NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

2 hours ago, Gogojuice said:

Try reading the thread before you post and you will see I'm using the skatezilla app.

Yep, and the requirements for using this mod with that app have been explained at least twice, which you'd have known if you'd bothered to read before posting. Or if that was too much effort for you, you could have used the forum functionality to search this thread for a keyword such as "SkateZilla". Posts asking the same questions over and over are the ones that add nothing to threads and waste time and space.

I won't apologise for my attitude, because I am sick and tired of people that are too lazy or too brainless to do anything for themselves these days, no matter how simple.

Amen . Can't tell you how many times i've seen questions that were answered in the previous 1 or 2 posts .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

On 7/24/2021 at 8:50 PM, Goffik said:

Yep, and the requirements for using this mod with that app have been explained at least twice, which you'd have known if you'd bothered to read before posting. Or if that was too much effort for you, you could have used the forum functionality to search this thread for a keyword such as "SkateZilla". Posts asking the same questions over and over are the ones that add nothing to threads and waste time and space.

I won't apologise for my attitude, because I am sick and tired of people that are too lazy or too brainless to do anything for themselves these days, no matter how simple.

This is a place to help people out.  stop complaining about people posting.  Its vague and unclear to some trying to explain in a post.  So chill out 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

System: 7900X3D, MB: TUF Gaming Xg70E-Plus wifi, 64GB DDR5, ROG Strix 3090, Reverb G2, Windows 11

3 minutes ago, joso said:

That will help a lot of people compared to our answers lost in this thread. Well done!!

• Like 1

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone-

I have tried everything I came across to get ReshadeVR working but it keeps crashing DCS upon startup.  I did see a few others on this thread that had the same issue, however running DCS in administrative mode worked for them and did not work for me.  Here are the things that I tried:

• Tried the following steps listed below with both files: https://github.com/fholger/reshade/releases/tag/openvr_alpha2 & https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46999
  • Renaming the dxgi.dll driver to d3d11.dll
  • Checking ReshadeVR folders permission settings for "Users" & myself were set to Full Control
  • Installing the mod manually to the DCS bin folder
  • Installing the mod with ModManFX64
  • Followed steps closely for the DCS Use Universal VR shader without STEAM VR video (which will not work if the installation of ReshadeVR doesnt work correctly)
  • I attempted to find an older version of ReshageVR to replace the dxgi.dll 3867kb with the older dxgi.dll 3777kb driver (no luck with finding an older version)

I am new to DCS World but do know my way around when it comes to PCs.  I have the following PC specs and was hoping for a better VR experience, but my graphics SUCK!!!  Well that may be alittle over-exaggerated.  But my graphics are not as nice as I see with others on YOUTUBE with RTX2080TIs & RTX3090s.  So I was hoping ReshadeVR would help me out there.

My PC Specs: 

• Intel 10900K
  • 64GB DDR4 RAM
  • ASUS ROG Strix RTX3090 OC
  • HP Reverb G2

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what to try at this point.

(And my sincere apologizes if I missed a fix in this 21 page thread.  But I combed through it several times 🙂)

Thanks,

dxgi.log

Edited by CoaCoaPuffs

I had a look at your log , its exact same as mine ,

but you seem to have an odd screen resolution in the log  1073 x 1050  , is that your actual screen resolution

if not there is your problem i think,

your log is also missing your gpu info at the finish of the log, so i assume it fall overs crashes, after the screen resolution info

which is second last in your log ,,   regards 

Edited by The Highlander

you might try reducing your Steam Super sampling just a tad 450% is a iittle bit high... try oooh 100%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Just tried reducing my DCS Steam VR resolution to 100% but still did not work.  I'm starting to wonder if the issue could be the driver for my GPU.  Anyone else running an Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC?  If so, are you running driver version 27.21.14.6677?

Edited by CoaCoaPuffs

why wouldnt you use the nvidia drivers... 471.41 are the latest

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

image.png

wow.PNG

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, CoaCoaPuffs said:

I reduced the setting to 100% earlier this morning but still didnt work.  About to give it a try after updating my video driver.

I have found for me - for whatever reason - changing SS for my Vive Pro 2 in Steam VR does nothing in DCS, so I leave it at full default resolution and use the Pixel Density setting in DCS instead to get where I want it. SS in Steam VR works fine for me in other games, just not DCS - and just with the Vive Pro 2 for me it seems. It used to work fine for me in the Reverb G2.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

As we've discussed before Don, there is something not right about that.  SteamVR SS certainly should work in DCS, and work well, with the VP2.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

try these files

these are what work for me ,, delete your other reshade files and logs in your bin folder

including the dxgi config file and dxgi txt file , these will be rebuilt with the new files below

before adding the attached 4 files in to the bin folder where the dcs.exe is located too see if these files make any differrence

on your system

regards

ReShade.ini ReShadePreset.ini dxgi.dll README.md

Edited by The Highlander

On 8/6/2021 at 10:56 PM, CoaCoaPuffs said:

Hi Everyone-

I have tried everything I came across to get ReshadeVR working but it keeps crashing DCS upon startup.  I did see a few others on this thread that had the same issue, however running DCS in administrative mode worked for them and did not work for me.  Here are the things that I tried:

• Tried the following steps listed below with both files: https://github.com/fholger/reshade/releases/tag/openvr_alpha2 & https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46999
  • Renaming the dxgi.dll driver to d3d11.dll
  • Checking ReshadeVR folders permission settings for "Users" & myself were set to Full Control
  • Installing the mod manually to the DCS bin folder
  • Installing the mod with ModManFX64
  • Followed steps closely for the DCS Use Universal VR shader without STEAM VR video (which will not work if the installation of ReshadeVR doesnt work correctly)
  • I attempted to find an older version of ReshageVR to replace the dxgi.dll 3867kb with the older dxgi.dll 3777kb driver (no luck with finding an older version)

I am new to DCS World but do know my way around when it comes to PCs.  I have the following PC specs and was hoping for a better VR experience, but my graphics SUCK!!!  Well that may be alittle over-exaggerated.  But my graphics are not as nice as I see with others on YOUTUBE with RTX2080TIs & RTX3090s.  So I was hoping ReshadeVR would help me out there.

My PC Specs: 

• Intel 10900K
  • 64GB DDR4 RAM
  • ASUS ROG Strix RTX3090 OC
  • HP Reverb G2

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what to try at this point.

(And my sincere apologizes if I missed a fix in this 21 page thread.  But I combed through it several times 🙂)

Thanks,

dxgi.log 7.68 kB · 1 download

Man sometimes VR is a bitch. Do you use SteamVR Beta? If not please do that (Right click SteamVR --> Properties --> Beta's --> beta - SteamVR Beta Update). If that doesn't work, remove all ReShade traces from the bin folder and try if you can start DCS normally again without ReShade. 

If that succeeds use ReShade from this Github Repo: https://github.com/retroluxfilm/reshade-vrtoolkit/releases, rename Reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll, remove ReShade32.dll from the directory and copy the contents to the DCS bin folder. Now try to start DCS, if that succeeds you will most likely see the increased sharpness already being shown. If not, while in-game open Steam VR Dashboard and select the Reshade overlay in the lower left corner of the dashboard, this is where you also change settings in-game.

To change settings (like sharpness, contrast clamping or anything else) uncheck "Performance Mode" adjust settings --> Reload --> Check "Performance Mode". After that close SteamVR Dashboard. I hope this helps!

Edited by Marco Schaap
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI X570 Tomahawk, 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15D @ 3866C14, ASRock Taichi 7900XTX, HP Reverb G2, VPC WarBRD-D & Thrustmaster F16 Viper & F18 Super Hornet, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.

Bit late to the party, but thanks for posting this @Sr. :thumbup:

With the shader effect turned on, the world looks much more colorful and vivid. Just like what it looks like in real life right after a proper rain shower, with all dust particles washed away.

I normally don't use mods, because I had to many game breaking issues with 'em, but I think this is a keeper

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH