AAA Barrage Fire

algherghezghez

Barrage fire unfortunately is not possible at the moment with any of the current ground units.. It has been asked/wished for since eternity.

Only thing you can try/do right now, is place some AAA units (capable of seeing at night) and have some small enemy aircraft (like a drone) circle overhead. Obviously you'd have to set that unit to immortal and make it not react to threats.

I've been playing with it, but the results are far from satisfying... Don't expect '90 Gulf war scenes... 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like barrage fire has been included with 2.7.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

6 hours ago, Cowboy10uk said:

Looks like barrage fire has been included with 2.7.

Yes I saw!

A fantastic surprise, in addition to all the other awesome new features! :cheer3nc:

Thanks @Eagle Dynamics:worthy:

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

Yes I saw!

A fantastic surprise, in addition to all the other awesome new features! :cheer3nc:

Thanks @Eagle Dynamics:worthy:

Yep, think it’s fair this patch is a home run.   One of the best experiences I’ve had in DCS, flying through weather today.  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

On 4/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, 2alpha-down0 said:

Has anyone found a way to get the 88m guns to work with the barrage function?  All other AAA appears to work fine as long as you pick an altitude that's in range.

Does anyone know what the maximum altitudes for each type of AAA is? I found that Shilka and ZU-23 works up to 5000 feet, the new S-60 reaches 10 000. What about other units?

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

On 4/16/2021 at 10:03 AM, 2alpha-down0 said:

Has anyone found a way to get the 88m guns to work with the barrage function?  All other AAA appears to work fine as long as you pick an altitude that's in range.

This is unfortunate...I have a mission with lots of flak and was really hoping to get barrage to work.

Can somebody send me a MIZ file with a working AAA barrage?  I cant seem to get mine to work.  I followed all the steps shown in the video several posts above but the AAA guns just sit there.  I am running the latest Open Beta patch. I have tried the ZU 23 & the S 60s.  Neither work for me.

20210423212814_1.jpg

Edited by FritzRommel

Do you have a trigger calling them to start? Right now the command is in the triggered actions panel so they are waiting for something to tell them to start shooting. You can put the commands in the waypoint action panel to get them to start immediately.