandy Map

philstyle

Would it be possible to have Dinan-Trélivan added to the normandy map i the south west. It would be in Grid WU76.

Below is a screenshot from a description of this afield, including lat/ long.

TzN2XMS.png

Next image is the approx location on the Normandy map:
J5s2akL.png

Edited by philstyle
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• 1 month later...

This would be an excellent addition

• Like 2

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

I will mention it to the team, but can make no promises.

thanks

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I will mention it to the team, but can make no promises.

thanks

Is the Ugra team willing to invest any time at all into improving the Normandy map?

If yes, what time frame are we talking about?

There are so many open issues for this map and no feedback at all from the devs. This is not a situation that feels appropriate for neither ED nor the users who bought the map unfortunately.

At least updating us on the feedback you received when you mentioned it would be nice. Or any information about how you mention it.... do you open a ticket? 

• Like 2

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

On 3/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, philstyle said:

Would it be possible to have Dinan-Trélivan added to the normandy map i the south west. IT would be in Grid WU76.

Yes, this would add so much to this map, and let us push the datelines out more too. It may seem like "just one airfield", but the location makes it a very important change.

Thanks @BIGNEWYfor raising this on our behalf with the ED/Ugra team.

Edited by xvii-Dietrich
  • Like 4

I would love to see this being added!

• Like 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
2 minutes ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

Did you mention this to the team?  What was their response?

thanks

The suggestion was passed to the Ugra team, but I have nothing else to share sorry 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 6/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, BIGNEWY said:

The suggestion was passed to the Ugra team, but I have nothing else to share sorry 

If I had a customer who "suggested" I do some work (that went beyond agreed contract), I'd probably not do it.
I think we are requesting a purchase order.
Alternatively, if ED are not willing to put out a specific order for this work, maybe ask Ugra for a quote and get back to me with the price.

Edited by philstyle
  • Like 12

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/