NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

40 minutes ago, imacken said:

If you guys are using a mod manager like Open Mod Manager - the best IMO - here is the version I use with bits from both mods.

VR sharpen color IGM v2.zip 1.56 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks mate, I'll give that a shot!

38 minutes ago, diamond26 said:

Interesting because I thought I was the one with less capable graphic system (RTX2060 mobile 6Gb) and I didn't noticed that. In addition I think they are not that different.

Yeah, what I meant is that I'm running on higher settings so I don't have any frametime drops to play around with, so given I'm on the edge of smooth vs stuttery, it's easy for me to identify the small frametime cost of the sharpener, because I have no overhead. If I don't get the drops with the lite version, then I know it's tuned as well as can be. Once I have everything tuned as effeciently as possible, I'll drop some settings down so that I have some general overhead.

47 minutes ago, imacken said:

If you guys are using a mod manager like Open Mod Manager - the best IMO - here is the version I use with bits from both mods.

VR sharpen color IGM v2.zip 1.56 MB · 3 downloads

It works! Thanks mate, that should help.

May I ask how to install this mod?  Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, imacken said:

VR sharpen color IGM v2.zip 1.56 MB · 38 downloads

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Drop the files in the main installation (not saved games) in the "bin" folder. Then run the game.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Noted with thanks.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Here is my favorite settings after testings (for both VR and flatscreen). This provides moderate increase in sharpness with subtle changes in everything else. I find that the default settings increase contrast too much in VR resulting in loss of definition in dark areas such as cockpit (black level crush).  The clouds still look meh in VR compared to flatscreen version (which is frankly better than MSFS clouds), not sure if it is white crush vs lack of shadow detail or poor rendering resolution in VR. 

I’m using Valve Index at 100% brightness. DCS gamma is at 1.8, 222% SS. 

3548D81B-EED2-44A7-9826-8C95A6F3D46E.jpeg

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

2 hours ago, MiGCap1 said:

Dropped the files of "VR sharpen color IGM v2" in the bin folder.

But nothing opens with "home", whatever I do, in VR mode or with VR mode shut off.

What do I wrong?

Standalone version, no Steam.

Extracted that file, correct?

Could be that you have another function mapped to Home in DCS?

Which VR rig?

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

The menu is is only visible in the 2d mirror in vr

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have been doing a lot of testing today and i will get the results up at some point when I update my updated guide for 2.7.

However the New Universal Shader has quite an impact in performance when compared in an otherwise like for like performance scenario (Motion smoothing off, for the purposes of testing)... with 1.2/0.800 i was getting a 1.2ms GPU frame time hit and about 0.3ms CPU frame time hit  (very similar numbers for performance mode) that's the equivalent of just about 6.6 FPS that you loose because of this, now on my rig that takes me from an average of 82FPS to 75.4, so if you are in Motion smoothing you still have lots of headroom... but "free" it is not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

On 4/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Hi Guys,

I have been doing a lot of testing today and i will get the results up at some point when I update my updated guide for 2.7.

However the New Universal Shader has quite an impact in performance when compared in an otherwise like for like performance scenario (Motion smoothing off, for the purposes of testing)... with 1.2/0.800 i was getting a 1.2ms GPU frame time hit and about 0.3ms CPU frame time hit  (very similar numbers for performance mode) that's the equivalent of just about 6.6 FPS that you loose because of this, now on my rig that takes me from an average of 82FPS to 75.4, so if you are in Motion smoothing you still have lots of headroom... but "free" it is not.  

I tried this out yesterday in multiplayer and didn't see a loss of FPS between on and off or any change in frame time.  I was able to tweak both the in game settings and the shader settings so I could do .1 in PD and gain a few FPS, actually. 

The F14 Cold on the Ramp mission is my go to test mission, was sitting in the low 40s with 2.5, mid 40s with 2.7+shader mod and now upper 40s, low 50s with reshade.  

System is a 9900k@5GHz, 2080 OC'd open loop water cooled,  32gb of 3400mhz DDR4 with DCS on its own NVME drive. No MSAA but 16x AA and low shadows.

Wouldn't mind more FPS because the deck of the SC drops me into the low 30s consistently in MP.

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

were you running with motion smoothing or its equivilients switched on, if so you might not actually see a difference... 

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

were you running with motion smoothing or its equivilients switched on, if so you might not actually see a difference... 

I don't use reprojection or motion smoothing, no.  Disabled in Steam VR, and in the config file for SteamVR for Mixed Reality.

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

On 4/22/2021 at 11:08 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Hi Guys,

Didn't see any regression with the shader. Check it on/off no difference in FPS (Quest2)

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Hi there! 

I just installed this using OVGME. Everything seems to have worked, no crashes on start up, and pressing the home/end keys give the expected result. 

One big problem though: I can only see the effect on my monitor/mirror, and not in my VR headset (Quest 2 over link). 

Does anyone happen to have any suggestions as to why this might be? 

Thanks! 

Edit: Found a dxgi log file, thought I'd attach it here in case it helps. In my completely uneducated opinion, it seems to look ok. No errors...

dxgi.log

Edited by Sandmonkee

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

3 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

One big problem though: I can only see the effect on my monitor/mirror, and not in my VR headset (Quest 2 over link). 

I think you must start DCS in SteamVR mode to use the Universal VR Shader with an oculus visor.

You can use the DXS Updater Utility by Skate Zilla.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:12 PM, Sandmonkee said:

Hi there! 

I just installed this using OVGME. Everything seems to have worked, no crashes on start up, and pressing the home/end keys give the expected result. 

Does anyone happen to have any suggestions as to why this might be? 

Thanks! 

Edit: Found a dxgi log file, thought I'd attach it here in case it helps. In my completely uneducated opinion, it seems to look ok. No errors...

dxgi.log 6.87 kB · 0 downloads

How did you install it with OVGME if you don't mind me asking?

the same way you install any mod to the main game directory with OvGME

58 minutes ago, Miller said:

How did you install it with OVGME if you don't mind me asking?

if you're new to mod managers, more info here:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

10 minutes ago, javelina1 said:

if you're new to mod managers, more info here:

I extracted the ReshadeVR_sharpen_color folder to my mod folders but can't get it to work. I have other mods installed with OVGME but don't know why this one is not working the same way. Will only work with Open Mod Manager?

Edited by Miller

have you checked the install path ?  are the files actually in the right place?  it should be in y our dcs\bin directory . 

I use MODMANFX works fine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miller said:

I extracted the ReshadeVR_sharpen_color folder to my mod folders but can't get it to work. I have other mods installed with OVGME but don't know why this one is not working the same way. Will only work with Open Mod Manager?

which download did you grab?  You're using the Imacken one just a few posts above this? if so, unzip.  Then enter into the "VR sharpen color IGM v2".  You'll see a sub-folder "VR sharpen color IGM v2".  This sub-folder is what you wish to put into you mod directory.  Once you activate this mod, it should place all of the contents into the DCS "bin" sub-directory.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

15 minutes ago, javelina1 said:

which download did you grab?  You're using the Imacken one just a few posts above this? if so, unzip.  Then enter into the "VR sharpen color IGM v2".  You'll see a sub-folder "VR sharpen color IGM v2".  This sub-folder is what you wish to put into you mod directory.  Once you activate this mod, it should place all of the contents into the DCS "bin" sub-directory.

The one from OP. Just tried Imacken's one and that seems to be working. Thanks!

Edited by Miller