RAZBAM 2021 Q2 Update

RAZBAM_ELMO

3 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

I love it. It would be double nice if we could get a proper LSO. 

Let's see what nice thing ED gets with their Super Carrier as I believe lot of things are required to be developed in that side first. Like all the deck crew movements and guidance systems for pilots etc. Get the decks "living" by default and get the logic systems for proper process recover aircraft etc automatically. 

Like isn't the ultimate goal be that one can just drop the carrier on mission editor and have it populated properly with just one tick, and then spawn aircraft on it or come to landing and have deck work correctly without requirement to set all elements and their tasks?

The Harrier is very unique aircraft considering how it opens up different operational capabilities in DCS.

The M2000C is fresh air for the common BLUE | RED sides like the Viggen is. And it is great to see AdA to guide Razbam how to fix and and improve it as they benefit from it for their training purposes. It could be good idea to focus all effort first for M2KC to get it done and then maybe on next year or year after that get the Harrier completed when major new works are done like FLIR, Weather engine etc.

Razbam has still lot to do for their three primary modules, M2000C, AV-8B N/A and MiG-19P. 

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:32 AM, Jackjack171 said:

Is it me or does hovering to land in the Harrier feel more of a skill set than trapping on a carrier? 

Well, they're different, anyway, for sure. I would say the biggest differences are having to match speed with the ship, and as opposed to slamming down on the deck, you have to set a Harrier down gently, but not TOO gently and try to avoid accidentally rolling into a parked plane.

14 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Hovering in Harrier is super easy. It is easier than doing it in KA-50, and a lot easier than any conventional helicopter.

The Harrier vs a helo, as far as hovering, they're similar in principle, but in particular, it's a lot easier to lose control of the Harrier than a helo. An aggressive bank in a helo isn't that big a deal, but the Harrier can't right itself if you overcorrect, the RCS thrusters are for fine adjustments only. The turbofans are not as fast to respond to input changes as the rotors on a helo are, either. So, IF you screw up, it's harder to recover from it before hitting the ground than in a helo. On the other hand, you don't have VRS.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Mars Exulte said:

The Harrier vs a helo, as far as hovering, they're similar in principle, but in particular, it's a lot easier to lose control of the Harrier than a helo. An aggressive bank in a helo isn't that big a deal, but the Harrier can't right itself if you overcorrect, the RCS thrusters are for fine adjustments only. The turbofans are not as fast to respond to input changes as the rotors on a helo are, either. So, IF you screw up, it's harder to recover from it before hitting the ground than in a helo. On the other hand, you don't have VRS.

Yes, IF you screw up with controls the Harrier for unrecoverable state, it is then unrecoverable. But it is easier with Harrier to come to stop, rotate around, adjust altitude and position than with a helicopter. And because the Harrier doesn't react strongly to small inputs, it is easier to keep it steady and do as wanted. It is as well said that the Pegasus engine has great responsiveness for the throttle. And in Harrier it is so as you need to be careful with the throttle movements as it reacts very quickly and jumps up in the air with small overcontrol. In helicopters that is lagging behind. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mars Exulte said:

Well, they're different, anyway, for sure. I would say the biggest differences are having to match speed with the ship, and as opposed to slamming down on the deck, you have to set a Harrier down gently, but not TOO gently and try to avoid accidentally rolling into a parked plane.

It took me 6 months to hover and land correctly (the witches hat is my friend). Mainly because I have too many modules. I've decided to concentrate on only one and that's the AV-8B. That and I love air-to-ground more than air-to-air and the Harrier fits. The flexibility in the Harrier for a wide range of missions is all the rage. I also discovered the freeware Juan Carlos; it's really nice! 

I have dreams of a radar bird one day (can I say that here)! HA!

• Like 2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

27 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

It took me 6 months to hover and land correctly (the witches hat is my friend). Mainly because I have too many modules.

That's a problem I have, too 😃 It's hard to focus on any one thing. I have spent more time learning the Harrier and Ka-50 than anything else.

I've decided to concentrate on only one and that's the AV-8B. That and I love air-to-ground more than air-to-air and the Harrier fits.

It's a pretty flexible aircraft, and very capable, I really enjoyed it. It can do a bit of everything. I used to dogfight a lot in WWII sims, do in DCS I'm biased toward A2G which I never really messed with as much. Imo, it's a lot more varied as to what you get to do and have to respond to.

I'm thinking about the Jf-17 or F-16, but the F-18 gets to use the Supercarrier =p Ahhh, decisions decisions. I remember back when we only had like 3-4 choices. This is a good problem to have =D

• Like 2

It took me 6 months to hover and land correctly (the witches hat is my friend). Mainly because I have too many modules. I've decided to concentrate on only one and that's the AV-8B.

I have a principle that I fly one month the chosen module. Instead hopping in/out on multiple one.

That and I love air-to-ground more than air-to-air and the Harrier fits. The flexibility in the Harrier for a wide range of missions is all the rage.

IMHO Harrier is best ground pounder there is. It mission capabilities and the systems to support that is just well concentrated. 

I also discovered the freeware Juan Carlos; it's really nice! 

What you mean with that?

Razbam promised to make a AV-8B+ once ED completes the Hornet A-G radar....

I have the quotation for that somewhere too.

The + was first suggested it would come as additional to N/A owners, but later I think Razbam decided that it would be fully own $79 module.

Considering it is mainly nose reshape (DMT off, NFLIR reposition, Radar In) a hornet radar MFCD pages and new throttle with couple extra buttons, it is fairly small change considering while product. After all they are so similar that official manuals are same and they just mention if there are differences between variants (Day-time, N/A and Radar). Main difference is really the radar operation like in Hornet.

THat AV-8B+ would make it less capable for A-G pounding but open up a totally new Air-Air combat options and means to perform a air patrols and ground attack missions in enemy airspace.

It could become shocking to Hornet pilots that there would be a challenger for subsonic AMRAAM carrier (As Hornet doesn't get Supersonic either with few bombs and missiles).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

I have a principle that I fly one month the chosen module. Instead hopping in/out on multiple one.

IMHO Harrier is best ground pounder there is. It mission capabilities and the systems to support that is just well concentrated. 

What you mean with that?

Razbam promised to make a AV-8B+ once ED completes the Hornet A-G radar....

I have the quotation for that somewhere too.

The + was first suggested it would come as additional to N/A owners, but later I think Razbam decided that it would be fully own $79 module.

Considering it is mainly nose reshape (DMT off, NFLIR reposition, Radar In) a hornet radar MFCD pages and new throttle with couple extra buttons, it is fairly small change considering while product. After all they are so similar that official manuals are same and they just mention if there are differences between variants (Day-time, N/A and Radar). Main difference is really the radar operation like in Hornet.

THat AV-8B+ would make it less capable for A-G pounding but open up a totally new Air-Air combat options and means to perform a air patrols and ground attack missions in enemy airspace.

It could become shocking to Hornet pilots that there would be a challenger for subsonic AMRAAM carrier (As Hornet doesn't get Supersonic either with few bombs and missiles).

The Juan Carlos L61, is the Spanish LHD. There is a freeware Mod in the mods section. I found out about it after watching someone's YouTube videos. I don't think I can link YT videos here but the name is Desdemicabina simulation.
LHD JUAN CARLOS I (L61) MOD - DCS Mods - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

The Juan Carlos L61, is the Spanish LHD. There is a freeware Mod in the mods section. I found out about it after watching someone's YouTube videos. I don't think I can link YT videos here but the name is Desdemicabina simulation.

Thanks, looks great what they have done. Gotta place on the download line once getting front of the computer.

Will be interesting to take-off from a ramp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jackjack171 said:

Cool 😃

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Thanks, looks great what they have done. Gotta place on the download line once getting front of the computer.

Will be interesting to take-off from a ramp.

It is different, but not bad! I'm all for USA this or that but Spanish Ops are alright! There's less deck space but the same principles apply. I'm having trouble getting the TACAN set for it but I've day CQ'd it and love it. The night lighting looks good!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

The night lighting looks good!

Yeah, here waiting Razbam to get their map out and get more of the different mission types out from those ships. A proper FLIR from ED and Harrier N/A will become better. 

• Like 3

For a tiny studio, you fellas take on waaaaaaay too many projects! Seriously, you'd really be well advised to trim things back a bit so as to get these projects out the door far sooner. 
It would be great if you put a bit more emphasis on the Mig-23, as we already have buckets of Western aircraft, there's already an F-15 (Sure, it's not full fidelity, but it's there nonetheless.)
And a Turboprop? Really? C'mon! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dfreeze25 said:

For a tiny studio, you fellas take on waaaaaaay too many projects! Seriously, you'd really be well advised to trim things back a bit so as to get these projects out the door far sooner. 
It would be great if you put a bit more emphasis on the Mig-23, as we already have buckets of Western aircraft, there's already an F-15 (Sure, it's not full fidelity, but it's there nonetheless.)
And a Turboprop? Really? C'mon! 

A Turboprop with professional contract with a air force..... as ED with others modules.

• Like 2

He has a point though - RB have announced ~15 modules as being "worked on". That is nowhere near a reasonable number for even ED themselves, never mind a smaller team.
Worked on on your Mallory by 3D modelers, 5-6 by coders, and someone's by "militar" contract (M2000, Av8B, Tucano......), ED has x3, x4..... That quantity.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

The thing you have to understand with Razbam is that its not juts the core team.

Razbam gives a chance to all of those who have a half cooked project and needs a hand with something in particular or a delivering platform.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not associated to Razbam its only  my personal analysis)

SO:

Core:

- Mirage 2000 (military contract)

- Av8B 

- F-15E

Teams that got offered help :

- Mig 19 (delivered) and mig 23 (done by Over Startos )

- Tucano (government contract Also a separate team form the core.

- IA 58 Pucara - Argentinian Lad, also different form OverStratos, or Tucano.

- Bo 105 Merged with original Team that came for help to Razbam...

- South Atlantic - Another separate group from the core members, doing their own thing.

Edited by Baco
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, durka-durka said:

I really wish that F-15E would release.  

Based on the Dev Report:

Work has partially resumed on the code side of the Mudhen, but the 3D work is in its final stages”

That feels like years rather than months...

TBH neither the F-15E or the Apache really generate any enthusiasm for me... spent too long flying both in previous sims

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Based on the Dev Report:

Work has partially resumed on the code side of the Mudhen, but the 3D work is in its final stages”

That feels like years rather than months...

TBH neither the F-15E or the Apache really generate any enthusiasm for me... spent too long flying both in previous sims

Although I flew Flaming Cliffs what...10yrs ago maybe? I'm relatively new to DCS.  I do believe an updated F-15E with clickable cockpit and all the other goodies would be an insta-buy for me.  I'm enjoying the F-16, but I imagine the Mudhen would be top tier.  I honestly highly doubt if it will ever come out.

RZB could really use some lessons on the maximum effective timing for distributing hype when it comes to human psychology.  

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

On 4/11/2021 at 10:46 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

A Turboprop with professional contract with a air force..... as ED with others modules.

This is DCS, not real life. How useful do you honestly believe a Turboprop is going to be in DCS?
Go into an MP server with a Turboprop and watch yourself get wrecked! Okay, so maybe someone would enjoy some SP CAS missions, and would benefit from the slow speed and loiter time afforded to a Turboprop, the fact is, Razbam has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many projects in the oven. I work in game development, so I have probably a better idea of what is a reasonable number of active projects for a studio to be actively engaged in and trust me, having over 10 active projects for a studio the size of Razbam  is insane! Especially when one considers the limited amount of resources they're reasonably likely to be able to be able to marshal both in terms of manpower and monetary resources. With all that in mind, a turboprop seems to me to be even more superfluous. 

1 hour ago, dfreeze25 said:

This is DCS, not real life. How useful do you honestly believe a Turboprop is going to be in DCS?
Go into an MP server with a Turboprop and watch yourself get wrecked! Okay, so maybe someone would enjoy some SP CAS missions, and would benefit from the slow speed and loiter time afforded to a Turboprop, the fact is, Razbam has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many projects in the oven. I work in game development, so I have probably a better idea of what is a reasonable number of active projects for a studio to be actively engaged in and trust me, having over 10 active projects for a studio the size of Razbam  is insane! Especially when one considers the limited amount of resources they're reasonably likely to be able to be able to marshal both in terms of manpower and monetary resources. With all that in mind, a turboprop seems to me to be even more superfluous. 

-The ww2 prop aircrafts or a 2nd of 3rd gen aircraft or a COIN or a trainer aircraft has a waste of time?
-How many projecs do you think ED has building? 1-2? has more project buildind as RAZBAM (+10) and on pararell, check 2021 Roadmap and not include the "profesional" market (yes, ED and 3rd parties work with profesional / military market). That is not a AirQuake, has simulate the reality, on Air, Land and Sea from 10 years ago.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

• ED Team

For those who say it wont fit in DCS 

Its not all about competitive gameplay every time, for some of us it is about the aircraft. 

If you dont like an aircraft dont buy it, its that simple. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

19 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

For those who say it wont fit in DCS 

Its not all about competitive gameplay every time, for some of us it is about the aircraft. 

If you dont like an aircraft dont buy it, its that simple. 

That  being said...that is why I thoroughly enjoy the Yak-52 and my long lasting wish is to have some of the warbirds and MiG-15 in modern, restored civilian version with removed gunsights and modernish radio/nav equipment.

• Like 4