NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

28 minutes ago, j9murphy said:

I can confirm that works very well with the Odyssey Plus headset:)  I'm using these settings from the post above..  Is there someway to add the mod that changes shape of the windows being drawn for VR?

what do you mean? the Kegety's shader mod  ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It should do,it doesn’t change anything that I.C checks (I think) but it would take about 5 seconds for you to check...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Just tested this out with my G2 and I set the sharpen to .9 and sharpen intensity to 1.5 and the game looks way better. The cockpit text is far more clear then it was before. I run the G2 at 100% SS and then 16x AF in game with no MSAA or SSAA, blur or SSLR and shadows at low. The shimmer is still there but the color difference helps in a way along with the sharpen effect. When on the ground and turning the effect on and off it is like removing dirty glasses and you can actually see detail in the concrete etc.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

59 minutes ago, Skwirl865 said:

Does anybody know it if passes integrity check in multiplayer servers?

Works fine in mp. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I do notice a lot of shimmer or flashing effect over the city areas with it on. The shimmer gets worse around buildings.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

19 hours ago, BMGZ06 said:

I do notice a lot of shimmer or flashing effect over the city areas with it on. The shimmer gets worse around buildings.

I also see this.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

19 hours ago, BMGZ06 said:

The flashing comes and goes for me. Have seen it a couple times lately after tweaking sharpness. 

Usually resolves by defaulting the install... now, I'll leave well enough alone 😬

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

1 minute ago, j9murphy said:

Exactly, specifically the render mask.  Is there a mod for a render mask out there that would work with this?

they are two separate mods doing different things, but they work together 

Now this was a surprise. Not that I don't trust you guys.... but sometimes there's a lot "work" for very little impact on anything in DCS or any other flight sim for that matter. Different drivers, nvidia cpl settings, hags on or off, but oh wait, that was with another driver, now back to that other driver and so on... and now this...

All I did was to download that zip file from Github, put the files into bin folder. I increased the sharpening to 1.2 in the control panel for this mod while in 2D. But then later on VR - Wow! That as a very nice upgrade, sharper!  Things just pop out more. Also I would like to add that I don't like to play around too much with mods and such in my games. But this was worth it, and really, not that complicated either. Thanks guys!

Oh, not sure what my signature says these days. But I have I9 9900k@ 5Ghz, 32gb ram, RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2. And I didn't notice any fps impact. Don't think the shimmering got any worse either. If so, my brain adjusted to it rather quickly and appreciated the increased sharpness and pop instead. 🙂

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

I just can't seem to bring myself to doing it. Especially with 2.7 about to drop.

Guess if I don't see it I don't know what I am missing lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

17 minutes ago, dburne said:

I just can't seem to bring myself to doing it. Especially with 2.7 about to drop.

It's so easy to try it though! And then you will be a believer 🙂 

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Why not??

All you have to do is to copy a few files, put them into DCS bin directory. If you don't like it, or before updating to 2.7, then just click on those files and press delete. And they're gone. They don't change anything. It's like putting something into MSFS 2020 /community folder, and then deleting it if you don't like. 

Your loss then 😉 I was a sceptic too, like I said in my previous post. This mod certainly helps for overall sharpness, and bein able to detect things on the ground too 🙂 

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

Or, as has been said a zillion times, use a mod manager like Open Mod Manager and it takes under a second to install or uninstall!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Its like sex buddy, once you have had it the once, there aint no going back  lol

its only 5 files that will transform the game for you, easy peasy to delete 5 files

go on test it, you must want too or why are you here darling,,

go on it will take you 5 minutes to test

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dburne said:

You have all ready taken the Red pill you just need another.

Edited by freehand

55 minutes ago, Peedee said:

This mod certainly helps for overall sharpness, and bein able to detect things on the ground too

I have come to realize THIS is the biggest benefit to me. I can see a column of arty moving down a road in Syria from MILES out.

Edited by Sr.
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

2 hours ago, dburne said:

It's very unlikely 2.7 would break this mod unless ED makes significant changes to how the rendering pipeline works.

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Or, as has been said a zillion times, use a mod manager like Open Mod Manager and it takes under a second to install or uninstall!

But that's not just point and click. You have to know the directory structure of DCS, have to know which files go where, have to know how to set up the mod manager so that the correct mod goes into the correct folder. If then the mods itself are half finished without a decent folder structure in them they simply don't work if you yourself don't know where the stuff needs to go. So no... it's not always point and click. Not for everyone.

Like these need to go into the bin folder in the DCS root folder for it to work. Mod managers don't do that for you if you don't tell it to do.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

12 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

But that's not just point and click. You have to know the directory structure of DCS, have to know which files go where, have to know how to set up the mod manager so that the correct mod goes into the correct folder. If then the mods itself are half finished without a decent folder structure in them they simply don't work if you yourself don't know where the stuff needs to go. So no... it's not always point and click. Not for everyone.

Like these need to go into the bin folder in the DCS root folder for it to work. Mod managers don't do that for you if you don't tell it to do.

But it is just point and click... once you drop it in JSGME or similar. Nothing hard about that.

This is probably the easiest  mod to use I’ve seen whether you just drop it in the bin or use something like JSGME. 

@dburne This will still be needed after 2.7.  Nothing in 2.7 will have this effect. 

Can pretty much guarantee that you will like what you see. You may even say Wow! I can see clearly now... the fog is gone.   So much easier on the eyes.

Attached is a Zip file containing the mod already set up for JSGME. Just drop it in your _Mods folder and enable it in JSGME.  Too easy. Once you get it in...when in DCS toggle it on and off with the "end" key and you can see the difference.

The settings in the ReshadePreset File are a good starting point: 

PreprocessorDefinitions=
Techniques=VRSharpenColor@VR_CAS_Color.fx
TechniqueSorting=VRSharpenColor@VR_CAS_Color.fx

[VR_CAS_Color.fx]
Brightness=0.999000
CA Contrast=0.700000
Contrast=1.001000
MaxDelta=0.100000
Saturation=1.100000
Sharpening=1.800000

<S>

ReshadeVR.zip

Edited by MegOhm_SD
added JSGME Mod file
  • Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hey guys, just to confirm... this will not work in Rift-S without steam? I have a Rift-S and tried it out, I see changes only on the 2D window but nothing within the headset.

Just want to confirm I am not doing anything wrong. 

Cheers

7700K GTX1080 32GB Rift-S

5 hours ago, MegOhm_SD said:

But it is just point and click... once you drop it in JSGME or similar. Nothing hard about that.

This is probably the easiest  mod to use I’ve seen whether you just drop it in the bin or use something like JSGME.

No it's not, the original zip from Github does not contain the correct directory structure. So it does NOT work out of the box with whatever mod manager. If you use that one, the files are dropped into the DCS main root folder where they do nothing.

Your version works straight away.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

9 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

No it's not, the original zip from Github does not contain the correct directory structure. So it does NOT work out of the box with whatever mod manager. If you use that one, the files are dropped into the DCS main root folder where they do nothing.

Your version works straight away.

LOL...Parsing...I’ll give you that...Touche’

Well if you do that, yes.

But you need to unzip it into the bin folder not the DCS Main Root folder if you are not using a Mod Manager.

<S>

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I appreciate the feedback on this guys, I have always strayed away from Mods in my DCS install and will likely stay that way. But who knows, perhaps someday I will change that.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|