RAZBAM 2021 Q2 Update

RAZBAM_ELMO

RAZBAM SIMULATIONS Q2 UPDATE

Hello everyone, we at RAZBAM hopes that this finds you all in good health and spirits as we round the next corner in this global pandemic. It has been a hot minute since the last update and all parties everywhere have been hard at work churning out work for you all to enjoy. We will start with our released modules and then work into the WIP of our announced projects leading into Q2. First, I would like to apologize for my absence the last two weeks as I have been in the middle of a posting move. Mid way through April I will be absent again as I will be “traveling” for “work”. Thus, I would like to introduce to you our Assistant Community Manger myHelljumper. myHelljumper has done an excellent job in reporting new and existing bugs in the Mirage forums and will be assisting me in tracking/ reporting bugs for all our existing and future modules.

AV8BNA Harrier

A lot of new features are coming along for our beloved VTOL platform along with various fixes and improvements. Of note some of the additions are:

-          Auto Point-Blank Designation

-          FLIR Hotspot Detector

-          G4 Pod features like the 2D Yardstick circle, snowplow and TDC action/ no action. These last two are only able to be used by selecting the option in the special tab. If you do not select this option the specials tab, the TDC will perform as it always has but you will not be able to use these new features.

-          NWS functions which depending on your mode can cycle between MAP DES, TRK DES, SLV DES, HUD DES, TPOD DES and SNWPLW.

-          WOF UFC Function

-          JTAC CAS MPCD CAS page reception allowing you to receive 9-line briefs directly to the Cas page rather than entering them in manually.

A more detailed list and instructions will follow and be present in the Harrier sub-forums.

Mirage 2000-C

With our new full-time coder working diligently with our partners in the AdA, I will let him explain the new features he has been implementing.

The next update will see some big changes for our Mirage. In the last few months, we mainly worked on the INS system, the PCN panel, the VTH (HUD), the autopilot and the fuel system and panel. These improvements and their full descriptions can be found in the Mirage sub-forum. These improvements include:

-          Fuel System and Panel

-          VTH

-          INS and PCN

-          Autopilot

As this update is changing a lot, be sure to disable all your mods before updating and to activate them only when they are updated by their maker to avoid any problem.

These are the main changes that we have done to the Mirage for the next update, as you will see in the changelog there are also a lot of other smaller improvements and fixes. We hope your pilots like it.

MiG-19 Farmer

Yes, the beloved -19 is getting some more work done, while not as extensive a lot is adjusting the missing or non-functioning key binds. This work is being done by a new support coder. This simple work will help them get up to speed on the SDK and working within DCS code so that we have better support in the long term with existing and future modules.

F-15E Strike Eagle

Work has partially resumed on the code side of the Mudhen, but the 3D work is in its final stages with our 3D artist making sure every square inch is looked over for inaccuracies and flaws.

image_2021_03_23T01_32_26_524Z.png

image_2021_03_23T01_33_12_435Z.png

image_2021_03_22T01_12_43_428Z.png

image_2021_03_22T01_09_52_208Z.pngimage_2021_02_26T22_38_08_229Z.png

image_2021_03_24T22_49_31_840Z.png

MiG-23 MLA Flogger

With the external 3D model complete, the cockpit is the next on the list with our 3D scans of a real -23 being used as the basis. Work remains on track for our internal timelines.

CPT_WIP01.jpg

23_cockpit_2.jpg

23_cockpit_1.jpg

CPT_WIP02.jpg

km1m_3.jpg

km1m_2.jpg

km1m_1.jpg

MBB Bo-105

Ext_7.jpg

With 2021 looking to be the year of the helicopter, our work on the BO-105 continues to drive forward. Systems complete or near completion include:

-          Electrical system

-          Engine cold start

-          UHF, VHF-FM, VHF-AM, and intercom

-          Hydraulics system

-          RWR

While functional some aspects still need work such as the flight model, optical sight system and doppler navigation system. Items still requiring major work include the weapons system, automatic yaw control IFF and of course multicrew. We do not have a release date to hand out publicly yet but you know, its soon.

Ext_6.jpg

Ext_5.jpg

Ext_4.jpg

Ext_3.jpg

Ext_2.jpg

Ext_1.jpg

CPit_1.jpg

CPit_2.jpg

CPit_3.jpg

CPit_4.jpg

CPit_5.jpg

Secret Module

In darkest days, in blackest nights…… ha, and you guys thought I’d give you a Little hint. You’re funny.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 10

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I know that if there were some ETA in your WIP module, you would already have sad it but...is it possible to at least know in witch year do you think they should be ready?
You think you will be releasing something in 2021 or probably not?
Also, is it possible to have some "order" in witch you think you will release your 3 new modules? As I supposed you wont launch them all together.
So we know at least really roughly what to expect.
Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

These last two are only able to be used by selecting the option in the special tab. If you do not select this option the specials tab, the TDC will perform as it always has but you will not be able to use these new features.

Why has it to be enabled in the special tab? Is that an optional functionality in the real jet as well (how does it work IRL)?

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

33 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Why has it to be enabled in the special tab? Is that an optional functionality in the real jet as well (how does it work IRL)?

I assume it's due to the fact some user's HOTAS's TDC don't have the ability to hold button and slew at the same time.

• Like 3

Was hoping there might have been some South Atlantic news 😉 especially after the mouth-watering Tactical Pascale video 👍

Probably looking forward to this map as much as any aircraft modules (and with the Mossie inbound, that really is saying something 😮)

• Like 1

f-117 nighthawk or uh-60 blackhawk?

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

4 minutes ago, Fisherman82 said:

Could the big L on "Little hint" be another clue? A black Little-Bird is what im thinking eventhough I heard its not possible due to classification..

Type it into google..
THen follow the film to the plane chase..

6 hours ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Secret Module

In darkest days, in blackest nights…… ha, and you guys thought I’d give you a Little hint. You’re funny.

Eb3Cs07WkAEgz5Y.jpg

• Like 3

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

I wish you would give more love to the MiG-19P... I remember you guys saying that you want to give us a MiG-19S version eventually. I hope that is still on the table. It desperately needs to be brought out of early access, and I don't mean just changing the status from early access to released.

13 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

I assume it's due to the fact some user's HOTAS's TDC don't have the ability to hold button and slew at the same time.

Oh, it's a hold down and slew functionality like on the Hornet HOTAS? That's not really evident from Elmo's description (to me at least).

In that case it makes sense to make this feature optional, like in the Hornet. Thanks! :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sekrit module 😄 ? It is obvious - M2000-5... in two weeksTM.. be sure 🙂 .

Looking at the F-15E screenshots, I have a question on more serios note - is there a plan to overhaul external model of M2000 in the future, similar to what was done with cockpit?

O.