NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

Strange - read all your comments and was fixed to give it a try but... no bueno.
I see the changes on my mirror on the desktop, but not in my Rift.
Tried some changes - still nothing visible. So I guess it won´t work with a Rift 1?!

This has added a lot of clarity for me with minimal perf impact. I don’t notice anymore shimmering than normal but definitely notice more clarity. No MSAA, PD 1.0, SVR 180%, shared parser=true. 

original odyssey

i7 7820hk @ 4.3Ghz

32GB Ram

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

10 hours ago, Michi.G85 said:

Strange - read all your comments and was fixed to give it a try but... no bueno.
I see the changes on my mirror on the desktop, but not in my Rift.
Tried some changes - still nothing visible. So I guess it won´t work with a Rift 1?!

Did you use Skatezilla's Updater Utility to switch to the OpenComposite API? 

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

19 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

@diamond26: your link point to itself.

@Gogojuice: since it runs in 2D, the shader installation is OK.

To make it work in the Oculus, easiest way is to install Skatezilla's Updater Utility (very handy tool), go into the app settings tab, look for VR Interface settings, Redering driver should point to Oculus API. Here, click the browse button on the SteamVR Client and point it to the openVR API in your OpenComposite dir. Once this is done, change the redering driver to SteamVR API. Start DCS and it should work (it did for me), use the same keyboard controls as in 2D to toggle the render on/off.

image.png

Thank you so much for trying to help me.  Unfortunately.. I'm still a no go.  I do believe that shader is right.

So... I tried, but for some reason, I must have screwed it up.

You

" Here, click the browse button on the SteamVR Client and point it to the openVR API in your OpenComposite dir."

Me

1.  I clicked on steamvr client and browsed to my openvr API.  For me, this is in my D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin.  I can not see the file in here with the browse function in skatezilla, but I know it is in there.  Is this where the file should be?  I took the original openvrapi and renamed it.  I put the one from opencomposite in there.  Could this be the problem?

You

"Once this is done, change the redering driver to SteamVR API. Start DCS"

image.png

Does this look right?

BTW.. do you have any other programs open like opencomposite at the same time?

Mine looks like this

image.png

Appreciate your help.. I'm sure I will get there 🙂

Edited by Gogojuice
  • Like 1

In the OpenComposite app configuratie i get a list of games which i there set to run with OpenComposite. Your list is empty. 

I don't if this is mandatory because it's configuration which only needs to be run once (and probably it is't even neccesary). 

This week i'm not at home so I can't tell much more then what i have in my head right now (which is not always correct... LOL). 

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 7/13/2021 at 3:18 AM, Gogojuice said:

I clicked on steamvr client and browsed to my openvr API.  For me, this is in my D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin.  I can not see the file in here with the browse function in skatezilla, but I know it is in there.  Is this where the file should be?  I took the original openvrapi and renamed it.  I put the one from opencomposite in there.  Could this be the problem?

It is strange you had to do this. 
as far as I remember I didn’t do anything like this.

I have just installed it and run it. 
I use Skatezilla’s app, choose SteamVR API and that’s it.

As Lange says I see a list of programs in the opencomposite configuration page but that was done automatically.

Edited by diamond26

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

1 minute ago, sammich318 said:

Where do you download skatezilla app ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It's a real shame that something like this isn't useable with native Oculus mode, because it has such a positive impact on both colour and clarity. Using SteamVR is a massive performance hit on Oculus headsets though, and while OpenComposite offers a boost for games that would normally be SteamVR-only, it's still a performance hit compared to native Oculus mode.

Here's hoping someone figures out how to do it through Oculus one day... or perhaps that DCS will give us similar options on it's own.

3 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

Does the link in The OP have everything I need to try this out? And does the readme file have all the info required to get it working? 

Yes. Just install it using JSGME or equivalent and you can install/uninstall it at will.

Edited by Goffik

I dont know if I have these in the right folders or not...   And I was not able to locate any *.ini file to load as a preset.

image.png

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

No Derek they are not. Firstly only one copy of a mod, you can have open fsr one time.

You need to place the contents of them into the bin directory, not the folders themselves, if you are using a mod manager, you need one less directory… in the zip file for the mod… you will need the sub directories in the reshade mod.

here is an example of with the fsr mo:

openfsr example.png

Use a mod manager, as they will overwrite existing files critical to the game. And you can uninstall them easily, for example if you want to upgrade from one mod’s alpha to a release candidate.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

22 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

No Derek they are not. Firstly only one copy of a mod, you can have open fsr one time.

You need to place the contents of them into the bin directory, not the folders themselves, if you are using a mod manager, you need one less directory… in the zip file for the mod… you will need the sub directories in the reshade mod.

here is an example of with the fsr mo:

openfsr example.png

Use a mod manager, as they will overwrite existing files critical to the game. And you can uninstall them easily, for example if you want to upgrade from one mod’s alpha to a release candidate.

Not Derek... 🙂 

Ok...  I am using OGVME to put the mods in place.   I am trying them one at a time, but I am still not seeing any difference in the view except on the monitor when it is "enabled" I show both eyes views split.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

55 minutes ago, DERacing said:

Not Derek... 🙂 

Ok...  I am using OGVME to put the mods in place.   I am trying them one at a time, but I am still not seeing any difference in the view except on the monitor when it is "enabled" I show both eyes views split.

Sorry …

yes and unless you have corrected it you have one sub directory too many and they are going in the wrong place… 

the 2d really won’t matter very much, except with unverisal shader, but if they are going in the wrong place because the file structure created in ovgme has too many sub directories it makes no difference in any case.

assuming you have corrected the directory problem, how are you testing…

Edited by speed-of-heat

openvr_fsr-fsr, shouldn’t be there, but the contents the sub directory  should be.  The same is true of the reshades… 

when I said one copy of a mod, you took the wrong data point.

Rift s user here.....I dont see anything in opencomposite,  I tried browsing for openvr in Skatzillas VR interface app under steam VR.  I just need some help.  like jump into a discord and share my screen help lol.  

System: 7900X3D, MB: TUF Gaming Xg70E-Plus wifi, 64GB DDR5, ROG Strix 3090, Reverb G2, Windows 11

Do you get it working in 2D? Make sure you do that first so you know the installation is correct.

Then link the opencomposite uner SteamVR in Skatezilla's app and select SteamVR as VR.api.

12 hours ago, sammich318 said:

Rift s user here.....I dont see anything in opencomposite...

Make sure you are starting the sim in SteamVR mode and that the files are in the right place. It definitely works on a Rift S because I tried it myself. Not worth the performance loss though, since the game runs much better in native Oculus mode.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gogojuice said:

You have to start the sim in Steam?

Not being funny mate, but this is explained multiple times throughout this thread, including in the 3-4 posts directly above yours. Try reading before posting.

No, if you use SkateZilla's app to lauch DCS, just make sure you select the SteamVR API "and point (Browse) the Steam VR Client to your Opencomposite (OpenVR.api).

image.png

Right.. not too funny after all 😛 

Try reading the thread before you post and you will see I'm using the skatezilla app.  Plus, your posted really added nothing to the thread.

Seems there is a bit of different information depending on how you set it up.  One day I'll say good by to the Rift

Edited by Gogojuice