Winwing Template (Button layout)

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a winwing (super taurus & super libra) so I am trying to find a layout picture but I have no luck up till now. I did find settings file but none include a picture of the assigned functions. I really need this (I am fairly new to DCS) to learn what everything does.

Suggestions ?

Thanks,

J  

Edited by BigBen_JM
spelling

It won't have anything assigned to start (barring the usual DCS assigning axis settings possibly).  I'd recommend looking at Chuck's guide or other sources for how they suggest setting it up (won't be exactly the same since different buttons than the Warthog, but it will give you a starting point of what's likely important) and then tweaking to fit your needs.  IMHO the original IRL setting were probably (largely) done the way they were for a reason so it's a good starting point, but I have mine changed around to what buttons I feel I need/use more.  Unless you're going for hardcore realism set up the basics, add as you learn systems and don't be afraid to rearrange as you get farther into it.

ok thanks, I think I did not make clear enough what I am looking for. I am looking for a graphical representation of the joystick so I can fill in the function I assigned. With my current thrustmaster setup I look a lot at the picture with all functions assigned to the buttons so I know what is what.

Edited by BigBen_JM

• BigBen_JM changed the title to Winwing Template (Button layout)
On 3/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, Topo said:

Did you look in the manual?

If I remember correctly, there should be a chapter dedicated to the hotas, with some images ...

Maybe this is what you were/are looking for - or is close enough to get you pointed in the correct direction...?

Neither of these are my documents, and I do not own them.  All credit goes to the creators of these, not me.

Cheers,

Ziptie

FA18C_HOTAS.png

Hornet HOTAS Guide.pdf

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Are you looking for something like this?

Hornet.jpg.b40cffebf402f3402993546b448a1457.jpg

I've got a bunch, you can find the link in my signature. That's the TM Hornet stick. I don't know anyone with WinWing gear, but the stick will be similar except for the roller switch I think. 

Edited by Bunny Clark

• 11 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 7:36 AM, Bunny Clark said:

If you're willing to take some photos and answer some questions, I'd be happy to work with you to draw one.

Hey Bunny,

I love the look and simplicity of your template and I'm looking for one for both the Super Libra and Super Taurus. Did you ever get those reference photos from BigBen? If not I can provide them for you.

Regards,

Tromac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]