NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

16 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

I would uninstall existing reshade, and then use the installer provided, which seems to work fine for me ...

Copy. Thank you  

I use the FHolgar CAS color.fx with ovgme and i'm going try to update reshade and keep using the FHolgar preset.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Odd, you can try as @speed-of-heat suggested, something may have got itself in a twist. So an uninstall reinstall, then copy the DLL out to you modmanager. And uninstall again (if you're using a MOD manager)

FYI, this is the size and date stamp of the working 5.0.2 DLL for me

Reshade.PNG

Edited by zildac
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, Pocket Kings said:

Honestly FXAA doesn't do a ton against aliasing for me. Yes, streets and coastlines look noticeably better, but power lines and rooftops still look awful. Also I tested FXAA in conjunction with SMAA, that was really an improvement, but came at a cost of 5 fps. I guess regarding anti-aliasing, you get what you pay for. MSAA 2x, yeah well good cockpit but landscape still... meh. MSAA 4x, cool overall but half the fps... so thank you no thank you.

What really boosted immersion for me was color curves, vibrance and RGB correction. These combined with Better Trees Mod and Barthek's Caucasus Mod which also came at a cost of ~ 5 fps, but I'll take those optimisations all day over a half decent AA that I don't care about anyway when push comes to shove (like SAMs engaging you or landing with a heavy crosswind and so on).

Color is king for clarity in VR this is why when the first CV1 was used the HDMI cable swap trick was so popular back in 2017 until NVidia made it not possible.

So good color profile is worth more to me than aliasing.

Edited by freehand

1 hour ago, zildac said:

Odd, you can try as @speed-of-heat suggested, something may have got itself in a twist. So an uninstall reinstall, then copy the DLL out to you modmanager. And uninstall again (if you're using a MOD manager)

FYI, this is the size and date stamp of the working 5.0.2 DLL for me

Reshade.PNG

Mine is a different size. Can you attach that here?  Or is that against some rule?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Mine is a different size. Can you attach that here?  Or is that against some rule?
I think that may be in breach of the Reshade license. Tbh easiest way to do it is install to your DCS directory using the installer, lift the dxgi.dll then uninstall. Have you tried that method?

Sent from my LE2120 using Tapatalk

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

OK, I'm in a mess with this.  Using the exe installer and doing a bit of messing around, I can get it working on monitor. But, even though the monitor mirror works when running VR, nothing works in the actual VR environment.

Going back to the old mod till I can see a way of getting this 5.0.2 working!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OK, I'm in a mess with this.  Using the exe installer and doing a bit of messing around, I can get it working on monitor. But, even though the monitor mirror works when running VR, nothing works in the actual VR environment.
So, in the HMD you need to use the steam overlay to have any effect on the VR visuals. It's frankly a pain in the backside,

I heard that you'd ought to use fholger's vrperfkit instead of standard openvr_FSR. Anyway, get used to hit, as he wrote that development will go further on the vrperfkit branch rather than the legacy openvr_FSR. Also, if you use NVIDIA 16xx or 30xx series, the new branch is a must. And if you're an AMD afficionado, you can use CAS, which boosted stability greatly and also FPS a little for me (6700 XT).

1 hour ago, zildac said:
7 hours ago, imacken said:

So, in the HMD you need to use the steam overlay to have any effect on the VR visuals. It's frankly a pain in the backside,

Sounds like it!

What Steam overlay are we talking about here?

2 hours ago, imacken said:

The one and only. It's a feature of Steam which allows you it to show overlays, such as messages, your achievements, menu screens, etc, over the top of the game you're playing. It works in both pancake and VR modes. Settings => In-Game => Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game. Shift+Tab brings it up in pancake mode by default. I can't remember what opens the VR menus though, since I don't use SteamVR anymore.

7 hours ago, imacken said:

Sounds like it!

You have to use the controllers to bring it up , pressing the menu (burger)  button (looks like three minus signs stacked vertically, on the WMR controllers) and then its on the left hand side of the menu bar that comes up.

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks guys. I’m very familiar with that Steam overlay. Just wanted to check we were talking about that and not something else. 

• Like 2

Quck question, what does using this toolkit, ie AMD FSR for scaling better than using the Steam VR application render scale?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Better performance and better visual acuity than the equivalent resolution in steamvr.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

You want to really get a mind rush, use all of the above, and than reactivate these stereo settings for 3D glasses with nvidiaProfileInspector.  Now your VR is popping life like.Untitled.jpg.708eb7b34d872491f10b515b69c4ccf5.jpg
What am I supposed to see? Looked exactly the same to me.

59 minutes ago, kraszus said:

I've tried using sharpening via Reshade and VRPerfkit separately (tried both FSR and NIS) and even with sharpness at 0.4 I feel the terrain looks quite pixelated and shimmers.

Shimmering is going to be more to do with the resolution you are using than the level of sharpening. Too low, and no amount of MSAA or sharpening reduction is going to smooth the jaggies.

Edited by Goffik

No shimmering is a direct factor of sharpening, however 0.4 what ... if thats the resolution factor thats way to low try 0.8- 0.7 and if thats sharpness its way to high ...try 0.1-0.2

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

No shimmering is a direct factor of sharpening, however 0.4 what ... if thats the resolution factor thats way to low try 0.8- 0.7 and if thats sharpness its way to high ...try 0.1-0.2

It was Sharpness in the reshade settings. I'll try lowering it to 0.1

Edited by kraszus

I had thought 0.7 would have been conservative given some people on this topic are using the following:

[code]

[VR_CAS_Color.fx]
Brightness=0.985000
CASContrast=0.600000
Contrast=1.001000
MaxDelta=0.100000
Saturation=1.100000
Sharpening=1.700000

[/code]

22 hours ago, kraszus said:

I had thought 0.7 would have been conservative given some people on this topic are using the following:

Yeah but we all have different ideas of what looks "good" though, don't we? That's why I keep telling people to do their own work and experiment, rather than going with what some guy on a forum claimed is "optimal" or "perfect".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Goffik said:

Yeah but we all have different ideas of what looks "good" though, don't we? That's why I keep telling people to do their own work and experiment, rather than going with what some guy on a forum claimed is "optimal" or "perfect".

Yep

I'm down to 0.3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Am 19.2.2022 um 13:46 schrieb speed-of-heat:

I would uninstall existing reshade, and then use the installer provided, which seems to work fine for me ...

When I want to install reshade, it asks me for the rendering api. What should I click?

Edited by A.F.