NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

3 часа назад, Snakepit92 сказал:

Yeah, this one is compatible with Oculus. Same author, newer work

Universal VR shader gives much more sharpen quality and nice color adjustment. And its broken in DCS now, because Opencomposite not compatible with DCS anymore.
All above is about Oculus headset.

Edited by biotech
  • Thanks 1
Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

As I have posted elsewhere, I find the ReShade "mod" from https://reshade.me does not work with Quest2. so, what should I use instead?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

4 часа назад, VFGiPJP сказал:

so, what should I use instead?

It's not the same, but try 3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS

At least it works with Quest 2

Edited by biotech
  • Thanks 1
Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

6 hours ago, biotech said:

It's not the same, but try 3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS

At least it works with Quest 2

I have been using this for quite a while and it is great.

After watching how the ReShade helps in 2D and find out that it does not work in VR, I did a search and find this:

https://boneworks.thunderstore.io/package/Alfi/Reshade_VR_Package/

So far it is okay. I have made a video using it and I am still in the process of tuning it.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

2 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Lo uso da un po' ed è fantastico.

Dopo aver visto come ReShade aiuta in 2D e aver scoperto che non funziona in VR, ho fatto una ricerca e ho trovato questo:

https://boneworks.thunderstore.io/package/Alfi/Reshade_VR_Package/

Finora va bene. Ho realizzato un video utilizzandolo e sono ancora in fase di messa a punto.

Only work steam vr?

Thanx

Cause I use SteamVR for FSR and Necksafer so I have not check native. 

• Thanks 1

Guys, I installe vrperfkit and obviuosly it overvrite my Reshade lib so know it didn't work anymore.

There's a work around to have vrperfkit and Reshade? And if yes...how?

VRperfkit give me a good bost on fps but I love my Reshade profile, it make so realistic the normal dull color that DCS tend to have.

Thx.

1 minute ago, Hunter Joker said:

There's a work around to have vrperfkit and Reshade? And if yes...how?

I'd love to know that as well.  Atm, it's one or the other!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

8 minutes ago, imacken said:

I'd love to know that as well.  Atm, it's one or the other!

Both use DXgi.dll

Rename one DXgi.dll to d3d11.dll

I personally rename the one in the VRPK archive, but I think I read you can do either.

Edited by Sr.
  • Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Just now, Hunter Joker said:

So, I have already installed vrperfkit, now I must download, decomp Reshade 5 and then rename the dll, after that launch the installer? Sorry a bit noob 🙂

I'd recommend that. Even better, you can use OvGME or similar to build the proper folders and toggle them off/in the future... in the event of an update or need to do a repair install, sure comes in handy.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

I'd recommend that. Even better, you can use OvGME or similar to build the proper folders and toggle them off/in the future... in the event of an update or need to do a repair install, sure comes in handy.
Forgive me, can You (You will hate me) tell me step by step what I have to do?
I have vrperfkit installed and working, from there how I must proceed? Ihave also OVGME.
Thx for Your patience.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Both use DXgi.dll

Rename one DXgi.dll to d3d11.dll

I personally rename the one in the VRPK archive, but I think I read you can do either.

I haven’t looked into it, but how do you tell reshade to look for the new renamed dll?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 minute ago, imacken said:

I haven’t looked into it, but how do you tell reshade to look for the new renamed dll?

Here's the dev comments.

https://github.com/fholger/vrperfkit/issues/9

Is there a way to integrate ReShade? I've been using the VrFSR mod for a while with DCS, along with ReShade and it'd be nice to keep that option.

@fholger
Owner

fholger commented 18 days ago

I haven't tested if they work together, but you can rename either of the DLLs to d3d11.dll to install them alongside each other.

• Like 1

--Arthur C Clark

Thanks for that. It works a treat!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunter Joker said:

Forgive me, can You (You will hate me) tell me step by step what I have to do?
I have vrperfkit installed and working, from there how I must proceed? Ihave also OVGME.
Thx for Your patience.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Basically, I created a folder to store any mod I use in OvGME. Then say for FSR, or VRPK (knowing they go in the DCS bin folder) I start with a folder named FSR, inside that create a folder named bin, then extract or copy the files needed into that folder, then toggle on/off in OvGME.

For ReShade once I did the initial install in the past, and later had to do a DCS repair, and had it save backup once finished, I then copied the ReShade related content from the appropriate DCS backup folder created after repair. I copied those files to a similar 'ReShade/bin" folder for later use.

Other useful info here:

Edited by Sr.
  • Like 2

--Arthur C Clark

I'm not seeing any difference between the VR PerfKit and the OpenFSR when items are set to the same settings.  Even if I toggle Fixed Foviated to true... I dont see any frametime or FPS differences even though i'm GPU limited and 99% utilized.

In addition, I cant SEE any difference of the fixed foviated enabled alone, so my only assumption is that it doesn't yet do anything or is bugged.  Anyone tried this?

Otherwise, I'm very happy locked at 90FPS on a Reverb G2 with Open FSR and SimplerEye Reshade.

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

FFR does not work , unless you use this fork cedriclmenard/vrperfkit: VR Performance Toolkit (github.com)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

35 minutes ago, DroptheHammer said:

I'm not seeing any difference between the VR PerfKit and the OpenFSR when items are set to the same settings.  Even if I toggle Fixed Foviated to true... I dont see any frametime or FPS differences even though i'm GPU limited and 99% utilized.

In addition, I cant SEE any difference of the fixed foviated enabled alone, so my only assumption is that it doesn't yet do anything or is bugged.  Anyone tried this?

Otherwise, I'm very happy locked at 90FPS on a Reverb G2 with Open FSR and SimplerEye Reshade.

I don't understand the whole "Fixed" Foveated Rendering.  Foveated Rendering is for headsets that track your eye and only render where your eye is looking.  "Fixed" Foveated Rendering... doesn't it basically mean it's NOT doing Foveated Rendering?

The way he described in his GitHub "by rendering the outer areas of the VR images at a lower resolution while still rendering the center of the image at full resolution"  That's what VR headsets do by default.  So I'm not exactly sure what it's for.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 1

If you enable the FFR (fixed foveated render) then you can see the effect clearly on the 2D mirror. Certainly my G2 renders full resolution right out to the display edges, that high resolution is then blurred by the Fresnel lenses so the FFR effect is almost invisible in the headset. It would look terrible in a varjo with the wide sweet spot.

The fixed FFR fork gives me another 1-1.5ms give or take with the default settings.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Hey Taz, sort of yes sort of no, the Fresnel lenses certainly give that effect, but they are rendered at the same resolution; FFR just reduces the processing power required... it needs careful balance to avoid visual artefacts 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg