Sr.

7 minutes ago, The Highlander said:

1,  yes

2,  yes and no,  just remove the files and folders that you added in step 1

4 files and 3 folders

3,  no it does not  replace any game files 

4, Enjoy

Thanks so much Highlander. 

So it means copy 3 folders and 4 files under bin folder (not the mother folder) as below picture shows. 

And uninstall this mod by removing the same files from bin folder. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

3 hours ago, Jenson said:

Thanks so much Highlander. 

So it means copy 3 folders and 4 files under bin folder (not the mother folder) as below picture shows. 

And uninstall this mod by removing the same files from bin folder. 

Make life easier for yourself and use a mod manager to do all the install/uninstall work. My preference is Open Mod Manager. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Here's some feedback after using this ReshaderVR_sharpen_color mod: 

1. Indeed, the blurry greyish color is removed, it looks clearer especially in the cockpit's dark-colored parts (such as standby instruments and DDI and AMPCD). Now the DDI looks much more realistic (please pardon me to use this word as I never see a real DDI) as the screen are darker while the text and lines are sharpener, feels like electrons hitting on those old CRT screens. 

2. The edge of distant objects like mountains are sharpener, it even make the clouds edge sharpener yet not in the realistic way because the clouds still lacks details and shadow effects. Generally speaking it makes scenes clearer too, together with higher saturation and contrast.  

3. With the sharpening effect enabled, the HUD display looks clearer but as the edge is so sharp, it doesn't gives the glowing edge effect anymore but more like a chalk drawing on the blackboard. 

Overall, it's a nice mod and I hope ED could consider to incorporate this effect into the game option, like adding a contrast/saturation/sharpening sliders in the graphic option settings. 

Edited by Jenson
  • Like 4
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 1 month later...

Anyone have a suggestion for an effective OpenComposite ini file.  Here is what I have in mine, but not sure if I did this correct:

logGetTrackedProperty=false
forceConnectedTouch=on
useViewportStencil=true
threePartSubmit=off
enableAudio=off
haptics=on
admitUnknownProps=false
supersampleRatio=0.5
enableOverlays=true

Image36.jpg

Yikes, is anyone able to provide a NOOB friendly break-down for me? I'm new to DCS and VR.

So far I found the 2.7 shaders (that over-ride some of the in-game) shaders. 

Are you guys using this? What do I need to install/how? 

My headset is an Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks so much!

10 hours ago, chlywly said:

Yikes, is anyone able to provide a NOOB friendly break-down for me? I'm new to DCS and VR.

So far I found the 2.7 shaders (that over-ride some of the in-game) shaders. 

Are you guys using this? What do I need to install/how? 

My headset is an Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks so much!

If you're going to start modding, the first thing you should obtain is a mod manager. This is a tool which allows you to apply mods with a click and to also safely remove them without impacting your DCS implementation...which you will need to do whenever you're going to update DCS version. Most of us use OvGME, available here with instructions for its use.

Note, when you're setting it up that you'll need to define 2 profiles in OvGME, one which points to your Saved Games DCS folder and one which points at your DCS game installation folder. Mods like this one and the 2.7 shaders mod need to go under the latter profile as they add/replace files in the DCS Installation folder.structure. Others, like Aircraft mods add files to the Saved Games folder structure so go under the former.

If you have DCS Openbeta 2.7.6 make sure you implement the "2.7.6 Hotfix" version from the link below as there are issues with the original in this version..

• Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

2 hours ago, ShaunX said:

If you're going to start modding, the first thing you should obtain is a mod manager. This is a tool which allows you to apply mods with a click and to also safely remove them without impacting your DCS implementation...which you will need to do whenever you're going to update DCS version. Most of us use OvGME, available here with instructions for its use.

Note, when you're setting it up that you'll need to define 2 profiles in OvGME, one which points to your Saved Games DCS folder and one which points at your DCS game installation folder. Mods like this one and the 2.7 shaders mod need to go under the latter profile as they add/replace files in the DCS Installation folder.structure. Others, like Aircraft mods add files to the Saved Games folder structure so go under the former.

If you have DCS Openbeta 2.7.6 make sure you implement the "2.7.6 Hotfix" version from the link below as there are issues with the original in this version..

Thanks, so I've got the VR SHARPEN AA installed (which is just the Reshade plugin /w AA)

Which of the other Shaders mods should I be using with 2.7.6?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, MVS-Viper said:

Starting the game in VR with Opencomposite (Emulating Steam VR), and Skatezilla's app stopped working after the last update.  Still works fine with the Oculus option selected.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Why would you need to use Open Composite to bypass Steam VR when DCS has native Oculus support?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Using Open Composite is (was) the only option to use some of the shader packages.
They didn't work through the Oculus API.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

11 hours ago, MVS-Viper said:

Starting the game in VR with Opencomposite (Emulating Steam VR), and Skatezilla's app stopped working after the last update.  Still works fine with the Oculus option selected.

I don´t use Skatezilla´s app but same here, looks like OpenComposite don´t work with 2.7.7

Edited by 5ephir0th

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

11 hours ago, MVS-Viper said:

Opencomposite is not working anymore with 2.7.7. Skatezilla's app is fine for me.

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

17 часов назад, MVS-Viper сказал:

Same issue here

i9-11900K, MSI MAG Z590 TORPEDO, DDR4 32,0GB RAM, Gigabyte RTX3090, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, Quest 3, standalone DCS.

I suggest you start a separate bug thread for open composite, or bug the github site with the issue.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 months later...

For me the sharpening is mostly noticed on far away details, not so much up close in the cockpit. It should however be noticeable when looking at details on the mig in the menu hangar. Also a change Color/contrast should noticeable. Have you made A/B comparisons in the headset when turning the effects on off? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 4:00 AM, Thedoc_tv said:

Guys I have installed this manually, but I can notice it's effect only on the mirror, and not in the HMD, did I do something wrong?

What headset? I had the same experiance, that it doesn't actually change anything in VR just on my monitor. In this thread users mention that it only works for SteamVR

On 10/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, chlywly said:

Thanks, so I've got the VR SHARPEN AA installed (which is just the Reshade plugin /w AA)

Which of the other Shaders mods should I be using with 2.7.6?

image.png

So whats the current wisdom, after the latest beta updates etc on whic mod or combo of mods to use for VR ? I have up until now not complicated things by trying any of these, but having recently got my VR performing well, am interested in trying out this for any possible improvements....I use OVGME currently. 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Nice visual improvement for me using ReshadeVR_sharpen_color from github.  I'm keeping this.  I haven't tried the Sharper Eye version on nexusmods yet.  What is the difference between the two?

Intel i5 12600k @ 5.2GHz · MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 · Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 (2 x 16 GB) · ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3080 V2 OC Edition · HP Reverb G2 · Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360 · Samsung 980 M.2 2280 1TB · Corsair RM850X · Thrustmaster T-16000m w/pedals · Windows 11

Use the vr performance kit together with reshade as I like the colour corrections in reshade. I renamed the dxgi.dll in the reshade files to d3d11.dll following fholgers instructions so that reshade doesn’t overwrite the dxgi.dll in the vr perf. Kit. Figured it was better to rename the reshade file as it is the perf.kit that fHolger will work on from now on.

14 hours ago, Snakepit92 said:

What headset? I had the same experiance, that it doesn't actually change anything in VR just on my monitor. In this thread users mention that it only works for SteamVR

Hey, did you figure this out yet? same issue for me lol. can't find the solution on this forum. maybe I skipped over it though.

Guys, Im new to  using any Shader in VR , pls forgive my beginner question, but its any of the mentioned VR shaders  multiplayer compatible ? 

Im enjoying MP very much , so this Mod only makes sense for me if it passes integrity check .. is there an chance ?  

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version